Amp + Floorstander Recommendations. Budget Rs.2L

I read about the note written by prodigy.
Personally I took audition at Amit's residence.i travelled all the way from Mysore just for this.
Audition was at Amit's residence with no properly treated acoustics.i was impressed by the sound signature even my friend also felt the same.i was impressed by the way amit treats his customers .he took personal interest and updated me during various stages of its buildup. Now I feel v happy and satisfied about my decision of course they are indian it's an added advantage.no regrets from my side.
I strongly recommend people to go for it if possible get an audition I'm sure you will fall in love with them instantaneously
I agree, I had a very good audition and went thru each and every detail about the product.
I will definitely recommend the anchals as I am very happy how they are performing.

Although I never auditioned achals,but sometimes I feel FM have a soft corner for indiq being an indian brand, so, I suggest you to audition any speaker before buying them, since, a sound which is good for other, may not be same for you.

There are other products as well in your budget which offer similar sound quality.
I don't think anyone is getting hyper , we are just defending the fact why we recommended the same. For me the approach is to find something i like and let's say I like A & B from 2 different companies, then the attitude on entertaining queries, service level and post purchase support matters a lot. But liking the sound signature is the foremost criteria , then only will I go for evaluating on other criteria. I am proud of the fact that an indian company like IndiQ has been achieving such heights due to all of the above factors, but since sound is subjective have always asked people to make it a part of their audition list and not ignore them with the mentality that they are an Indian brand and would not meet the required standards (although the 15 day return period provides enough of a safety net for blind buys too). The same was recommended and the comparison was to give an insight into my audition findings.

On a personal front have already owned XTZ for a good period of time which I preferred the most along with the KEF Q950, I sold the XTZ because of the same reason I have mentioned in first post and got the Indiq Achal after a good hour of listen at Amit's place

@avtar2008 when you have not auditioned them then how can you compare their sound quality with other products available in that price bracket?
Your suggestion of going for an audition is absolutely justified, but calling out that FMs have a soft corner is not correct and undermines their honesty and neutral stance. The hugely successful group-buy is also a testimony of their sound quality.
Brother I have heard about this brand long back, and planned to buy achal + saptak even just single FM @Prodigy had them. Moreover, I paid advance for that, but later i cancelled it and bought other speakers. So, I am very well aware about product.

So, I just suggesting the OP to audition other products as well.

I don't think anyone is getting hyper , we are just defending the fact why we recommended the same. For me the approach is to find something i like and let's say I like A & B from 2 different companies, then the attitude on entertaining queries, service level and post purchase support matters a lot. But liking the sound signature is the foremost criteria , then only will I go for evaluating on other criteria. I am proud of the fact that an indian company like IndiQ has been achieving such heights due to all of the above factors, but since sound is subjective have always asked people to make it a part of their audition list and not ignore them with the mentality that they are an Indian brand and would not meet the required standards (although the 15 day return period provides enough of a safety net for blind buys too). The same was recommended and the comparison was to give an insight into my audition findings.

On a personal front have already owned XTZ for a good period of time which I preferred the most along with the KEF Q950, I sold the XTZ because of the same reason I have mentioned in first post and got the Indiq Achal after a good hour of listen at Amit's place
I am not against indiq or achal and remember all your setup and impressions from auditions.

Thanks all!

@Lizard King much appreciated! The list is pretty much bang on what I've been considering... would love to hear your speaker suggestions to pair these with.

@vineetrad I've been lurking in the 'For sale by owner' thread for a while, but haven't come across (or don't know enough to choose) something I like.

@spirovious thanks for the Daali suggestion. I'm not particularly hung up on the Wharfedale sound... would love to try something new.
You have got some good advice. I'll add one more.
NEVER buy on the basis of recommendation. ONLY your opinion and taste matters. There is no harm in standing away from the crowd.

Thanks all!

@Lizard King much appreciated! The list is pretty much bang on what I've been considering... would love to hear your speaker suggestions to pair these with.

@vineetrad I've been lurking in the 'For sale by owner' thread for a while, but haven't come across (or don't know enough to choose) something I like.

@spirovious thanks for the Daali suggestion. I'm not particularly hung up on the Wharfedale sound... would love to try something new.
I am in a similar situation like you. Have similar tastes in music. Had a Marantz PM6005 and Wharfedale 230 FS for many years. Aware of the system's shortcomings. Last year auditioned CXA81, PM8006, 6000A. But couldn't loosen my purse strings.
Then out of boredom during lockdown, bought the PM8006 on the basis of previous auditions. Not that others are bad. In fact they are very good. But somehow I liked the authority and details of PM8006 over the more fun and exciting sound of other two. (Age is catching up!!)
Had a budget of upto 1.5 L for a pair of new FS. But.... you cannot imagine how much better my old 230 are sounding with a better amp. The flabby bass has tightened up as it someone smacked its bums. Details have improved tremendously though still some amount treble roll off is there, I don't know if it's due to the amp or the speakers. Overall, much more neutral, tightened and detailed.
I have now decided to hold on for 6 months, increased the budget to 2.5L, and waiting for auditions to start. If needed will budget another 1L after a year or so for a PA. Meanwhile, enjoying my semi- new system, which has a new life.

