90-Days FREE Tidal Music Streaming Subscription (Premium or HiFi Plan)!!!

@Michelangalo thanks for the info! Registered today and now I can enjoy lossless music of different genres in my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_194132.jpg
    IMG_20200719_194132.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 22
How are You Guys playing MQA? And how to verify if actual quality is indeed better than HiFi?

1. You can truly experience the MQA only when you have MQA decoder in your DAC. Most DACs don’t. In that case, only one out of the three encodings the MQA has is done by the software. The other two decodings are done by hardware decoder in DAC. Most of us can only listen to incompletely decoded MQA - not much fun.

2. When you play MQA, you see the ‘Master’ logo besides the file (instead of the ‘Hifi’ logo for FLAC).

3. There’s no consensus among listeners whether MQA is indeed better sound quality, despite being higher resolution. It’s not like normal hi-res files. Some wonder if this proprietary standard is just sort of smart equalisation. You need to draw your own conclusion on it - but only after you get a MQA enabled DAC.

As for me, I have a non-MQA DAC and I prefer how FLAC version of a song on Tidal sounds through it as compared to MQA version of the same.

Hello Audiophiles,

Tidal has is offering 90-Days Tidal Music Streaming Subscription (Premium or HiFi Plan) for Free when you click on the "Start Free Trial" offer link valid for New Tidal Users only.

Tidal Music Link

VPN is required for one time registration. Use VPN and select US to access the link- Tidal Music Link

Once registered no VPN is required to access Tidal app.

Android users-
- Can be downloaded on Android phones via Aptoide app. Works like a charm

iOs users- (thanks to FM @sandeepss)
- 1. You need to create an Apple ID with a US/Canada address with phone number. Detailed steps here. Skip adding payment info.
2. Go to "App store" on your iPad, sign-out of existing account(primary ID) and sign in with this new ID, now you have access to the local content of US/Canada.
3. Download the Tidal application and sign out of the new ID
4. Sign in to iOS with your primary ID and continue using Tidal. The app will auto-update when the developer pushes updates

Note, be sure to select the tab of choice during the select your plan option.
  • Tidal Music Streaming Subscription (Premium Plan)
    • Premium Sound Quality
    • 60+ Million Tracks
    • Unlimited Skips
    • Expertly curated playlists
  • Tidal Music Streaming Subscription (HiFi Plan) -Lossless music plan
    • HiFi Sound Quality +
    • Tidal Masters +
    • 60+ Million Tracks
    • Unlimited Skips
    • Expertly curated playlists

Tidal Music Link
Just got this offer, Many Thanks.
BluOS & Tidal MQA is a sweet match.

Cheers.

Not to highjack the thread or not to get into the whole better equipment to play it discussion, requesting for an extremely subjective opinion on -

- Does anyone FEEL that MQA on tidal on older music - let's say before the 80s is brighter/harsher? Compared to the HiFi? Newer stuff is fine specially past 2000s, BUT, HiFi sounds almost always better on older stuff.

I am almost consistently getting the same result across all my setups, stereo, AV or portable.

Installed it on my android phone. Any idea how to stream to Arch Linux based server?
I'm using mpdroid to remote control music library on server.

Not to highjack the thread or not to get into the whole better equipment to play it discussion, requesting for an extremely subjective opinion on -

- Does anyone FEEL that MQA on tidal on older music - let's say before the 80s is brighter/harsher? Compared to the HiFi? Newer stuff is fine specially past 2000s, BUT, HiFi sounds almost always better on older stuff.

I am almost consistently getting the same result across all my setups, stereo, AV or portable.
Just started with Tidal. Will explore your observation regarding this. How do you listen to It on your phone?

I don’t have MQA decoder in my DAC. So this might not mean much. But I do prefer the Tidal Hifi over MQA (where both versions of a track are available). It sounds more organic and musical to me. In all my playlists I take care to add the HiFi version.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can pay much less by subscribing to Tidal Turkey once you finish your free trial. You’d need to create a new account though. Find more details in the main ‘Tidal in India’ thread:

Here’s a detailed assessment of Tidal for Indian users:
Hi, can you get it for desktop pc as well? The turkey plan looks killer

I don’t have MQA decoder in my DAC. So this might not mean much. But I do prefer the Tidal Hifi over MQA (where both versions of a track are available). It sounds more organic and musical to me. In all my playlists I take care to add the HiFi version.
yes i agree, i have compared same tracks available on MQA & HIFI, except for very limited tracks i feel the artist vocals are more alive but could be placebo as i see the MQA logo lit up on my Bluesound app & that convinces my ears? :rolleyes:

Cheers.

I guess so, since it works on laptop and the operating systems are the same between a laptop and desktop. If you have an old OS version then need to check.

Here’s some information from the link below:

“TIDAL Desktop 64 bit version requires 64 bit supported hardware (64 bit CPU which most modern devices has)

While TIDAL Desktop 32 bit can function without problems on both Windows 32 bit or Windows 64 bit PC. But 64 bit version will work only on Windows 64 bit.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started with Tidal. Will explore your observation regarding this. How do you listen to It on your phone?
Nope not on phone, multiple systems with FiiO M11 as the source or my computers with the dragonfly and headphone/earphone.

In all my playlists I take care to add the HiFi version.

You can make your playlist with anything you just have to select the HiFi for both playback and download.

I am not sure whether the tracks are separately uploaded as MQA and HiFi on tidal or MQA is just a layer or a Smart EQ that is enabled when chosen. I will give you an example, I made a bunch of MQA playlists and then started kind of finding MQA annoying, changed the settings as above. The playlists still showed the MQA tracks which is fine. I then went ahead and deleted some of the playlists and re-downloaded them. To my surprise this time it hardly took any time for the app to download the playlist; I clearly remember the first time I downloaded it took substantially longer. So I guess it didn't have to re-download the music to play in HiFi, it just had to switch something off :) I might be purely speculating but, this is what I think!!

Yes Absolutely.

I guess so, since it works on laptop and the operating systems are the same between a laptop and
You can make your playlist with anything you just have to select the HiFi for both playback and download.

Why select Hifi for every song while playing back when you can choose and add the Hifi tracks while creating the playlist?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back