Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote launched in India

As Gopichand told in previous post fire tv has few extras than fire stick. so You can actually buy fire stick and add this OTG cable and use it as fire tv.. :)

Rather, I can buy the 'Fire TV' itself as it is just $10 more than 'Fire Stick'.
I should have rather asked, are there any advantages with 'Fire Stick' over 'Fire TV', apart from being easily portable?

Rather, I can buy the 'Fire TV' itself as it is just $10 more than 'Fire Stick'.
I should have rather asked, are there any advantages with 'Fire Stick' over 'Fire TV', apart from being easily portable?
Yes but check if it’s fire tv 3 or not else no point. Fire tv 3 supports 4K.

I just went ahead and bought FireStick. Installed Hotstar and Youtube. So far enjoying the experience..

Also, would like to know is VPN must to install Kodi on FireStick?
Please advise!

Facing this issue:
Screensaver has got disabled on my Fire stick. The stick directly goes into sleep mode after the predefined period of inactivity. The system now does not allow to enter the screensaver menu in settings.
For the first few days when i bought it, it was working fine.
Any advise how to enable it?

Facing this issue:
Screensaver has got disabled on my Fire stick. The stick directly goes into sleep mode after the predefined period of inactivity. The system now does not allow to enter the screensaver menu in settings.
For the first few days when i bought it, it was working fine.
Any advise how to enable it?

Don't bother guys. I did a factory reset and now it is working fine.

I am using a local internet service provider. I can't watch all the movies, but few are working fine. Called amazon customer care. They responded that my ip is showing unknown region from USA. That's reason. When I trace my ip through iplookup website, I can't find any details of Country, state or city details. Can anyone help me to guide, if i can do anything from my end for this or only the ISP can fix it.

Please Note ; I am not talking about 5505 error, as I have fixed it already on the first day of usage. For few days all the movies were playing with no issues, but now issues with most of the movies

Very unfortunate.

"Starting on 1/1/2018, Youtube will not be available on this (fire stick) device. You can continue to enjoy your favourite creators and videos in many other ways"

http://fortune.com/2017/12/05/google-amazon-youtube/
Good news...Just found that Fire stick shows up as a "cast to" device directly from the youtube app on mobile and I am able to cast the videos to my fire stick.

is 4K stick really needed ? With nearly 0 content to stream except for a few Amazon originals ? Not to mention no Dolby Atmos contents except Jack Ryan !!!

remote with a mic!! No thanx, I value my privacy, wont touch it with a ten foot pole even if it was free. Give them money and give them my data too!!

I remember we used to hate microsoft in the 90s for their policies. The current day google, facebook, amazon etc makes microsoft look like a freakin' saint.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back