Advice regarding purchase of home theater in range of 25K to 35K

aki47

Hi im a newbie here.i wanted advice which home theater system to buy. my budget is 25K to 35K.i have shortlisted a few after going through this forum posts
1.Onkyo S3400
2.Denon 1312xp
3.Yamaha YHT 296
I need help to decide which one is better ,the pros and cons and what will be its cost in mumbai.ill be using it with a 3d sony led tv. my room is around 400 Sq ft. (living room).
I was keen on denon 1312 but read a post saying its has some problems and that profx has discontinued it.i would be highly thankful if ull help me in this regard.
Or is good to buy separate avr and speaker package ,how much would it cos and which brand and models to buy.
Also can some one from mumbai suggest a good dealer in mumbai suburbs who is reliable ad offers honest pricing.
thank you!

I don't think you can get any opinion on Denon and Yamaha HTIB packages here, as there aren't anyone using them. There are quite a few satisfied users of Onkyo S3400 in this forum and you can check their reviews/comments in this thread.

I just recently bought Denon 1311 AVR (Rs 18,000) and JBL Cinema 300 speakers (Rs 19,700 Including installation).

Havent got the setup ready yet so cant comment on the performance but I am hoping that it would be very good.

thank you fro the advice.i called up boomerang he said he just keeps yamaha receivers.about the denon he said he will give it for 30k..on the phone so he might go lower.where can i find the yamaha 296..ne idea about the cost?
also which of the three would be reliable i long run onkyo, denon or yamaha? plz help me out.
does any 1 know some good dealers in mumbai suburbs.
also for speaker cabling which wires to buy..ill need around 15 ft. are mx cables good?

thanks

Hi im a newbie here.i wanted advice which home theater system to buy. my budget is 25K to 35K.i have shortlisted a few after going through this forum posts
1.Onkyo S3400
2.Denon 1312xp
3.Yamaha YHT 296
I need help to decide which one is better ,the pros and cons and what will be its cost in mumbai.ill be using it with a 3d sony led tv. my room is around 400 Sq ft. (living room).
I was keen on denon 1312 but read a post saying its has some problems and that profx has discontinued it.i would be highly thankful if ull help me in this regard.
Or is good to buy separate avr and speaker package ,how much would it cos and which brand and models to buy.
Also can some one from mumbai suggest a good dealer in mumbai suburbs who is reliable ad offers honest pricing.
thank you![/QUO

Choice 1 : Denon 1312XP (active subwoofer)
Choice 2: Onkyo HTS 3400 (passtive subwoofer)

suggest you to demo both and then decide but I would go with denon!!!

Instead of Yamaha YHT 296 you can also look at the higher versions the Yamaha YHT 395 BL which costs around 25k and the Yamaha YHT 595 BL which costs around 31k in Mumbai.

Cheers!

thanks for your replies..i would like to know where in mumbai will i be able to buy the above mentioned yamaha yht 395 bl and yht 595 bl hitb.. can u list the name of the dealer?in mumbai.
Also what type of speaker cables to buy.i was thinking i might buy them from lamington road.
plz advise

hi,

My preferred choice is ONKYO ,the HTS3400 though a passive woofer it has better performance over the YAMAHA YHT294, the later sound cracks at a higer volume (say at 75% or more)..

If you are still looking for a powered sub go in for a denon .
alternatively there is a option of TXNR309 with say SKSHT648 (new pkg ) should get the same under 40k

I have bought Denon 1312 + Tower speaker package from ProFX for 41K, and quite comfortable with the performance especially for music.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back