A New PC for the Non-Gamer.

rana_kirti

Hi friends,

I'm looking to make myself a new PC. I've been using a 15" laptop with a Core 2 Duo for 3 years and it has served me well. The only reason to upgrade is because i would like a Bigger Screen probably 21-23" and also because i have to look down at the laptop screen which is inconvenient.

I don't game at all. I don't do any professional work like decoding/encoding etc. I also don't use any fancy software.

My uses are...

1. Web-surfing ( i keep upto 50 tabs open in Google Chrome )
2. Music being played via itunes.
3. Watching videos on you tube.
4. Other general stuff.

All the above will be happening simultaneously. Is that multi-tasking...?!?

I do have a few special requirements.

1. The PC has to be Super Quiet as it will be right besides my bed.
2. The new PC should be small and compact in size so i guess a Micro-ATX motherboard will be prefered.
3. I'd like USB 3.0
4. I'd like the Sound of the new PC to be superb as i'm going to do my music listening through this via USB DAC --> Stereo Amp --> Speakers
5. I'd like the PC to be very responsive to my commands and be fast with what i need it to do. More like i click and it happens and don't want to be waiting on it to do things. Come to think of it my current Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 Ghz in my laptop nevers makes me wait on things.
6. The Screen 21-23 inches should have glorious colors and be best in class. I'm a very visual person :)

I have not set a budget because i seriously don't know how much needs to be spent on the PC setup that i'm looking for. I would be willing to spend a justifiable amount of money on a PC if it can meet my above 6 requirements.

I'm looking forward to recommendations for "Components" for a new PC. I have no parts from before and will buy each and every part new.

Regards,

Rana

Last edited:
I presume u watch HiDef videos :)
how about a new sandy bridge with 2500 processor? You dont have to worry upgrading for a long long long time unless u start ripping movies and stuff.
2500K and a Z68 chipset motherboard something like ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO. No graphics card will be required either. Inbuilt graphics processing in the processor and mother support for it.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back