5.1.4 setup under 2.5lacs

Audiophiler

Hi everyone,

For the longest time, I've been really keen on building a beginner surround setup. After digging for info and talking to people around, I've kind of understood what I'd like at home.

Please suggest me if there better options than the below -

1. Heco Victa Prime 702 series or Taga Harmony Platinum f120 v3
2. AVR - Denon x2700h
3. Heco install basic INC 62 for ceiling speakers

Really appreciate your inputs.

Hi everyone,

For the longest time, I've been really keen on building a beginner surround setup. After digging for info and talking to people around, I've kind of understood what I'd like at home.

2. AVR - Denon x2700h

This setup is with a TV or projector ?

The best option for you would be the one which you actually listen and like.

Decide on speakers and then explore which AVR can drive them.

My experience:
I auditioned and did NOT like some popular recommended models like Q Acoustics 3020i, Polk ES55. In 3 auditions I listened to Dali Oberon 3 and Zensor 1. I liked them each time. So, I have decided to purchase Dali bookshelf speakers.

Hi everyone,

2. AVR - Denon x2700h

Hi,

Welcome to HFV!

First suggestion is NOT to rush into anything. Dont ever reveal your actual budget to local dealers. Visit them audition and make a note of which system meets your needs, budget and liking to ears! Everyone has different expectations and needs. What sounds great to me will be harsh or dull for you!

Besides some speaker brands which offer 2/3/5 years warranty, sadly AVRs dont come with that kind of warranty which is only limited to 1 year. Post Covid everything has gone up skyhigh except for the income we earn (salaries).

Best route followed by most (sometimes by me) is to see pre owned stuff being sold over Classifieds in this site and over OLX. There are dealers and even individual sellers. What you should do is audition all kinds of systems and make a shortlist of models/brands. Share the same with us and perhaps we can direct / guide on next steps.

Given you have auditioned most systems by then, you can if you wish, look at pre owned AVRs or speakers being sold and accordingly take a call / crack a good deal which will save some budget which can be used for something else.

All the best. There are many forums here including owner threads of various brands which can perhaps give you further insights and reviews.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV!

First suggestion is NOT to rush into anything. Dont ever reveal your actual budget to local dealers. Visit them audition and make a note of which system meets your needs, budget and liking to ears! Everyone has different expectations and needs. What sounds great to me will be harsh or dull for you!

Besides some speaker brands which offer 2/3/5 years warranty, sadly AVRs dont come with that kind of warranty which is only limited to 1 year. Post Covid everything has gone up skyhigh except for the income we earn (salaries).

Best route followed by most (sometimes by me) is to see pre owned stuff being sold over Classifieds in this site and over OLX. There are dealers and even individual sellers. What you should do is audition all kinds of systems and make a shortlist of models/brands. Share the same with us and perhaps we can direct / guide on next steps.

Given you have auditioned most systems by then, you can if you wish, look at pre owned AVRs or speakers being sold and accordingly take a call / crack a good deal which will save some budget which can be used for something else.

All the best. There are many forums here including owner threads of various brands which can perhaps give you further insights and reviews.
The issue is that these local dealers won't have the brands I might be looking for, and on top of that, they'll push their brands. Hence, I wanted suggestions from all you veterans.

As far as classified ads portals go, I'm not too sure about them as I've had bad experiences in the past. Feel like most of the people thronging there are wanting to scam people.

I'm in Navi Mumbai, just for everyone's info.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back