90-Days FREE Tidal Music Streaming Subscription (Premium or HiFi Plan)!!!

Why select Hifi for every song while playing back when you can choose and add the Hifi tracks while creating the playlist?
I find it more convenient, as I feel, I do not have to look for songs in a particular format, add whatever you want and just let it all play in HiFi instead of MQA. I am sucker for convenience :p

@SachinChavan @chander Thanks, i managed to install tidal on my PC (tidal turkey, 1 month free Rs. 200 approx for the monthly plan thereafter). However, when I'm trying to install it on my Ipad, despite having connected through the same VPN on my Ipad also (i.e. SurfShark), the app is refusing to show up on the app store stating its not available in my country or region. Any workarounds?

@SachinChavan @chander Thanks, i managed to install tidal on my PC (tidal turkey, 1 month free Rs. 200 approx for the monthly plan thereafter). However, when I'm trying to install it on my Ipad, despite having connected through the same VPN on my Ipad also (i.e. SurfShark), the app is refusing to show up on the app store stating its not available in my country or region. Any workarounds?

I too took that plan today and went through a bunch of hoops to get it working.
You won't be able to use the tidal App directly on an ios device - The tidal app is not available on India App store (given the service isn't there) so you will either have to change your Apple ID to US (not worth the hassle) or jailbreak your device (again, not worth the hassle)

The workaround would be to either use an android or use your streamers' app
e.g. In my case, DTS play-fi on iphone/ipad works with all my Paradigm and Klipsch streamers.

For my Denon AVR though, HEOS didn't show tidal as an option (as your HEOS location will be marked as India)
I changed that to Turkey after which it works - presumably will work with location set to any country where Tidal is available

Last edited:
I guess that has to do with your Apple ID country/region settings, try changing & retry hope that works.

You won't be able to use the tidal App directly on an ios device - The tidal app is not available on India App store (given the service isn't there) so you will either have to change your Apple ID to US (not worth the hassle) or jailbreak your device (again, not worth the hassle)

e.g. In my case, DTS play-fi on iphone/ipad works with all my Paradigm and Klipsch streamers.

For my Denon AVR though, HEOS didn't show tidal as an option (as your HEOS location will be marked as India)
I changed that to Turkey after which it works - presumably will work with location set to any country where Tidal is available
Great! thanks for clearing that up! I'm on Denon/Marantz too so i'll try changing the app region to turkey and try. Till then, i stick with android (thankfully, im not completely entrenched in to apple eco system and have an android phone).

Just open Tidal in iPad Safari browser and login. It’s as good as the app. And you don’t need to change your App Store for that as all you are using is Safari app. Doesn’t work on iPhone though. For better experience, keep your iPad in landscape orientation.

I tried installing tidal on my android device (Samsung S9 Plus) and similar to the ipad, i wasn't able to install it from the playstore or otherwise. Is the *.apk file available to download from a trusted source?

I tried installing tidal on my android device (Samsung S9 Plus) and similar to the ipad, i wasn't able to install it from the playstore or otherwise. Is the *.apk file available to download from a trusted source?
Like with the app store, the tidal app isn’t officially available with play store.
you still been to side load the apk from apkmirror or any other repository

@DB1989 @SachinChavan
Just an update that the workaround to install Tidal on an iphone or ipad is actually not that bad.

I had an old US Apple ID - but creating one is just a matter of minutes
next head to your settings -> App store , sign out from there

Sign back in with the new ID, reopen app store, install the Tidal app

Then back to settings - > App store -> Sign out and then sign back in with your India ID.
Done!

Not sure how updates would work but we'll see

@DB1989 @SachinChavan
Just an update that the workaround to install Tidal on an iphone or ipad is actually not that bad.

I had an old US Apple ID - but creating one is just a matter of minutes
next head to your settings -> App store , sign out from there

Sign back in with the new ID, reopen app store, install the Tidal app

Then back to settings - > App store -> Sign out and then sign back in with your India ID.
Done!

Not sure how updates would work but we'll see

@superczar, that’s because you had an old US Apple ID. Creating one requires you to give local (US) phone number and all that which many of us don’t have.

Hi,
I subscribed today HiFi few minutes back.
I played Marooned (masters) via tidal and same through Spotify Premium HQ.
Spotify sounded better IMO.
I am right now using BT receiver (which supports aptxHD ) connected to internal DAC of pm6006 via spdif.
Am I missing some settings?

Just a few thoughts on the Tidal experience.
The good : The SQ is noticeably better than spotify and Apple Music
The difference is noticeable even when piped in the background on cheap BA A26 speakers in the kitchen

The bad: The UI and overall experience is not even close to spotify and AM
Also, sometimes, there is a noticeable lag between track selection and playback on any streamer which doesnt happen with spotify/ AM which does ruin the experience a bit.. Not sure if its because of latency and the fact that it;s a turkey account?

The ugly - ATMOS tracks are an outright gimmick. Stereo playback is starkly better than than atmos for the same track

all in all, i will keep it given the 200 a month price.. no regrets even if it is used rarely
But at 1500/- i.e. 20USD, i think i would have given it a pass purely because of the far more convenient experience offered by AM and spotify

@superczar, that’s because you had an old US Apple ID. Creating one requires you to give local (US) phone number and all that which many of us don’t have.
@SachinChavan I checked creating a new acct today as your point made me curious. You can enter a India phone number also for a US acct.
You just need to enter any US address.. could be any office address also FWIW - give it a try

Installed it on my android phone. Any idea how to stream to Arch Linux based server?
I'm using mpdroid to remote control music library on server.

Figured out. I connected chromecast's optical output to input of dac and started streaming from phone.
Quality is quite good.

Any feedback on Tidal Turkey vs. Tidal US for local Indian content. Also any member interested in sharing family membership slot in Tidal US

Any feedback on Tidal Turkey vs. Tidal US for local Indian content.

Almost the same. Was discussed in the main Tidal thread:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back