A moment of silence for 26/11

ajinkya

For all the heroes who laid down their lives and all the victims that fell on that fateful day. Let us hope India does not face something like this again and that we stand strong, united, and committed to eradicating terrorism from our land.
On a personal note, I hope Kasab, in the words of Major Unnikrishnan's father, "hangs from a lamp post". I also hope that Pakistan ceases to exist, the sooner the better.

I did not start this thread with the intention of it degenerating into a political or religious fight. The only goal was for everyone to remember, and never forget, which we tend to do as time goes by.

This is an Indian forum and this event has been one of the most horrific things to have happened to our sense of Indianness and security in recent times. Paying tribute to one's fellow countrymen and silently paying respect to their bravery and loss, I assume, is not against the rules of any forum, Indian or foreign.

Jai Hind.

I was reading the latest issue of India Today which had some movign interviews of people who had lost their dear ones to the 26/11 attack on our country. One gentleman Kevantilal Shah who had lost his son and daughter-in-law in the attacks had this to say "I have no ambitions left. I can only feel pity against the attackers for they have been brain-washed into doing something like this. My anger is against the master-minds"

Reading this and other stories I was deeply moved and felt how true this was. One cannot help but get angry at what we as a nation faced.

Like Jinx said, we tend to forget these things with time and move on. Not this time. We as a nation need to get our act together.
Come on India!! Don't Forget!! Don't Forgive!! JAI HIND!!!

ps: These are not exact words of Mr.Shah, just what I remember. But goes something like this.

Last edited:
I was reading the latest issue of India Today which had some movign interviews of people who had lost their dear ones to the 26/11 attack on our country. One gentleman Kevantilal Shah who had lost his son and daughter-in-law in the attacks had this to say "I have no ambitions left. I can only feel pity against the attackers for they have been brain-washed into doing something like this. My anger is against the master-minds"

Reading this and other stories I was deeply moved and felt how true this was. One cannot help but get angry at what we as a nation faced.

Like Jinx said, we tend to forget these things with time and move on. Not this time. We as a nation need to get our act together.
Come on India!! Don't Forget!! Don't Forgive!! JAI HIND!!!

ps: These are not exact words of Mr.Shah, just what I remember. But goes something like this.

For all the heroes who laid down their lives and all the victims that fell on that fateful day. Let us hope India does not face something like this again and that we stand strong, united, and committed to eradicating terrorism from our land.
On a personal note, I hope Kasab, in the words of Major Unnikrishnan's father, "hangs from a lamp post". I also hope that Pakistan ceases to exist, the sooner the better.

I did not start this thread with the intention of it degenerating into a political or religious fight. The only goal was for everyone to remember, and never forget, which we tend to do as time goes by.

This is an Indian forum and this event has been one of the most horrific things to have happened to our sense of Indianness and security in recent times. Paying tribute to one's fellow countrymen and silently paying respect to their bravery and loss, I assume, is not against the rules of any forum, Indian or foreign.

Jai Hind.

Hi,

Recently, last week, when I posted comments about "not trying to evade taxes, etc.", I had a member saying "this nation does not deserve anything and he asked me to get out of this country and settle somewhere if I wanted to be patriotic." That moment I felt like leaving this forum, but we have been living so far by "UNITY IN DIVERSITY" and so ignored their replies.

I LOVE YOU "AJINKYA AND SANTHOL" for starting this thread.

Yes, let us love the nation and those who live, work, fight and die for the NATION protecting IT from the evil.

HERE WE REMEMBER THE HEROES AND LEGENDS WHO PROCTECTED OUR NATION AND LIVING HEROES WHO ARE PROECTING IT.

JAI HIND!

Hi,
Recently, last week, when I posted comments about "not trying to evade taxes, etc.", I had a member saying "this nation does not deserve anything and he asked me to get out of this country and settle somewhere if I wanted to be patriotic." That moment I felt like leaving this forum, but we have been living so far by "UNITY IN DIVERSITY" and so ignored their replies.

I can understand your frustration and definitely the poster's frustration. I do not understand the internals of politics. But it is a glaring fact that Tax payer's money is being spent unwisely or pocketed by our corrupt politicians. Not paying taxes is not a solution though. Mistake lies elsewhere.

Also FYI, I was reading on another forum that in less than a year of Mumbai Attacks, the voter turnout for Mumbaikars was around 40%. Mistake lies somewhere here and the fact that we have a short memory. Sadly, we have a long way to go before we see dawn.

And without any doubt, our country definitely deserves to be a lot better. About settling in another country. One thing is for sure, you cannot feel patriotic about any another country. I can definitely feel a "sense of belonging", gratitude to another country where I have lived or earnt my bread. But not patriotism. Simply because patriotism is "love of and/or devotion to one's country". Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Anyways, this is a topic for another thread.

I LOVE YOU "AJINKYA AND SANTHOL" for starting this thread.

Yes, let us love the nation and those who live, work, fight and die for the NATION protecting IT from the evil.
Thanks Venky. Hats off to your spirit. Power and love to you and all!

HERE WE REMEMBER THE HEROES AND LEGENDS WHO PROCTECTED OUR NATION AND LIVING HEROES WHO ARE PROECTING IT.

JAI HIND!

