Anthem Room Correction - Dedicated Thread

Mayank Shah

Hello, many ARC users here so thought of creating a dedicated ARC thread. Looking forward to the learning process.

While running ARC, is there a way to adjust sweep levels?

What does adjustments to the "System Wide Target" do? When and why should it be used?

MLP (Main Listening Position) seating is right up against the wall, meaning no space behind MLP, so what are the recomended Mic positions?

Many more to follow. Requesting all ARC users to chip in with their experiences and expertise. Thanks, Stay Safe.

@Mayank Shah Unless you are looking to optimize against multiple listening positions , i would suggest to keep the mic at same position or at max alternate between 2 listening positions. I tried both the approaches , subjective opinion seemed that using only 2 positions to measure seemed better.

@Mayank Shah Unless you are looking to optimize against multiple listening positions , i would suggest to keep the mic at same position or at max alternate between 2 listening positions. I tried both the approaches , subjective opinion seemed that using only 2 positions to measure seemed better.
Please elaborate on the positioning. Thanks.

I used only 2 listening positions for taking all 5 measurements , my seating position is also very close to the wall.

Yes, since it's my first time with ARC on an AVR, followed Anthem Guidelines. Was wondering what if the MLP (1st position) itself is against the wall. Only one way to find out.

ARC seems to be producing a fixed sweep output level which shows up as 67 to 69 db on the measurement. Due to this ARC is setting my LCR very hot at +5 to +8. The specs of the LCR is 6 ohms 89 db. Is there a way to increase sweep level output prior to running ARC? Once ARC has started, there is no response from any of the controls onnyhe AVR.

Is there a way to increase the output levels prior to running ARC? Fronts are set quite hot at +7 and +8 db. LCR are 6 ohms 89 db.

Is there a way to increase the output levels prior to running ARC?

Unfortunately, no.

Fronts are set quite hot at +7 and +8 db. LCR are 6 ohms 89 db.

Looks like you need either a change of amps or fronts.
Otherwise, you can reduce the trims for all speakers by the same amount (if possible), after uploading the ARC filters, to get the trims for the fronts to zero or negative. The amount of this reduction will be the amount of headroom you no longer have in order to reach reference levels.

Back