Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote launched in India

Pardon my ignorance
There are several websites where you can play hd movies of even 2017,with more than 1000 titles with 5.1 audio
So,why amazon prime
Iam simply casting movies on my smart tv from my mobile and the quality is good
So,why apv?,anything different?.

Because we don't want to steal. We want to watch things legally and go to sleep with clear conscience every day. And if there is an easy and cheap way to do that, then it is great.

Pardon my ignorance
There are several websites where you can play hd movies of even 2017,with more than 1000 titles with 5.1 audio
So,why amazon prime
Iam simply casting movies on my smart tv from my mobile and the quality is good
So,why apv?,anything different?.

You are indeed ignorant! You are ignoring the fact that you are stealing when you are playing movies from those sites.

Ok,since these websites are available in chrome cast and there are several YouTube videos from America,(where copyright issue is strictly followed)elobarately explaining how to watch,I thought it was not stealing.

Update : three month free subscription to Eros now is available with firestick. My parents watched bajirao mast mastani. Full hd streaming with 5.1.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I placed my order for the Fire Stick Yesterday. Delivery is around Tuesday. I too will post a detailed review on the experience.

Appreciate the feedback from the users :)

Interesting thing happened with my delivery of Firestick. When i first fired the device up, which was pre configured with my amazon account. Something was not right, The content was fully no desi with majority of Hollywood content and in the settings menu i was shocked to see Alexa configuration. I couldn't set the local pin code since it was accepting only 5 digits. There is not hotstar, no eros, no gaana, no Indian content in prime and then i got the know issue.

I have same username and password for both amazon.in and amazon.com. So while configuring the firstick they configured for my amazon.com instead of amazon.in account. So the entire configuration that was there in my firestick is for US region.

Got in touch with Amazon customer care and they're super supportive, after a long search they found me a technician specific to firestick (not a pun since i called them around midnight) and he explained me that i don't need to return back the device instead just do a factory reset and log in with my amazon.in username and password.
Viola !!! All the Indian specific contents came back and Alexa gone.

So the firestick sold everywhere is essentially the same with software configuration is based on the amazon account. So for people getting firestick from US, I think it can be converted into India specific by just doing a factory reset and log in with Indian account.

Peace.

Got in touch with Amazon customer care and they're super supportive, after a long search they found me a technician specific to firestick (not a pun since i called them around midnight) and he explained me that i don't need to return back the device instead just do a factory reset and log in with my amazon.in username and password.
Viola !!! All the Indian specific contents came back and Alexa gone.

So the firestick sold everywhere is essentially the same with software configuration is based on the amazon account. So for people getting firestick from US, I think it can be converted into India specific by just doing a factory reset and log in with Indian account.

Peace.

How did you login with your amazon.in account the second time ? I thought you said the username and password were the same for amazon.in and amazon.com accounts . I'm trying to get my Fire TV to work in India and the factory reset and login does not bring in the India content. Looks like it works only for the firetv stick.

Last edited:
How did you login with your amazon.in account the second time ? I thought you said the username and password were the same for amazon.in and amazon.com accounts . I'm trying to get my Fire TV to work in India and the factory reset and login does not bring in the India content. Looks like it works only for the firetv stick.
I am using Fire TV in India. Do the following

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices (https://www.amazon.com/mycd).
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Under Country Settings, select Change.
4. Enter your new address and select the country from the drop-down menu, and then select Update.
5. Select "learn more," and then select Transfer your Kindle account to. . ..
6. On your Fire TV device, go to Home>Settings>My Account. Select "Deregister". Return to My Account and select "Register".

Fire TV will work with India Prime Video after your Fire TV gets the 5.2.4.1 update and after you have followed the above steps.

My Fire TV got the 5.2.4.1 update and after the above changes it works like a charm now :)

I am using Fire TV in India. Do the following

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices (https://www.amazon.com/mycd).
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Under Country Settings, select Change.
4. Enter your new address and select the country from the drop-down menu, and then select Update.
5. Select "learn more," and then select Transfer your Kindle account to. . ..
6. On your Fire TV device, go to Home>Settings>My Account. Select "Deregister". Return to My Account and select "Register".

Fire TV will work with India Prime Video after your Fire TV gets the 5.2.4.1 update and after you have followed the above steps.

My Fire TV got the 5.2.4.1 update and after the above changes it works like a charm now :)

Thanks, this works. The Key was the update to 5.2.4.1

Guys, just bought the amazon fire stick and everything seems to work ok accept prime video itself. YouTube and casting from prime video mobile app etc all is working perfectly including browsing. But when I try to play video from prime I get a network error and I seem to be getting all us content and homepage and not the Indian prime homepage n content. I have done a factory reset and my TV stick is updated to 5.2.4.1 and region n language selected to India and I also checked the amazon device homepage and settings tab on Amazon device and setting... And the country selected is India. Pls help.

Guys, just bought the amazon fire stick and everything seems to work ok accept prime video itself. YouTube and casting from prime video mobile app etc all is working perfectly including browsing. But when I try to play video from prime I get a network error and I seem to be getting all us content and homepage and not the Indian prime homepage n content. I have done a factory reset and my TV stick is updated to 5.2.4.1 and region n language selected to India and I also checked the amazon device homepage and settings tab on Amazon device and setting... And the country selected is India. Pls help.

I had the same issue. I did the following things, and it worked:

Set India as the country in Amazon.in > device settings. I see that you have already done this. Next, I just restarted the fire tv stick by simultaneously pressing and holding the Play button and Select button for about five seconds. This did the trick and now I have "desi" content, and prime videos are playing just fine.

Did you guys get the 499 Amazon pay balance back ? I still didn't get it. Even the Airtel 100 GB pack.

Did you guys get the 499 Amazon pay balance back ? I still didn't get it. Even the Airtel 100 GB pack.
Checked on this with Amazon help. You have to wait till return period is over. Its 30 days for this.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Has anyone used Fire TV stick for watching full HD YouTube?
If yes, does it have mechanism to use several Google accounts (for each family member?)

Has anyone used Fire TV stick for watching full HD YouTube?
If yes, does it have mechanism to use several Google accounts (for each family member?)

I have not tried it, but let me check on that. I guess YouTube gives only 720p on its app ?

Alternatively, what I do is, I download YouTube videos using 4kdownloader for offline viewing, by adding it to plex media server and then streaming via Plex app. Music videos of Tamil movies I watch often, so I dont have to stream again and again but just plex it from local hard drive. This way you can download it with 4K quality also, if available

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back