Amazon Music App is available in India now. Free subscription for Amazon prime users.

Listened to almost 3 hours of music comparing with other streaming services, I can surely say that it's compressed and misses the punch in the output. Even low-res mp3 sounds better as I heard. Amazon certainly needs to improve the quality here. A few Playlists I liked though.

Is there an app of some kind that can show bitrate for streaming services,so we can actually see the same way apps show data rate while downloading? Is it possible to make one as such?

Is there an app of some kind that can show bitrate for streaming services,so we can actually see the same way apps show data rate while downloading? Is it possible to make one as such?
Try glasswire app. It's a good app and you can see how much data consumed by each app. But it won't show the bitrate.
Amazon music quality definitely should be compressed. When I play a song and look at the data consumed during that time by amazon music, it's only about 2-3MB.

I have Amazon prime, both for India as well as US, on the same email ID. Amazon prime music app picks up my US account and doesn't give me an option to change it to India :(

I have Amazon prime, both for India as well as US, on the same email ID. Amazon prime music app picks up my US account and doesn't give me an option to change it to India :(
Logout from the amazon US account when opening the music app first time. Or you could log out in the music app itself and login from Indian account.
Try glasswire app. It's a good app and you can see how much data consumed by each app. But it won't show the bitrate.
Amazon music quality definitely should be compressed. When I play a song and look at the data consumed during that time by amazon music, it's only about 2-3MB.
I just realized I could change the quality and after selecting best quality, the data consumption shoots to 10MB+ per song.

Amazon don't have any app for Windows 10 but one can directly stream from the web interface. I've apple music membership and what I found after playing the same song on both services....is audio quality is much nicer on iTunes than Amazon music. The punchy base and clean highs one can easily feel.

Now I don't need to open iTunes on office laptop to listen to music. Browser will do. Great back up with good UI. Still Apple Music will remain and I don't think I have to dive fully. Apple music gives me a good iTunes match and iCloud music option for my library and a vast international catalog.

Have been listening to Amazon Prime music since morning- mostly bollywood retro songs. Found the quality to be average. Gaana dot com is better to some extent.

Sourav

Been listening to Prime music for a couple of weeks now:

- Quality seems a bit lower than Wynk or Apple. More compression? No choice of quality?
- Connection not as stable either - frequently disconnects

Doesn't look like there's a big reason to switch if you're happy with your existing streaming service...

- Quality seems a bit lower than Wynk or Apple. More compression? No choice of quality?

Doesn't look like there's a big reason to switch if you're happy with your existing streaming service...

Yes you are right! I felt the same but good enough for people using mass products as their source :)

Go to settings streaming quality and change it to high. Also check yours internet connection for disconnect buffering i didn't face any issues

Go to settings streaming quality and change it to high. Also check yours internet connection for disconnect buffering i didn't face any issues

Right, I did that. Found that setting on the website...on the app, it just says 'Auto'. But no, still feel that its not as good as the others...

Yes you are right! I felt the same but good enough for people using mass products as their source :)

True...and plus, the music selection is also not deep enough for my liking. I guess its ok if you're looking for latest music or something to drive along to but older stuff...not as much as Apple.

I faced this too...if you want, you can have it changed by calling Amazon customer service. Honestly, would recommend you keep both accounts by adding another email ID because licensed content will be different.

True...and plus, the music selection is also not deep enough for my liking. I guess its ok if you're looking for latest music or something to drive along to but older stuff...not as much as Apple.
After trying most of the services I subscribed to Apple music..the huge collection is what I love.

I tried Amazon Prime Music for few days and went back to Google Music for two reasons -

1. Prime Music Can not stream to UPnP device (no support for DLNA)

2. Less number of songs compared to Google. Hence not good for music discovery.

I am back to Google music. I see Google Music is the only option for me, considering it can be streamed through Bubble UPnP, good quality and super huge library.

Thanks
Auro.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back