TL;DR... upgrade slowly. Your 220 may open up with more juice. You may wait for a few more months and take a more mature decision about your speakers.
I've made a list of speakers in the 1 to 2.5L range. Will share tomorrow.

Right now beer is calling. :cool:

Last edited:
Since you are in Mumbai, you can get in touch with Grattan Vaz who has set-up in Goregaon East. You can demo different speakers there.
Very reliable person to deal with.
I second this. Mr Grattan is the man to get in touch with. He has a wide range of speakers that you can audition, he's patient and the kinda person you want to be in business with as far as after sales is concerned. Cheers.

Hey @fLUX and @Prodigy

How would the Swara Pre & Power combo pair with the Achals? Has anybody tried to pair the Swara preamp with the Saptak yet?
What is the general word on Acoustic Portrait in terms of sound quality, after-sales service, etc.?

Hey @fLUX and @Prodigy

How would the Swara Pre & Power combo pair with the Achals? Has anybody tried to pair the Swara preamp with the Saptak yet?
What is the general word on Acoustic Portrait in terms of sound quality, after-sales service, etc.?
I have not tried t he AP Swara with my Saptak. I actually had been to AP for audition and decided will never buy anything from them or would own their product ever after the kind of treatment I got when I visited them last year.
However, I have tried other tube based pre amps with Saptak & Achal and it has been a great experience. Especially the Lyrita DHT was a classic one. It really paired well with Saptak.
I have also tried Cayin A50T with Achal’s for an extended period of time and loved that too. Basically I would say it’s a good combination. You can pair it with any pre amps and it should do the magic.

I have not tried t he AP Swara with my Saptak. I actually had been to AP for audition and decided will never buy anything from them or would own their product ever after the kind of treatment I got when I visited them last year.
However, I have tried other tube based pre amps with Saptak & Achal and it has been a great experience. Especially the Lyrita DHT was a classic one. It really paired well with Saptak.
I have also tried Cayin A50T with Achal’s for an extended period of time and loved that too. Basically I would say it’s a good combination. You can pair it with any pre amps and it should do the magic.
Sorry to hear, but keeping your bad experience aside, is the Swara pre-power combo a kosher option worth considering, for not just Achals, but any other speaker like KEF 950, Triangle Boreas, and so on? ... sorry too much newbie anxiety :)

Sorry to hear, but keeping your bad experience aside, is the Swara pre-power combo a kosher option worth considering, for not just Achals, but any other speaker like KEF 950, Triangle Boreas, and so on? ... sorry too much newbie anxiety :)
Oh yes. They are good.. No doubts about it..
Swara is hybrid and does pair well with most SS power amps AFAIK. AP focuses more on classical, so if you are into a lot of it then its a treat and i think they are tuned keeping that in mind. During my audition, i was only allowed to hear classical and couple of legendary rock/metal and some Bollywood 80/90's music and they really do not entertain new age or at least for me he did.

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from a Cambridge Azur 340A SE amp and Wharfedale Diamond 220 bookshelves.

Since demos are being discouraged, I need to rely on your expertise and experience in picking a tried and tested winning combo of an Integrated Stereo Amp and Floorstanding speakers. An amp with room correction built in would be brilliant! My budget is Rs.2 Lakh (upper limit).

I listen mostly to jazz, rock, pop, some classical, and old Hindi songs.

Sources are mainly Flac, CD and some Vinyl.

Thanks!
What kind of speakers you are looking for ?

Thanks for asking, but I'm not looking any more.

I got the Marantz NR1200 and Q Acoustics 3050i after listening to it at a cousin's place. Splurged on Mogami 2804 cables with the money saved :cool:

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions and guidance!
good choice. speakers can serve you for long time, may be you can upgrade avr sometime in future

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from a Cambridge Azur 340A SE amp and Wharfedale Diamond 220 bookshelves.

Since demos are being discouraged, I need to rely on your expertise and experience in picking a tried and tested winning combo of an Integrated Stereo Amp and Floorstanding speakers. An amp with room correction built in would be brilliant! My budget is Rs.2 Lakh (upper limit).

I listen mostly to jazz, rock, pop, some classical, and old Hindi songs.

Sources are mainly Flac, CD and some Vinyl.

Thanks!
Bryston and Totem are the best option

Whoa! What happened?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back