alternate to Bose size speakers

agodhwani

Hi
I am not a audiophile, but enjoy english/hindi music and that too loud and clear. I am using the basic of all Logitech Z5500 since 6 yrs. The speakers have given up due to high bass I guess. Either looking to upgrade just the speakers or adding AVR and some good speakers. The budget is not an Issue (upto 2lac) but Bose as always said is not VFM. Would like ppl to recommend a system or places around suburbs in Mumbai. I would prefer small cubic speakers or something slighly bigger but no way large or with stand ones due to space restrictions.

Should I buy bose speakers and attach an AVR? Kindly guide me through this.

Thankyou
Atul

Hi
I am not a audiophile, but enjoy english/hindi music and that too loud and clear. I am using the basic of all Logitech Z5500 since 6 yrs. The speakers have given up due to high bass I guess. Either looking to upgrade just the speakers or adding AVR and some good speakers. The budget is not an Issue (upto 2lac) but Bose as always said is not VFM. Would like ppl to recommend a system or places around suburbs in Mumbai. I would prefer small cubic speakers or something slighly bigger but no way large or with stand ones due to space restrictions.

Should I buy bose speakers and attach an AVR? Kindly guide me through this.

Thankyou
Atul

Try Lithos acoustics wall mountable system with woofer. Their higher end product should fit into your budget.

--G0bble

You can also go for an Onkyo AVR and KEF eggs, if you would like a dash of style while chilling in the bliss of good sound. Something like KEF KHT-2000.

Hi
Thanks for all your suggestions, shall finalise telome.
But just one more question, I read about polk fxia6 speakers. Though they are slightly bigger are they any better than telome?

So what would you suggest using bose speakers and a good avr?
I m open to all options.

Personally i have no issue with bose but they aint value for money.
Since you have a big budget, try kef or Mirage (heard these and suggesting in reference to small speakers).

If slightly bigger speakers will do and by this i literally mean no cubes, try the kef kht 2000/3000 series or the definitive Pro cinema series.

I would personally pick the definitive eyes closed... agrrr, right now budget doesn't permit it.

i have a pinnacle quantum subsonic speaker set. highly reviewed speaker system. pls check the for sale adverts.

you could also consider the jbl control now.

stay away from BOSE, they are extremely overpriced. There are many better options available. There is enough discussed on BOSE on other threads. Please go through them and make a wise decision.

Mate, me and my cousin once bought an original BOSE music system from Chor Market in Mumbai for somewhere around 5k. We checked the system for a long time and were finally convinced it was the real deal.

Admittedly, not everyone has the same fortune and the shopkeeper was not too smart about the brand but she says its the best 5k she's ever spent. Try taking a round in that area, you never know what you're in store for.

My point being, if you can somehow get a good bargain on Bose speakers, go for it.

Why don't you give a thought to the Genelec active speakers available from hifimart Active Speakers

They are larger, but you don't need a separate amp and these are said to be very good. you can add a sub too at your budget. I have read on the forum that Genelec has a showroom in Mumbai if you want to audition.

Kef is the way to go. There 5.1 system is worth listening. Other option in the Anthony gallo nucleus series.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...=X&tbo=d&channel=new&sky=mrdr&tbm=isch&itbs=1

94|05098e|3d8c_7777-kefKHT20053img1.jpg

Last edited:
stay away from BOSE...........there are loads of better options available, high time we create awareness!!!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back