5.1 thru RCA ??

kishoresee

hey guys

i have small n basic level question

i have philips 5.1 DVD player and i bot a HT (5.1 Dolby n DTS ). my doubt is can i use stereo ( old red n white clurd ) cables ? can i get Dobly digital effects thr this cable ??

please clear my doubt :indifferent14:

Please do not use SMS like text language in forums. Thanks for understanding.

To answer your query ...

If you connect the DVD players analogue (composite) audio-out (White and Red RCA) to your HT, you will get stereo sound only. No Dolby Digital. However, if the HT has Dolby Prologic Surround Sound capability, then you may get some surround effects.

Please do not use SMS like text language in forums. Thanks for understanding.

To answer your query ...

If you connect the DVD players analogue (composite) audio-out (White and Red RCA) to your HT, you will get stereo sound only. No Dolby Digital. However, if the HT has Dolby Prologic Surround Sound capability, then you may get some surround effects.

it has Dolby Digital Decoding

You can get DD and DTS in two ways.

1. If your DVD player has an inbuilt DD and DTS decoder with 5.1 channel analog out. You can use 3 pairs of RCA connectors for front left and right, surround left and right, centre and subwoofer and connected to 5.1 channel analog input of the AVR.

2. If your DVD player has a coaxial or optical digital out you need to connect a single cable to the AVR. Alternatively a HDMI can also be used if available in both devices.

Back