A CD Player for my parents

canchi

Looking to gift my parents a CD player. Need to keep it simple, a single apparatus with a single remote, they refuse to operate anything more complicated than that!
They listen to: Indian Classical music,light classical and Sufi music
Looking at- Denon D-M38DAB ,Onkyo CS-V 645, Onkyo CS545 and the like. May consider having DVD playback capability (for a TV that could be hooked up later)
Any suggestions?

If you are looking at DVD playability, why don't you have a look at Maratz BDP deal on hi-fi mart! It is for 16k I guess. However, very few DVD players can give audio quality of CDP. Oppo93/95 will be a good choice and going by some posts, it will be close to 40k. You will get better idea by searching for Oppo on the forum.

Well, I am looking for a complete system, like a mini hifi. Anything else, like an amp , speakers and CDP would be too complicated for my parents.

You can also go for Marantz Mini system available at HiFi Mart........

Have finally narrowed down the choice to Onkyo CS-V 645 CD Receiver System vs Denon DM38DAB. The latter is available on flipkart for 31k, while the former - pricing and availability appears to be unknown.....

A word of advice...better to avoid buying expensive stuff on flipkart.Friend of mine bought a flat screen for around 40k:warranty was not in the box and the piece was defective.

Took a month for them to resolve it(replacement not in stock) and finally they refunded him by placing the amount in his account wallet.When he mailed them to direct the amount to his credit card(which he used to buy the TV) they stopped replying to his mails.Now he has 40k in his wallet and nothing to buy on flipkart.

This might not happen to you but I feel its better to buy from some reputed showroom like Modern World,E-zone,etc.

A word of advice...better to avoid buying expensive stuff on flipkart.Friend of mine bought a flat screen for around 40k:warranty was not in the box and the piece was defective.

Took a month for them to resolve it(replacement not in stock) and finally they refunded him by placing the amount in his account wallet.When he mailed them to direct the amount to his credit card(which he used to buy the TV) they stopped replying to his mails.Now he has 40k in his wallet and nothing to buy on flipkart.

This might not happen to you but I feel its better to buy from some reputed showroom like Modern World,E-zone,etc.

there has been a spate of complaints regarding the service front of flipkart ever since they took over letsbuy and myntra. not sticking the blame on either of them, but just pointing towards the period in time.

I don't know a whole lot about Cd players (more of a vinyl guy), but my parents got a mini bose system - cd player with in built speakers and remote and they LOVE it. Very simple to use and enough sound to fill up a large room. I can find out the model number if you're interested. Should fit within your budget as well.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back