Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote launched in India

I have not tried it, but let me check on that. I guess YouTube gives only 720p on its app ?

Alternatively, what I do is, I download YouTube videos using 4kdownloader for offline viewing, by adding it to plex media server and then streaming via Plex app. Music videos of Tamil movies I watch often, so I dont have to stream again and again but just plex it from local hard drive. This way you can download it with 4K quality also, if available

Can you please check 1080p? I don't have 4K display and I also don't want to download upfront.

I checked YouTube 1080p and I am getting the full resolution. You have to Pause it and then choose Nerd stuff on the extreme right and it can show you the data. 1920 x 1080 @24p and then Data speed and also it shows buffer health.

About to buy Fire TV stick.
It seem to support Hotstar - do we need to pay for Hotstar subscription?

I need Hotstar for Sarabhai and IPL/cricket.

About to buy Fire TV stick.
It seem to support Hotstar - do we need to pay for Hotstar subscription?

I need Hotstar for Sarabhai and IPL/cricket.
You need to subscribe to premium if you want premium content. I think most live tv on hotstar is free anyways.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyone been able to setup India Amazon Prime Video on a US bought device?

Would prefer to buy the Fire TV box from US, and use in India over AMZ Fire Stick.

Thoughts?

QUOTE=gopichandpai;740491]I have fire tv from US and it works fine in India

Was it configured in USA or India after you bought it?

QUOTE=gopichandpai;740491]I have fire tv from US and it works fine in India

If i am not wrong, amazon provides you the easy option of changing the country of operation in all devices.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]

It was configured in USA. I had to do the below to get India content after prime video started in India

To change your country settings:

Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
Open the Settings tab.
Go to the Country Settings section, and select Change next to your current country.
Enter your new address, and choose your new country. Then select Update.
Note: Fire TV only works in the supported countries listed above.

In the notification that displays on-screen, select the learn more option, and then select Transfer your Kindle account to or Update your default Kindle Store.
On your Fire TV, select Home > Settings > My Account from the menu, then select Deregister.
You'll then be prompted to Register your device again. Re-enter your Amazon account information to register your Fire TV for use in your new supported country.

I have fire tv from US and it works fine in India
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going to ask for detail/ clarification, so thanks for the following detail.

So you were using the Amazon Fire TV Box (not stick) with the US Prime Account & Prime Video before..

And when you moved to India, you configured the same BOX to work with a AN India Prime Account & Prime Video.. ? Is that correct?

Was your New India Prime on the same Email as your original US Prime?

I have had 2 emails for 2 amazon accounts - 1 US, 1 India. Kept separate to avoid mix up.
But now it seems I can log into India via both...

Also voltage adapter is 110 ~ 240V capable?

Please confirm. Thanks.

KEY QUESTION:
Also, which version of Prime Box is it? They've revised boxes & firmware/ OS over time. Please do post. Thanks.

PS: They have a newer Prime 4K box - And these things keep on changing and at times they put in firmware to BLOCK stuff so..

PPS: If all of the above is kosher then I can ask a friend in the US now, to buy a BOX form US and bring it over.

It was configured in USA. I had to do the below to get India content after prime video started in India

To change your country settings:

Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
Open the Settings tab.
Go to the Country Settings section, and select Change next to your current country.
Enter your new address, and choose your new country. Then select Update.
Note: Fire TV only works in the supported countries listed above.

In the notification that displays on-screen, select the learn more option, and then select Transfer your Kindle account to or Update your default Kindle Store.
On your Fire TV, select Home > Settings > My Account from the menu, then select Deregister.
You'll then be prompted to Register your device again. Re-enter your Amazon account information to register your Fire TV for use in your new supported country.

>> So you were using the Amazon Fire TV Box (not stick) with the US Prime Account & Prime Video before..

Yes

>>And when you moved to India, you configured the same BOX to work with a AN India Prime Account & Prime Video.. ? Is that correct?

Yes

>>Was your New India Prime on the same Email as your original US Prime?
Yes, same email ID for both Amazon.com and Amazon.in

>>Also voltage adapter is 110 ~ 240V capable?
240v capable.

>>Also, which version of Prime Box is it? They've revised boxes & firmware/ OS over time. Please do post. Thanks.
It is the first version of Fire TV

Don't worry. You can safely buy from US and use it in India.

Can the Fire TV be used to playback local media ( on External HDD) including HEVC, BluRay ISO etc ? and can you get DTS HD, True HD Bitstreaming to AVR via its HDMI?

Can the Fire TV be used to playback local media ( on External HDD) including HEVC, BluRay ISO etc ? and can you get DTS HD, True HD Bitstreaming to AVR via its HDMI?

Nope. No way to connect an external drive to Fire Stick

Any one interested in picking up one can do it today . Prime offer of 1000 and 499 back as Amazon wallet.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I got 3 fire 7 inchers for around 70 dollars and 3 fire 8inchers for around 110 dollars as part of Prime US Sale as i got relatives travelling. Not really sure if any of the amazon stuff will work here. Any ideas? Am an India Prime member...will the India one atleast work on these? if nothing else, will hack it to install google play store and make it a normal table...

Also got a echo dot for around 35 dollars - in touch with Sammy (Sam9s) on how to do home automation on the cheap. Any ideas if the dot when connected to my pioneer 1020K AVR will work as advertized? if so, say i am watching tata sky and i ask echo some question..will it change the input on the AVR to whatever one echo is connected?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back