Any logo maker app for tv?

Is there any dynamic logo maker or animated gif maker that can be used to cover up dth logos which cause IR mainly in plasmas? Are there any such apps that can create animated logo of desired shape, size and position on the screen?

I don't know of any. There are two logos - the channel logo usually in the top RHS corner and the DTH logo usually in the bottom RHS corner. Both logos are embedded into the feeder signal. The software will need to hack the outout signal and replace the two logos with "other static image" - so it will be quite meaningless in a way.

I don't know of any. There are two logos - the channel logo usually in the top RHS corner and the DTH logo usually in the bottom RHS corner. Both logos are embedded into the feeder signal. The software will need to hack the outout signal and replace the two logos with "other static image" - so it will be quite meaningless in a way.

I didn't mean a static logo, I mean an animated logo of definite shape, size and position so that the static logos can be covered up to get rid of IR in plasmas.
In that case we do not need Zooming Out during first 200 hrs and hence forward.
The app should form a LAYER (like in Photoshop) over the main feed and allow us to insert a dynamic logo wherever we need

I didn't mean a static logo, I mean an animated logo of definite shape, size and position so that the static logos can be covered up to get rid of IR in plasmas.
In that case we do not need Zooming Out during first 200 hrs and hence forward.
The app should form a LAYER (like in Photoshop) over the main feed and allow us to insert a dynamic logo wherever we need

In theory, it is possible. But there are two main difficulties:

1. The channel logos are not always in the same place though they appear to be so. Also, they are not of the same size. For some channels, the logo is long text, some a blob, and sometimes they are on the left top corner. The said software will have to determine the logo position, size, etc.

2. The said software will have to be built as the firmware and added to the existing firmware.

I don't understand, when I was buying my led 2-3 months ago, guy said that there's no issues of IR nowadays in plasma

But if people here are so concerned about it, i am confused, and happy I opted for led :)

I don't understand, when I was buying my led 2-3 months ago, guy said that there's no issues of IR nowadays in plasma

But if people here are so concerned about it, i am confused, and happy I opted for led :)
Image retention is still a problem - albiet a very small deterant. IR can be observed if people watch the same channel over and over again. Very happily, IR is always temporary and it goes away (later, if not sooner).

Salesmen (and indeed many users and plasma bashers) confuse between burn-in and IR. Burn-in used to happen to old plasmas and is not a problem any more (unless the set is really-really abused).

Last edited:
In theory, it is possible. But there are two main difficulties:

1. The channel logos are not always in the same place though they appear to be so. Also, they are not of the same size. For some channels, the logo is long text, some a blob, and sometimes they are on the left top corner. The said software will have to determine the logo position, size, etc.

2. The said software will have to be built as the firmware and added to the existing firmware.

Yes I agree that the app should be embedded in the firmware as an enhancement. The software need not determine the shape and position of the dth logo as the users can create the area with the help of remote keys. Today's tvs are smart enough to allow use of remote as a mouse. This app if implemented can surely make a plasma unchallenged and unrivalled and will make the leds to run for their money

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back