Another pre-power option - Parasound - any help/info please?

Shyamtanu

One of my friends told me of this brand, I have zero knowledge about them, do we get them in India (Mumbai/Pune) and how are they in comparison to Marantz & Emotiva? I am considering EMO combo of XPA-200 + USP1 with my CD6003 for Quad 12L2 (I know it is more power for the moment but future proofing my investment as I know somewhere in my heart I will buy a floor standing speaker pair not too far in future). Please help, mainly looking at 2125 and 2100 combo, of course will do a demo if possible before deciding and vitamin M factors :)

One of my friends told me of this brand, I have zero knowledge about them, do we get them in India (Mumbai/Pune) and how are they in comparison to Marantz & Emotiva? I am considering EMO combo of XPA-200 + USP1 with my CD6003 for Quad 12L2 (I know it is more power for the moment but future proofing my investment as I know somewhere in my heart I will buy a floor standing speaker pair not too far in future). Please help, mainly looking at 2125 and 2100 combo, of course will do a demo if possible before deciding and vitamin M factors :)

What I do know is that Parasound is pretty pricey and their prices are head and shoulders above the Marantz/Emotivas. I have a friend who has Parasound amps playing his Dali Ikons so can get his opinion. But that is all it would be ... an opinion.

What I do know is that Parasound is pretty pricey and their prices are head and shoulders above the Marantz/Emotivas. I have a friend who has Parasound amps playing his Dali Ikons so can get his opinion. But that is all it would be ... an opinion.

Hey buddy.. you can see I have been smitten by the upgrade bug, thankfully wife also agreed for this (I actually explained her about clipping and power factors on dynamics :)) and she approved the budget. No I do not think I shall be able to afford them boss, if I could I would buy Quad pre and power combo

Last edited:
Parasound is a pretty well-regarded mid-range brand. I used their Halo A52 amp for a couple years and it was pretty decent. I did find it to be a bit on the brighter side of things, so if your speakers are similar I would reconsider, or at the very least buy after an audition. Then again, I am very sensitive to high frequencies, so YMMV.

The 2100 preamp is actually a VERY nice unit, and has some unique features very few other preamps offer - HT Bypass, which is very helpful if you have a single system for both music and HT.

Emotiva is a cheaper brand, and I have only listened to it briefly in an audio show - can't say I cared for it at all. But there are several who like it pretty well.

As former owner of A21 and P3 combo I can say they are absolutely fantastic combo ONCE you break them in. I required about 200+ hours for it to sound sublime. They can also be pricey.

Lots of comparisons with Emotiva on the net. In my view Emotiva is great VFM if you can deal with its very bright sound signature.

I have a parasound 2125 and one thing I can tell you that it has loads of current reserve. I have fairly hard to drive mini monitor speakers (84db 4ohm) and the amp is handling them fairly well. It is rated at 35amps so i guess that makes it a high current amp. I am also in the process of pairing it with emotiva usp1, but I am buying the emotiva without an audition so I can only tell you a few weeks from now if this combo is good for me or not.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back