Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote launched in India

Just received my Fire Stick few days back..Amazing experience..
Even I have installed Kodi Supreme build on it and I am loving it.. :)
Works flawlessly on my 10Mbps connection..

I got 3 fire 7 inchers for around 70 dollars and 3 fire 8inchers for around 110 dollars as part of Prime US Sale as i got relatives travelling. Not really sure if any of the amazon stuff will work here. Any ideas? Am an India Prime member...will the India one atleast work on these? if nothing else, will hack it to install google play store and make it a normal table...

Also got a echo dot for around 35 dollars - in touch with Sammy (Sam9s) on how to do home automation on the cheap. Any ideas if the dot when connected to my pioneer 1020K AVR will work as advertized? if so, say i am watching tata sky and i ask echo some question..will it change the input on the AVR to whatever one echo is connected?

Had similar plans. Some schedule mismatch so it didnt work out. How are these working out for you so far?

Hi,

I have the amazon firestick and was wondering how do i turn off Subtitles for hotstar.

I can turn it off for netflix etc but cannot get the option for hotstar.

any help much appreciated.

Hi,

I have the amazon firestick and was wondering how do i turn off Subtitles for hotstar.

I can turn it off for netflix etc but cannot get the option for hotstar.

any help much appreciated.

There doesn't seem to be any easy way of doing this. You can try sending a mail to hotstar support - [email protected]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Curious problem with Eros Now app on Fire stick ....

When you try to run the app on Fire Stick, it says "No internet's connection". All other apps work fine.

Can run the app otherwise on laptop / phone.

Eros Now support is useless.

Anyone else encountered something like this?

since Indian amazon prime is censored is there a way to change country setting to USA & get US content (without vpn)?

There doesn't seem to be any easy way of doing this. You can try sending a mail to hotstar support - [email protected]

Hi,

i wrote to them and they replied. they said currently there is no way to do that. they will introduce that in a future update.

Hi,

i wrote to them and they replied. they said currently there is no way to do that. they will introduce that in a future update.

Update :

Just tried hotstar around 10 days back on the amazon firestick and found out that .

Subtitles can be selected or turned off. there is also another option of setting the Video to HD etc unfortunately even at highest settings its not dolby encoded etc. maybe on their next update they may add that as well.

Please be aware, I had tough time with Amazon to get replacement. Dont buy electronic products online.

This does not apply to people who are filthy rich and dont care about spending money.

Last edited:
Please be aware, I had tough time with Amazon to get replacement. Dont buy electronic products online.

Where else will you get Fire TV, Echo, and many others of the same ilk like Android media players?

Some companies in fact sell only via online and they offer excellent deals by passing on the savings to the customer.

Where else will you get Fire TV, Echo, and many others of the same ilk like Android media players?

Some companies in fact sell only via online and they offer excellent deals by passing on the savings to the customer.

This does not apply to people who are filthy rich and dont care about spending money.

its sad state, I think we can still find ways to work these things up. like kodi can do youtube, but the ease and simplicity factor goes out. G acting like this is sad. They are probably feeling the pinch as amazon is eating up their market

No difference when it comes to software. The difference is only in hardware. Again, it depends on which version of Fire TV you are comparing to which version of Fire Stick. Fire TV mostly has USB drive and LAN port where as Fire Stick uses the only available USB port as the power input.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back