Allo USBRIDGE SIGNATURE Player - Owners Thread

Volumio Version: 2.853
Hardware: Allo USBridge Signature Player
DAC: Topping E30

I just got Allo USBridge Signature Player running the latest version of Volumio. Connected my Topping E30 DAC to USBridge Player on the ‘Clean USB’ port.
While setting up the Volumio OS, the Output Device drop down menu only offers HDMI Out and Headphones. There’s no option to choose a USB Device.
Topping E30 when connected to my iMac is instantly recognised by the macOS. So the DAC is working properly for sure.
I’ve checked all the connections and they’re fine. Reinstalled Volumio twice. Even tried with Moode OS. But the same issue. No USB device listed in the drop down for Output Device.
Spent entire afternoon trying to get Volumio recognise the DAC.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 197A36C2-DFE1-40BA-BCA7-ACA5FE55B686.jpeg
    197A36C2-DFE1-40BA-BCA7-ACA5FE55B686.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 35
Is the usbridge board getting power?
Did you check that?

Were you using any other usb dac with the usbridge signature before and ir worked fine ?

Is the usbridge board getting power?
Did you check that?

Were you using any other usb dac with the usbridge signature before and ir worked fine ?
Yeah, USBridge board is getting power.
I got this player from a FM who was using this with Chord Mojo earlier.

Hope i have connected to the correct USB port as USbridge has multiple
As I mentioned I my post, I connected my DAC to “Clean” USB port at the back.
After spending the whole day fiddling with it; getting frustrated, just for the heck of it, I even connected the DAC to the front USB ports for WiFi/BT adapters. But of course, nothing has worked till now.

As I mentioned I my post, I connected my DAC to “Clean” USB port at the back.
After spending the whole day fiddling with it; getting frustrated, just for the heck of it, I even connected the DAC to the front USB ports for WiFi/BT adapters. But of course, nothing has worked till now.

Try removing the usbridge hat board and installing it again. Check if it's properly aligned
Also ask the old owner if he changed any jumper settings. Maybe he was powering it differently from the way you are doing it.
I am assuming it's same for the signature version too that you can either power both the boards separately or by one power source

Try removing the usbridge hat board and installing it again. Check if it's properly aligned
Also ask the old owner if he changed any jumper settings. Maybe he was powering it differently from the way you are doing it.
I am assuming it's same for the signature version too that you can either power both the boards separately or by one power source
While refitting the board, check if all the pins are secure, often they can break if fitted incorrectly or with unnecessary force

Thanks, will check on this today.

I just got Allo USBridge Signature Player running the latest version of Volumio. Connected my Topping E30 DAC to USBridge Player on the ‘Clean USB’ port.
While setting up the Volumio OS, the Output Device drop down menu only offers HDMI Out and Headphones. There’s no option to choose a USB Device.
Topping E30 when connected to my iMac is instantly recognised by the macOS. So the DAC is working properly for sure.
I’ve checked all the connections and they’re fine. Reinstalled Volumio twice. Even tried with Moode OS. But the same issue. No USB device listed in the drop down for Output Device.

Thank you!
UPDATE:

Connected the DAC to the front ‘WiFi/BT’ USB port and Volumio recognised my DAC and able to play music.

But when I connect the DAC where I’m supposed to i.e. the rear ‘Clean USB’ port, Volumio can’t recognise my DAC.

So I opened the USBridge. There are no HATs. There’s a main USBridge board on which RPi Compute Module 3+ is mounted.
There is an option and hence pins to connect the HAT boards such as Digione Signature but I don’t have it. Please check the image attached. The red arrow points to the Clean USB port.

Is there a way to check if the Clean USB port at the rear is receiving power? Is it possible that my USBridge player has a faulty USB port? How do I solve this issue?

Attachments

• 2489AC12-B6BB-4C02-9BEF-D72D35009A80.jpeg
    2489AC12-B6BB-4C02-9BEF-D72D35009A80.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 46
Asked the previous owner, he hadn’t opened the USBridge. He even checked it before sending it to me.

Do you have any other DAC to try with?
I used to have similar issues sometimes, when connecting topping d10 to rpi.

Nope, I only have Topping E30.

@amit11 how did you solve this issue?
Out of 10 times, it would connect one time.
example sometimes i had to unplug the dac, keep it alone without connecting anything for 10-15 minutes, and then it would work. sometimes even that used to fail. Reason still unknown.

New USBridge owner, been on my radar for at least 6 months, pulled the trigger last week, happy user

Got a USBridge and Shanti power supply yesterday. Hooked it up to my BiFrost > Loki Mini > Bellari Sonic Exciter > Lyr 3 in a matter of minutes. Great sound, certainly better than streaming from a new Dell Windows 10 desktop via one of the USB 3 ports,

Today while working I was using an Elements external drive with flac via the front USB port. Worked great. My music is spread across 5 4 TB elements (this is my third copy of data and my 'off-site' copy) so I really was not looking forward to having to switch out every time I wanted to listen to something that was another disc, swap disc, wait for minutes to rescan, etc;

My first and second copy of data is spread across 4 8 TB Externals and I plan to buy a NAS soon. While poking around Volumio today I discovered the Volusonic plugin. (I bought Subsonic premium in 2010 for 27.00, it is now $1 a month for new users). Installed Volusonic in minutes and now I have access to my entire collection without having to swap out drives on the front. I can delay buying a NAS and perhaps upgrade to a BiFrost 2 first

New USBridge owner, been on my radar for at least 6 months, pulled the trigger last week, happy user

Got a USBridge and Shanti power supply yesterday. Hooked it up to my BiFrost > Loki Mini > Bellari Sonic Exciter > Lyr 3 in a matter of minutes. Great sound, certainly better than streaming from a new Dell Windows 10 desktop via one of the USB 3 ports,

Today while working I was using an Elements external drive with flac via the front USB port. Worked great. My music is spread across 5 4 TB elements (this is my third copy of data and my 'off-site' copy) so I really was not looking forward to having to switch out every time I wanted to listen to something that was another disc, swap disc, wait for minutes to rescan, etc;

My first and second copy of data is spread across 4 8 TB Externals and I plan to buy a NAS soon. While poking around Volumio today I discovered the Volusonic plugin. (I bought Subsonic premium in 2010 for 27.00, it is now $1 a month for new users). Installed Volusonic in minutes and now I have access to my entire collection without having to swap out drives on the front. I can delay buying a NAS and perhaps upgrade to a BiFrost 2 first
Just wanted to know why did you chose Volumino over Moode? Which DAV you are feeding? Could you stream Spotify, Tidal and Amazon prime to this?

Just wanted to know why did you chose Volumino over Moode? Which DAV you are feeding? Could you stream Spotify, Tidal and Amazon prime to this?
No particular reason, I don't use any streaming service at the moment and do not have any plans to in the future. I tend to listen to mostly live music that has been recorded

Thank you!
Luckily the USBridge Sig Player was in warranty and the FM who sold this to me was super nice to get it fixed through Allo. They fixed (maybe replaced, I don’t know) the USBridge board in the player and now it is working!
So it is not a compatibility issue for sure!
I’m loving how the sound signature has changed, rediscovering my favourite music these days!

Discovered last night that that FooBar component - UPnP MediaRenderer Output - recognizes the USBridge and I can now control playback from FooBar on my desktop instead of using the Volumio interface

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back