50" Plasma PV 70 Demo piece v/s Samsung B450 - Your suggestions please

oracle1974

Hi
I am getting a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma PV 70 - about 8 months old for 48,000. Probably get it lower when i bargain. The warranty will be for three years ( company warranty) from the date of purchase.

I am also getting a 50 inch Samsung B450 for 63,000. It is difficult to get Samsung 50 inch plasma in Mumbai of late.

My other set-up will be Pioneer DV 610 DVD player and Denon 1910 receiver.

Please suggest what would be a good option. If i get PV70 at say 42000 should i go for it or go with Samsung B450?

Your suggestions please,
Thanks

not really sure about demo plasma pieces bro...i'd suggest stay away from it...is the sammy 450 a new one? ppl here in the forum heavily favor it...u r lucky if u get one...go for it!

stay away from the pv70,it has a major burn in issue and being a demo piece i am sure it has not been carefully used.

Stay away from ANY used plasmas until you get a throw away price. Especially LG which are more prone to IR/Burn in than competetion.

If you still interested, Display a full white screen in the piece and check for any uneven screen or identifyable IR before jumping in.

BTW, Samsung B450 was being sold ~57k sometime back.

Stay Away from the PV70. It is four years and two/three generations old. When investing in ANY LCD/PLASMA tv's I will stay away from picking up a demo piece - esp a 3/4 yr old one.

If you are considering picking up a demo piece, in addition to checking for burn-in-misuse etc, ensure its a outgoing model - not an outdated one! (that too only if they give me substantial discount on it!)

Please bear in mind that the TV is likely to stay with you for the next half a dozen, or more, years - would you rather not invest in the latest tech then?

I heard that the Samsung Plasmas are no longer in production - especially the B350. Is that true?

I heard that the Samsung Plasmas are no longer in production - especially the B350. Is that true?

Not sure about B350..but B450 plasma is very much into production as I can see 42 incher is easily available.. it was launched around May last year.. and its successor C450 is awaited this year (could be around may-june time frame)..

Sammy B450 is any day better. i am using it with normal contrast and brightness (post initial 100hrs) and believe me, the contrast and depth (shadows) are just great. no IR of any sort, though i watch news channels a lot. i got it for 55k in dec'09. u should try to get the price down as B550 has replaced it. just browse every sammy dealer in your city and find the one who has got one stuck up with in his inventory. you may get a bargain. all the best

Sammy B450 is any day better. i am using it with normal contrast and brightness (post initial 100hrs) and believe me, the contrast and depth (shadows) are just great. no IR of any sort, though i watch news channels a lot. i got it for 55k in dec'09. u should try to get the price down as B550 has replaced it. just browse every sammy dealer in your city and find the one who has got one stuck up with in his inventory. you may get a bargain. all the best

FYI, B550 did not replace B450.
They are side by side models of 2009.

B550 is FDH while B450 is 720p.

The one that will replace B450 is the yet to be release (assumed to be more costly) C450.

It will reach the current B450 prices/offers during deewali timeframe.

B450 is good till then.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I will be going with Samsung b450; will try to bring down the price from 63,000. Mumbai prices maybe a bit more expensive on account of octroi.

Hi
I am getting a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma PV 70 - about 8 months old for 48,000. Probably get it lower when i bargain. The warranty will be for three years ( company warranty) from the date of purchase.

I am also getting a 50 inch Samsung B450 for 63,000. It is difficult to get Samsung 50 inch plasma in Mumbai of late.

My other set-up will be Pioneer DV 610 DVD player and Denon 1910 receiver.

Please suggest what would be a good option. If i get PV70 at say 42000 should i go for it or go with Samsung B450?

Your suggestions please,
Thanks

what is your location?
which dealers you visited?

I am at Borivali west, Mumbai.
I have visited vijay sales, ezone , croma, samsung showroom at Borivali and at SV Road at Vile Parle.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back