Adding Surround And CC

avink

I am planning to add surround and a center channel to my setup. currently i have a pair of wharf 9.2 powered by Denon1610. I am looking at Diamond 9.DFS for surround and 9.CS for CC. i dont want to add a sub currently as 9.2 provides enough bass for now. I have been quoted a price of 11k for CS and 11 k for dfs.

1.Is this price right?
2.Also wanted to seek feedback on this combination.

_Tnx

Though the speaker choices are good as a combination, I am doubtful whether the 1610 will be able to drive them beyond a certain level. The 1610 just does not have enough guts.

The pricing is correct, by the way.

Cheers

Though the speaker choices are good as a combination, I am doubtful whether the 1610 will be able to drive them beyond a certain level. The 1610 just does not have enough guts.
Cheers

In that case can someone please suggest some other speakers. I might not add center channel/sub for now. Just want to enable 'some' surround sound for now. I will be shifting out of my current rented place in a year or so. Will invest in better setup once I move into my own apartment :) . For now I just want to have some surround experience. Is there anything that I can pick in around 5k to 6k range for using as surround now. _Thanks!

Suggest stick to the Wharf CC. For surrounds, you may opt for 'easy to drive' speakers like the JBL Control One (89 db, 8 ohm, 4" driver), which can be easily wall-mounted with the attachments provided. Would cost you 7.5K max.

For surrounds, you may opt for 'easy to drive' speakers like the JBL Control One (89 db, 8 ohm, 4" driver), which can be easily wall-mounted with the attachments provided. Would cost you 7.5K max.

Thanks. Any idea where can I buy JBL control in NCR?

Just called up JBL delhi office. Price for control one is Rs 7500. There is a dealer in sec 18 Noida. Thinking of picking these up today itself.

7.5 K is the MRP.

So, the dealer 'can' provide you with a better price .... you would need to negotiate a bit .....

picked it for Rs.7300 from Top Gizmos Noida. Busy with my installation right now :)

After happily listening to my upgraded setup for a day, the AVR /Denon 1610 is shutting down itself on high volumes on more demanding scenes. E.g -The canon firing scene in Master and Commander. Based on what I am reading - I will be checking for loose wiring/wrong speaker connections tonight. But I was just wondering if 1610 is actually giving up because it cant drive the speakers. I was warned about its low power and hence went for 8ohm JBLs ..but just wondering if its even finding a pair of 9.2 + a pair of JBL Control too much to handle.(I haven't added a sub or a CC yet).

Thoughts?

Looks like the AVR needs better cooling/ forced cooling. Each speaker is on a different amplifier channel. the heat from the combined load need to be removed more easily from what it was before.
Is it not better to keep the ohm rating same for all the speakers?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back