Allo digione signature

Any Suggestions for Good DAC.?. was considering Musical Fidelity Mx DAC which is around 1000 SGD, but limited reviews on the net.

My current source is CD 6004 Marantz. Any idea if CXN sounds better or MF Mx DAC would be an upgrade. Still confused about DAC + RPI (cheaper plus perhaps better sound) vs. convenience of a network streamer like CXN assuming CXN sounds good.

For DAC + RPI - RPI/ Volumino costs around 5500 plus casing cost.. Do we need to get power cords separately. Saw discussions around linear , non linear power source and also that power cord makes a difference.. ?

Secondly if I take the DAC plus RPI route -- how user friendly for people in my family to play it after it is initially set up.?

Secondly if I take the DAC plus RPI route -- how user friendly for people in my family to play it after it is initially set up.?

If there are elders or mobile illiterate folks it may be difficult with RPI but otherwise it's straight forward. But in my mind would mobile unfriendly folks listen to streaming music? Maximum web radio

@firearm12 @rikhav

Is Roon available for Volumio ? I can see tidal and Qobuz pre-integrated, but not other streaming media like Roon or Spotify. Any idea how to get one ?

Also while playing tracks (not from playlist) , the Volumio skips the first 2-3 seconds almost always ! Any idea why this is happening ?

PS: This used to happen when i played via USB from my Sony BD player (S1500) ; However this never happened when i was playing roon off laptop.
Is it something to do with DAC or the player ?

No, volumio will never have roon integration as volumio is for free and roon charges money for it's integration
About tracks skipping ,have never faced that issue
Let me check for it online and get back to you

Since you said it happened with your BD player can it be due to the way your dac locks to the source ?

@firearm12 @rikhav

Is Roon available for Volumio ? I can see tidal and Qobuz pre-integrated, but not other streaming media like Roon or Spotify. Any idea how to get one ?

Also while playing tracks (not from playlist) , the Volumio skips the first 2-3 seconds almost always ! Any idea why this is happening ?

PS: This used to happen when i played via USB from my Sony BD player (S1500) ; However this never happened when i was playing roon off laptop.

Spotify is there though (you need to install a Volumio plugin) but only premium Spotify accounts work.

@firearm12 @rikhav

Roon bridge can be installed in some way but you need roon server in the house, not free. I have noticed tracks skipping first couple of seconds but doesnt happen during continous playback or track change. It happens because the device internally kind of switches off when playback stopped and takes time to turn on when signal is there.

i recently purchased raspberry pi model 3b and installed shairport-sync on it. mainly to play ipad using airplay.

surprisingly i found it good via headphone. so far the best headphone jack i would say. many might straight away reject saying headphone jack is not the way to go.

but somehow i felt the sound was sweet and extremely musical. it might not have bells and whistles, and we may find that it has less of all good attributes we normally search for. but still it sounds musical and i don't feel i m missing anything. it is engaging to listen to. and PRAT.... excellent... how it cannot be? sound is coming straight from the on board chip. there is no mediator for any processing. i found this to simplify my chain. 2 spdif optical cables reduced, one dac reduced, one spdif reclocker reduced, one battery power reduced and one apple transport also reduced. for the first time it made me believe that simpler your chain, more musical you eventually find it. it makes you enjoy music rather than analysing it.

is there though (you need to install a Volumio plugin) but only premium Spotify accounts work

volumio is for free and roon charges money for it's integration

Volumio free allows only Spotify support. But in order to get tidal and quobuz one has to purchase a paid version of volumio (MyVolumio) which enables these options. Monthly charge is 2.99 euros. I got initial 3 months free to try. Please note that Tidal streaming is limited to 24/88 only through volumio, although majority albums are 24/44.1 yet the ones in higher resolution including the much advertised MQA is downsampled to 24/88.

I was not aware about a paid version of volumio and it provides something extra over the free version.

Thanks for the pointer @haisaikat

Volumio free allows only Spotify support. But in order to get tidal and quobuz one has to purchase a paid version of volumio (MyVolumio) which enables these options. Monthly charge is 2.99 euros. I got initial 3 months free to try. Please note that Tidal streaming is limited to 24/88 only through volumio, although majority albums are 24/44.1 yet the ones in higher resolution including the much advertised MQA is downsampled to 24/88.

