Advice requested

jprakash

Hello,

This is my first Thread. Pls. find below my HT set up.
DENON 3808
Centre Polk audio Csi4
Front L & R is Whaferdale 9.5
Sub Defintive Technology Prosub 1000
Surround speakers Yamaha satellite
Sony DVD player low end , can't remember
Plasma 42 inches Panosonic

My concern is I am not getting the full HT effect. Music is dull. My car sterio sounds better than this set up. I kept Audessy seettings on and calibrated automatically. I can enjoy the music only when I play FLAC format music( USB in AVR)

I live in Dubai and could you please advise whether I make any mistake in setting up the HT. I saw ONKYO 875 is very bright

Suggestions.. pls.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 125
Please read the AVR manual carefully.

Usually when coming from a factory, AVR are set to be as near flat frequency as. Room corrections system such as Audyssey would tinker this even more. These settings may not sound nice to us all the time.

Fortunately most modern AVRs give you the option to change these settings. Go into audio settings and set the equalization for each speaker. You can set this for roughly eight bands of frequencies. Depending upon how you set it, each band would be set at a particular attenuation or boost. Play around with this for some time, till you get the curve that you like across the 8 bands.

Cheers

I suggest start out by connecting and testing to make sure the sound is right.

L/R - Play AVR in stereo and Dolby Digital mode
L/R/C - Play AVR in stereo and Dolby Digital mode
Add surrounds

At each step you may want to adjust the channel levels to make sure you get the desired volume.

Note that its OK for Dolby Digital to sound less louder than Stereo mode.

Thats hell lot of equipment...
i hav wharfs 9.5 and found them adequate even with a starter yamaha amp but am not using them.
Ur concers are : not getting full ht effect, music dull

these are two different things ... first is 5.1 surround and second 2ch stereo.

I would suggest segregating ur components.

First play only a 2 ch setup with ur avr and front speakers.
Remove all audeyssey settings and custom adjust if needed.

Source is very very weak. even a media player, low budget CDP, or even a branded univ DVDP like oppo will do.

jprakash, Have you ever tried changing the speaker placements? Try giving them a little more room.
Your avr can play flac through its Usb? Thats cool. Try to borrow some other dvd player and see if there's a change. Also what interconnects are you using?

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions. DVD player I use is Sony Model DVP -NS728HP. I know it's low end. Interconect is co axial. MY room size is 20x20 feet. I know it's a mix of components. As I upgraded earlier set up ie
Yamaha RXV 440 and Jamo C series center speaker

I will try all the suggestions

Bye for now

jprakash, Have you ever tried changing the speaker placements? Try giving them a little more room.
Your avr can play flac through its Usb? Thats cool. Try to borrow some other dvd player and see if there's a change. Also what interconnects are you using?

Thanks

As you said I will try with other DVD player.

Bye for now

Please read the AVR manual carefully.

Usually when coming from a factory, AVR are set to be as near flat frequency as. Room corrections system such as Audyssey would tinker this even more. These settings may not sound nice to us all the time.

Fortunately most modern AVRs give you the option to change these settings. Go into audio settings and set the equalization for each speaker. You can set this for roughly eight bands of frequencies. Depending upon how you set it, each band would be set at a particular attenuation or boost. Play around with this for some time, till you get the curve that you like across the 8 bands.

Cheers

Hi Venkat

In fact I immeditely quick replied, but it does not show on the screen. Anyways thanks for your reply. I will try the suggestions mentioned.

Bye for now

Damn those are a lot of various brand components, are you sure youve set the avr properly to match each accordingly and dolby music mode configuration?

Hi,

Thanks. Could you elaborate more on Dolby music mode settings as which settings to look into. In my AVR I could select just Dolby music mode only

Bye for now

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back