Any DTH company offering exchange service ?

I have a Airtel HD service, with multiroom setup , so thats like 2 STBs. :eek:hyeah:

Im looking to dump it and get Videocon D2H or Tata Sky HD. But Im not sure, if anyone of them offers exchange service, where I can hand over the Airtel STBs and get their new connection. :clapping:

Anyone got an idea ?
I have d2h multi room set up with 2stb can you exchange with 2 Airtel stb

I have d2h multi room set up with 2stb can you exchange with 2 Airtel stb
nope.There was a talk in 2019-20 about DTH set top box portability where u can port cable box to another MSO box and among DTH operators but not from DTH to MSO/LCo or vice-versa.But since then the trail has gone cold.I have yet to see DTH portability.So in short no,they wont exchange it.I went from d2h to tatasky many years ago due to sync problems cropping up every now and then post its sale to zee dish.i wont say that tata sky box and its software is great but its ok.the best part i suppose is their app that lets u pause your one mirror connection therby stopping the billing and you can keep it like that till you want to.

Ha ha..

I wish, Airtel can refund by taking the STBs back, which Im sure, they wont.

Such a crappy company!
nobody does.i moved from videocon to tata sky and even then i had to escalate to their ceo smthng and thats when they came to take the dish.the box is still lying around

nope.There was a talk in 2019-20 about DTH set top box portability where u can port cable box to another MSO box and among DTH operators but not from DTH to MSO/LCo or vice-versa.But since then the trail has gone cold.I have yet to see DTH portability.So in short no,they wont exchange it.I went from d2h to tatasky many years ago due to sync problems cropping up every now and then post its sale to zee dish.i wont say that tata sky box and its software is great but its ok.the best part i suppose is their app that lets u pause your one mirror connection therby stopping the billing and you can keep it like that till you want to.
ya i was thinking that.i think that was made into some kind of direction/law etc by TRAI but then i never saw anythmg much

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back