Made me remember a song sung by Lata mangeshkar -

aye Mere Vatan Ke Logon
zara Aankh Mein Bhar Lo Paani
jo Shaheed Hue Hain Unki
zara Yaad Karo Qurbaani

Complete lyrics here: Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo lyrics - Lata Mangeshkar

JAI HIND!!

May God give strength to all those who have lost their loved ones.Let there be no 26/11 is all we can ask from HIM.

May God Protect INDIA from all such Terror Attacks.

Francis

Hi,

Thanks for your above posts! It is really encouraging. I definitely do not intend to argue that the other poster was wrong in his viewpoint. Actually, I work for a BPO and basically for other country's profits, when I brag so much about patriotismm and this is because of some hinderances I faced with my academics and career in the earlier part of my life.

Now, I am kind of settled and again I am back, now doing legal and quite determined that I will be involved in domestic business and do value addition to my country, but IT IS JUST ME!

Although it is true that Government is corrupt in its own ways, but we must understand it is again run by people like us. When we tend to get excuses by pointing our fingers towards others and encourage it indirectly, we are also corrupt and indirectly participate in it. So, let us at least try to do what we can, apparently small drops make an ocean. I know that it is possible and it will be with people like yours.

I just let myself out:)

It is really good to see people like you and appreciate your "citation" and thought!

Thanks,

Venkat

Well I doubt anyone in bombay will forget what happened and I for one can never forgive something like this. Every attack scars the psyche. I pity the pawns who carry out such murder as they are obviously brain washed. The masterminds / the handlers are the chief culprits who may never be brought to book.

But I differ a bit from some who have posted above as I feel one has to move on. Am not undermining the sacrifice of anyone just that if one wants some closure on that ugly incident one has to put it in one small compartment of the brain and get on with your life.
Rgds

:mad:People who buy grey goods and avoid govt duties and taxes , should not talk much about mourning the 26/11 brave soldiers and stop giving lectures about fighting terrorism.

:mad:People who buy grey goods and avoid govt duties and taxes , should not talk much about mourning the 26/11 brave soldiers and stop giving lectures about fighting terrorism.

Hats off sir ..... + trillion to you..... perhaps the bext quote I have heard in this forum outside the AV world. :clapping:

You guys sound like dealers/disties who have a grouse against people buying from grey market. :eek:hyeah:

Last year on same day we had terrible night.
We lost senior Police officers & young commando too.
Others who lost there lives.
We have yet to get Justice.
Wish ,no such attack in future across the country.

You guys sound like dealers/disties who have a grouse against people buying from grey market. :eek:hyeah:

What beats me is their total lack of understanding of the sentiment behind a "homage" thread like this:mad:.

ps: If you have nothing to say in lines with the sentiment of this thread, please don't say anything at all. Thats fine. If you have a problem with people buying from grey market, thats fine too. Please start a new thread and we'll discuss.

Hai,

I also wish to say that Dealers should also price the product fairly in comparision with Intl prices and not cite dollar or pound variation and not create an artificial demand and jack up the prices.

N.Murali

Hi,

I second Murali on this matter, but definitely I would not compromise and buy a product without paying tax.

But I humbly request all members to do the best to avoid being cynical, skeptical, sarcastic, if not abusive, towards other members. While I type this message, I have read my own message at least 50 times, so I also stick to this.

Cheers!

I can't believe an homage thread for 26/11 has turned into a debate on the ethics of tax avoidance/evasion.

Let's remember all the innocent people who died, learn the lessons from the incident, be a more active and participative citizenry, and move forward.

Hi all,
Firstly I think the above is a bit extreme to say the least!
I know this is not aimed at any particular individual (at least i hope not) but I still feel like a reply.
I have bought cell phones, colognes, shaving blades (yes that too), DVD players, Marantz CDPs from grey over the years. I have also got in components from abroad and the customs have not bothered to charge me any duty. I have also done the maximum I can to minimize my tax outflow. Does this mean I am any less patriotic than any of u? Does this mean I cannot feel as mutilated as any mumbaikar at what happened last year on this day?
Lets not stand on 'high moral ground' and accept realities of life.

I know the thread started by Ajinkya is more a call to remember this deadly attack on our society but some of the posts are a bit much.
Any way this is only my opinion and am sorry to disagree to some of the sentiments mentioned in here.
Rgds

Lets remember and respect not only who died on 26/11, but also soldiers and army people who die on our border every year. It hurts when media shows celebrity weddings whole day but doesn't have five minutes for soldiers who give ultimate sacrifies.

Seventeen policemen died on 26/11 and we dont even know names of policemen other than three to four. Last year some channel did showed for a brief period of time a policemen's (who died on 26/11) home in interiors of Maharashtra. The family was very poor had tin and asbestos sheets as a home. Shouldn't he be remembered atleast by name along with others ?

The face of terror: List of casualties

Lets remember and respect not only who died on 26/11, but also soldiers and army people who die on our border every year. It hurts when media shows celebrity weddings whole day but doesn't have five minutes for soldiers who give ultimate sacrifies.

Seventeen policemen died on 26/11 and we dont even know names of policemen other than three to four. Last year some channel did showed for a brief period of time a policemen's (who died on 26/11) home in interiors of Maharashtra. The family was very poor had tin and asbestos sheets as a home. Shouldn't he be remembered atleast by name along with others ?

The face of terror: List of casualties

Hi,

Yes, thatz really disturbing. Oh my God, that was a huge list of casualties. I urge everyone to just follow the link and view the list of casualties, that was huge.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back