Any Jbl 104BT owners here?? Need some feedback

DAB

Hey all
Greetings
I am new here, was thinking of buying a set of jbl 104-BT studio monitors.
Tbh need a decent set of multimedia speakers to be used with my desktop and possibly withTV along with bluetooth music streaming.

A friends friend in a different city has them so before buying anf getting them shipped thought of asking about their performance from existing owners here.

My preference in general is, decent audio with clarity and punch as i listen to all kinds of music depending upon mood, indian classical to latest Bollywood, devotional and slow jazz etc.

Kindly help

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey all
Greetings
I am new here, was thinking of buying a set of jbl 104-BT studio monitors.
Tbh need a decent set of multimedia speakers to be used with my desktop and possibly withTV along with bluetooth music streaming.

A friends friend in a different city has them so before buying anf getting them shipped thought of asking about their performance from existing owners here.

My preference in general is, decent audio with clarity and punch as i listen to all kinds of music depending upon mood, indian classical to latest Bollywood, devotional and slow jazz etc.

Kindly help

Thanks
@ DAB

I have been using the JBL 104 BT since a year, as PC speakers and found them decent. I can bet on the clarity, but do not expect exceptional bass.

@ DAB

I have been using the JBL 104 BT since a year, as PC speakers and found them decent. I can bet on the clarity, but do not expect exceptional bass.
Thanks a lot for the reply.
But is the bass adequate for listening pleasure?? Dont want exceptional bass but there has to be an above average level considering they are 60w???

If i were to ask which other 2.0 budget speaker set I can look into, what would you recommend.

Thanks again

I second what Jayant has mentioned above. They are very well built and absolutely vfm if purchased on price available during sales. However the bass does not dig deep or have thump. Whatever bass it produces is textured and a bit punchy which I found it enjoyable. They are good for intimate listening at low or moderate volume levels. Ideal for near to mid field.

If you can extend your budget, you can explore other options. Hivi D1200 is really good option and Edifier 1855 is also another option in similar price range.

If you love a good warmth, then definitely consider Micca offerings, especially RB42. They defy their size. But in terms of budget you may have to shell out more given they are passive speakers and you would need source/dac and amp.

I second what Jayant has mentioned above. They are very well built and absolutely vfm if purchased on price available during sales. However the bass does not dig deep or have thump. Whatever bass it produces is textured and a bit punchy which I found it enjoyable. They are good for intimate listening at low or moderate volume levels. Ideal for near to mid field.

If you can extend your budget, you can explore other options. Hivi D1200 is really good option and Edifier 1855 is also another option in similar price range.

If you love a good warmth, then definitely consider Micca offerings, especially RB42. They defy their size. But in terms of budget you may have to shell out more given they are passive speakers and you would need source/dac and amp.
Initially I was looking out for Edifier R1280DB, but chickened out due to 'No after-sales-service' in Mumbai. Settled for JBL 104 for Rs. 5999 (I was lucky Flipcart had offered a good price then in 2020)

Initially I was looking out for Edifier R1280DB, but chickened out due to 'No after-sales-service' in Mumbai. Settled for JBL 104 for Rs. 5999 (I was lucky Flipcart had offered a good price then in 2020)
I think you got lucky. I have gifted 1280 to my sister. While they are good, the 104 are better to them in every regard for me. The higher models of Edifiers are probably better.

Please do drop your suggestions for what I can buy within 5k or less, New or used
And do add feedback and review for the 104
Thanks

Please do drop your suggestions for what I can buy within 5k or less, New or used
And do add feedback and review for the 104
Thanks
The only good options I could think of in that budget are used logitech Z623/625 or harman kardon soundsticks. But you have to be careful with their condition. Some vouch for Z2300 as well but I haven't heard them. They are older model than Z623 but supposed to be build very well.
Another option is Swans M10 but again I haven't heard them. 104s are probably best bet in that budget unless you are going for options like Obage.

104BTs are a good pair of speakers for casual listening. Have been using these since last year and a half. Bass, though not exceptional, is not that bad and can be taken care of using sound presets on source.

104BTs are a good pair of speakers for casual listening. Have been using these since last year and a half. Bass, though not exceptional, is not that bad and can be taken care of using sound presets on source.
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards

Dear all, seeing the lower frequency response is not upto the mark, I have decided against the jbls for now.
Are there any other decent options I can look for in the upcoming sale on fk and amzn
Thanks

Dear all, seeing the lower frequency response is not upto the mark, I have decided against the jbls for now.
Are there any other decent options I can look for in the upcoming sale on fk and amzn
Thanks
Try the Hivi Swans D1200. One of the better options in the budget segment with good BT, good clarity aided by a flat frequency response, punchy bass, good stereo imaging, active DSP and tone controls, basically the works.

Another option is Swans M10 but again I haven't heard them. 104s are probably best bet in that budget unless you are going for options like Obage.
I have been using Obage for more than a year and I really find it VFM product. At ₹4K it's a very good product. I have HT-303. Newer model, HT144 at ₹7K looks better option. Sound clarity is very good and bass is good too.

I have been using Obage for more than a year and I really find it VFM product. At ₹4K it's a very good product. I have HT-303. Newer model, HT144 at ₹7K looks better option. Sound clarity is very good and bass is good too.
I am giving serious thoughts to soundcore motion plus, it has ample bass but scores highly in sound clarity too...
I have always heard good things regrading obage, but their design is outdated and they are bulky as I wish to move my speaker/s from my desktop to my tv when I ll be watching movies...

I am giving serious thoughts to soundcore motion plus, it has ample bass but scores highly in sound clarity too...
I have always heard good things regrading obage, but their design is outdated and they are bulky as I wish to move my speaker/s from my desktop to my tv when I ll be watching movies...
stereo sound from a speaker pair and bluetooth speakers are two completely different things. Personally i love stereo for the sense of imaging/staging they have over bluetooth speakers any given day. Ultimately its personal choice. I haven't heard the soundcore so cannot comment on them

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back