A Good "Will play all" kind of media player for my 4K TV +5.1 HT

I got mine too , little late though.

I updated to 1.0.7 recently and fiddling with the settings.

What is your TV , is it 4k ?do pm me your ph.no so that we can discuss about himedia

Naveen congratts, please do contribute and take a part in testing of your Q10 player and share results on this thread that I created, to collate all HTPC/Media Players users under one roof.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...hare-your-htpc-s-media-player-horsepower.html

By where do I get..... I presume you mean where do I download BRRips with HD Audio..:), the ans is simple ....I dont .....:D. All of my BR Rips that have HD Audio are of my own,(ripped via my disk) or may be one or two that I specifically downloaded for testing my HTPC, I think transformers 1 that I have is MKV with HD Audio. Rest all mostly DTS or DD (AC3) ... :)
My HomeTheater does not have a gear elite enough to produce a different in dound huge enough that I am urged to download rips with HD Audio, which are minimum 10GB size ... :). I am as of now pretty satisfied how my HT performs with DTS 5.1 audio .. :). But my HTPC sure does have the capability, so tomorrow if for some magical reasons FUP is removed, with same 50mbps connection, by all means I will start downloading HD AUdio rips as well. (Provided ofcourse you do find then on the internet.. :))

Ah, K
As far as movies go, I do buy most - I hate going to Multiplexes and thanks to Amazon, BR disks are priced almost at par with a movie outing for two.
I play BRs off a PS4 so no compatibility issues - The audio is a STP to the AVR so all good there!

TV series are another story (mostly not available) and that is what I end up DLing - I have 175GB FUP so not overtly concerned about size but its hard to find anything beyond 1080p AC3/DTS

But yes, the android players do offer immense convenience and hassle free playback- windows on NUC is a constant PITA and I would have switched to linux in a blink except for a very particular dependency on app I need to use

Naveen congratts, please do contribute and take a part in testing of your Q10 player and share results on this thread that I created, to collate all HTPC/Media Players users under one roof.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...hare-your-htpc-s-media-player-horsepower.html

Will do but results are already here

[Bitrates] Jellyfish clips up to 300Mbps = no sweat, perfect playback, whether H.264 or HEVC
(This is a huge improvement over previous-gen Q5/Q10 4K3D. Makes Q5/Q10 Pro more than capable for any high bitrate videos as no existing or upcoming 4K's are expected to exceed 128Mbps)

HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)

Will download one soon and post results.

Ah, K
As far as movies go, I do buy most - I hate going to Multiplexes and thanks to Amazon, BR disks are priced almost at par with a movie outing for two.
I play BRs off a PS4 so no compatibility issues - The audio is a STP to the AVR so all good there!

TV series are another story (mostly not available) and that is what I end up DLing - I have 175GB FUP so not overtly concerned about size but its hard to find anything beyond 1080p AC3/DTS

But yes, the android players do offer immense convenience and hassle free playback- windows on NUC is a constant PITA and I would have switched to linux in a blink except for a very particular dependency on app I need to use

My FUP is 150GB, but movies/TV series ain't the only thing I download you see. Games, application, VM stuff, and truck load of all other experimental crap I keep downloading, hence FUP is a concern. Purchasing a movie is no biggie, availability is the main issue. Plus replayability matters a lot to me. Movies I know I am gonna watch over n over again are a must purchase for me.

Will do but results are already here

HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)

"
[Bitrates] Jellyfish clips up to 300Mbps = no sweat, perfect playback, whether H.264 or HEVC
(This is a huge improvement over previous-gen Q5/Q10 4K3D. Makes Q5/Q10 Pro more than capable for any high bitrate videos as no existing or upcoming 4K's are expected to exceed 128Mbps)"

Will download one soon and post results.

that's video bitrate only, when you add HD Audio as well, the over bitrate definitely will cross 160mbps for those 4K files. Thats the reason I have asked a FM in my other thread to try play "jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv" and report .....:)

Yes right guys, my AVR SR7005 does not support 4K nor 4K pass through. Hence I need to send 4K video through HDMI directly to my 4K TV.

Optical/ coaxial (even ARC) will not support HD audio - Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD Master Audio. So need another HDMI port from media player for audio.

I think most of the UHD Blu-ray players will have 2 HDMI ports for this purpose.

Yes optical audio is limited to DTS and DD. No HD Audio. Also I hardly doubt any current gen media player has 2 HDMI out. Not even the mighty Q10 Pro. There was one from Himedia HD900C that came with 2 HDMI, but thats an old hardware and no more in production. Few Oppo BD Playes have 2 HDMI, but they have their other limitations like not able to play ISO.

Also I dont think a simple HDMI splitter, will do the job, an HDMI MATRIX switch might be a better option. Something like below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-HDMI...2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335087077&ref_=sr_1_21&sr=8-21

I have a tested solution for this. You need a HDMI 2.0 splitter like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HDM...tribution-Amplifier-1080p-3d/32670622135.html This has to be used in combination with a Scaler: https://www.hdfury.com/shop/videoprocessors/linker-4k60-444-600mhz/

So Media Player>HDMI Splitter(1x2)
...Splitter output 1>TV(4K Video)
...Splitter output 2>Scaler(downscale to 1080p)>AVR (HD Audio)

So AVR with HDMI 1.4 can now be "upgraded" to handle HD Audio from a 4K source.

Cheers!

I have a tested solution for this. You need a HDMI 2.0 splitter like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HDM...tribution-Amplifier-1080p-3d/32670622135.html This has to be used in combination with a Scaler: https://www.hdfury.com/shop/videoprocessors/linker-4k60-444-600mhz/

So Media Player>HDMI Splitter(1x2)
...Splitter output 1>TV(4K Video)
...Splitter output 2>Scaler(downscale to 1080p)>AVR (HD Audio)

So AVR with HDMI 1.4 can now be "upgraded" to handle HD Audio from a 4K source.

Cheers!
The hardware is interesting, but how will you handle the lag, if one stream leads or lags the other?

The hardware is interesting, but how will you handle the lag, if one stream leads or lags the other?

There's absolutely none! Probably because the Scaler is a good quality hardware. The Splitter anyway just splits without any processing.

There's absolutely none! Probably because the Scaler is a good quality hardware. The Splitter anyway just splits without any processing.
That's really great. :) You've found good hardware, I guess.

That's really great. :) You've found good hardware, I guess.

Yes, I use it with Himedia Q10 Pro. It upscales Blu-rays quite well. Have set the player to output YCbCr 4:4:4 10 Bit and 4K@30. So it maybe 15-20% better than a 1080p BDP. And plays 4K videos flawlessly. So enjoying this setup!

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back