Does Tidal or Qobuzz work in India ? I tried to first install the app on the phone and it said 'not applicable to your country'

Does Tidal or Qobuzz work in India ? I tried to first install the app on the phone and it said 'not applicable to your country'
tidal does, you have to download the apk separately from 3rd party sites and install on the phone, subsequent updates must be manual. Even for registering for the 30 day trial on their website use vpn once. Thereafter for account management or running the app with the created credentials no von required, works normally.

I read from a FM before on HFV that Tidal turkey accessed via turkish VPN is cheapest.

You can use bubbleupnp android app to stream to volumio for tidal and qobuz, with a little sound quality degrade.

You can use bubbleupnp android app to stream to volumio for tidal and qobuz, with a little sound quality degrade.

I know, before the tidal native integration support, this was the way to go with several open source plugins for volumio. But it think this is limited to 44.1 khz only, although I am not 100% sure.

For full support of MQA probably windows app of Tidal is the best option at this point. But then again you have to optimise windows in 101 ways and will still be left with another 101 more ways to implement. So I decided volumio and RPI option to be the middle path.

Hi Guys,
I just want to ask you about Digi one signature, i thought of buy one, when i saw at my friends place and it seems to be software issues in volumio, every time changing the source or down sampling it get reloading and its not constant.

Hi Guys,
I just want to ask you about Digi one signature, i thought of buy one, when i saw at my friends place and it seems to be software issues in volumio, every time changing the source or down sampling it get reloading and its not constant.
changing source or down sampling??? Can you explain in detail

Hi
Trying to connect 20bit Dac, and some of the songs were 24bit, we are trying to down sample from Volumio and the application gets restarted while applying the down sample due to this we found some time connectivity issues also when we trying to control through mobile,

Hi
Trying to connect 20bit Dac, and some of the songs were 24bit, we are trying to down sample from Volumio and the application gets restarted while applying the down sample due to this we found some time connectivity issues also when we trying to control through mobile,
I use KODI for media play back, in KODI you can permanently set a sampling rate that is supported by your DAC so you don't need to change it often.
I would refrain from downsampling or upsampling but in cases where the DAC does not support it there is no other option.
In Volumio i am not sure how this works, I can play 24bit content by downsampling in KODI without any reboots or media issues as well.
The library does not need to be built and does not get corrupt easily, you just navigate through the folder path.
I do also have the TIDAL add-on installed in KODI as well.

The only downside is the need to use a display opposed to Volumio, which is headless.

For owners of digione sig and shanti psu, how are you powering the clean side. Are you using 3a output for ditry side and 1a for clean side. Yesterday i used four eneloop AA batteries to power clean side, i think it was better than with 1A output from shanti psu. Bass was stronger and clarity wad better in general. what you guys are using in your setup?

For owners of digione sig and shanti psu, how are you powering the clean side. Are you using 3a output for ditry side and 1a for clean side. Yesterday i used four eneloop AA batteries to power clean side, i think it was better than with 1A output from shanti psu. Bass was stronger and clarity wad better in general. what you guys are using in your setup?
The big problem with both Digione Sig and the USB Sig is the pathetic mobile phone USB-C power pin. It would have been better if they had given a more solid power connectivity.
I am looking for a way to hack the board to wire the input to better connectors.

Regarding digione with Shanthi, the 3 amp output should power the RPI board and the 1 amp the digione board (marked as clean).
If you wire the other way, it will lack in current capability, in my case it does not even boot if wired the other way.

Yes...battery sounds better, but you will have to keep it charged minimum above 50% all the time depending on the its amperage. After that the performance begins to drop and becomes very evident from around 35-40%.

The big problem with both Digione Sig and the USB Sig is the pathetic mobile phone USB-C power pin. It would have been better if they had given a more solid power connectivity.
I am looking for a way to hack the board to wire the input to better connectors.

I was just thinking the same just now.

Regarding digione with Shanthi, the 3 amp output should power the RPI board and the 1 amp the digione board (marked as clean).
If you wire the other way, it will lack in current capability, in my case it does not even boot if wired the other way.

I have tried both ways, bass is generally better if 3A is plugged into clean side in my case but clarity suffers.

Yes...battery sounds better, but you will have to keep it charged minimum above 50% all the time depending on the its amperage. After that the performance begins to drop and becomes very evident from around 35-40%.

Thats a pain again to keep the batteries recharged but good to know it sounds better to others also. thanks

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back