Any one running Audio Note amps in Bangalore?

Beast_of_burden

Anyone running Audio note amps in Bangalore, please respond with model. Would like to hear your feedback and if at all possible an Audition. I am looking to buy one, so rest assured this is not a fishing expedition. The outlay is substantial but the level 3 amps are within reach. The pricing from Audio note India is quite attractive.

Anyone running Audio note amps in Bangalore, please respond with model. Would like to hear your feedback and if at all possible an Audition. I am looking to buy one, so rest assured this is not a fishing expedition. The outlay is substantial but the level 3 amps are within reach. The pricing from Audio note India is quite attractive.

I know few people in Pune, they have audio note system. problem with audio note is that ,they recommend their own systems right from the source to speakers for best compatibility and people follow that because upon matching with any other brand component , system does not sound good , may be placebo issue, but it is a fact according to owners of audio note. From my experience , audio note is best for source and amps but for speakers. Now you have to decide according to your budget because whole system is Uber expensive..YMMV according to your budget.

I know few people in Pune, they have audio note system. problem with audio note is that ,they recommend their own systems right from the source to speakers for best compatibility and people follow that because upon matching with any other brand component , system does not sound good , may be placebo issue, but it is a fact according to owners of audio note. From my experience , audio note is best for source and amps but for speakers. Now you have to decide according to your budget because whole system is Uber expensive..YMMV according to your budget.

Yes, the outlay is substantial especially if you attempt a full AN system. There are many good choices of integrated amps and power amplifiers under 3L though. It is more prudent to build the system over the course of a year. Their amps have a reputation for longevity and reasonable costs of ownership( I am only talking about the entry level like level 2 or 3 in AN speak). Nobody has anything bad to say about their amps including the "entry" level OTO SE.

Have you heard these systems yourself? I haven't had a chance to hear any AN component until now.

Yes, the outlay is substantial especially if you attempt a full AN system. There are many good choices of integrated amps and power amplifiers under 3L though. It is more prudent to build the system over the course of a year. Their amps have a reputation for longevity and reasonable costs of ownership( I am only talking about the entry level like level 2 or 3 in AN speak). Nobody has anything bad to say about their amps including the "entry" level OTO SE.

Have you heard these systems yourself? I haven't had a chance to hear any AN component until now.

+1; they are quite fabulous and especially known for their musicality and longevity! I had a chance to listen to some 20 year old AN system sometime back and it was quite very pleasing.

FYI, AN-UK started operations in India in Mumbai. check out www.audionote.in for more details.

Sir, did you get your AN system ? Been waiting to hear your feedback...

+1; they are quite fabulous and especially known for their musicality and longevity! I had a chance to listen to some 20 year old AN system sometime back and it was quite very pleasing.

FYI, AN-UK started operations in India in Mumbai. check out www.audionote.in for more details.

Yes Audio Note is now available in India, if you are in Mumbai you can audition. Elsewhere, tough luck. Can you share more details of the system you heard? Some of the models have been in the line-up for 20 years and still doing duty.

Sir, did you get your AN system ? Been waiting to hear your feedback...

Hi Rahul
Not yet delivered; will surely give feedback once setup.. hopefully in few weeks now! :)

How about your plans to get Tannoy?

thanks

Yes Audio Note is now available in India, if you are in Mumbai you can audition. Elsewhere, tough luck. Can you share more details of the system you heard? Some of the models have been in the line-up for 20 years and still doing duty.

Yes, they are in Mumbai and in the process of appointing dealers. I think its not too bad to fly to Mumbai instead of having to travel abroad, otherwise :)

I heard a 20 year old AN-J system coupled with a 300B 'AN Kit' based amplifier in Mumbai few months back and I was convinced it is definitely a 'destination system'. I had to literally 'hunt' for this user with help from AN-UK and one of our own dear FM friend!

AN-E is available for demo; AN Zero series and possibly AN X/Z speakers will be in soon. One visit will definitely help assess if they have the sound that will 'interest' you.

BTW, did you check out their unique 'Customer Satisfaction Guarantee' - with a 30-day evaluation period! Possibly first from anyone in India!:thumbsup:

I once spend half a day auditioning audionote speakers in Singapore. I liked them a lot for the emotional connect. The bass needs to be tuned by careful placement. The design is very room dependent. Once the placement clicks in, the magic is there in abundance.

Also, I have heard that some line magnetic amps work well with audionote speakers.

Ping RGA on audioasylum dot com if you want to discuss a lot about audionote gear.

Last edited:
@KVM - So did you actually visit Mumbai? What have you ordered, if you don't mind sharing.

@Square_wave - RGA is very enthusiastic about the 2A3 Empress, not so much about the 300B amps. He is also very enthusiastic about the Oto and the Soro. I am partial to the 2A3 myself so I share his enthusiasm. Have been evaluating the Vindicator which could work with the AZ2 or AZ3. I am dealing with a huge mental block ordering Sight unseen and unheard.

If you are ok with 4 to 5 watts per channel look at Slagle and Jeffrey Jackson EMIA amp. I have not heard it but my guess is it should be really really good. My guess is based on the fact that I extensively used Slagles transformers and chokes in my 2A3 amp and it sounded really good. Would easily give some top of the line SET amps a run for their money.

@KVM - So did you actually visit Mumbai? What have you ordered, if you don't mind sharing.

As said earlier, I visited Mumbai to listen to the old AN system when AN-I was not setup yet. I was closely working with PQ of AN-UK to directly import my system when he mentioned about AN-I being setup. So my order is now being executed by AN-I, sort of!

I did not visit AN-I yet. I will share my order details as part of my review, once delivered and setup! :)

Pl ping Aernoud (AN-I) and he will be more than helpful to finalize your system based on your audition, liking and budget.

2A3 vs 300B - great debates all over, depends on what you like, after listening!

All the best :)

I did not visit AN-I yet. I will share my order details as part of my review, once delivered and setup! :)

Pl ping Aernoud (AN-I) and he will be more than helpful to finalize your system based on your audition, liking and budget.

All the best :)

Great, looking forward to the review. I visit Hyderabad now and then,maybe I can swing by for an audition.

I have the Lyrita 2A3 with James OPTs and Sovtek 2A3 tubes and I personally consider the amp much improved. I continue to look for ways to upgrade the Lyrita, looking to procure the James interstage transformers now. I have reached a stage where I want that "final" system and don't want to keep tweaking. When I got to know that AN is now officially in India I got in touch with Aernoud. The discussion is ongoing. I am considering the P2 SE as well because of the higher power rating that will allow a wider range of speaker choices. AN's own speakers aren't going to cut it with the Vindicator. I have no issues driving my Klipsch RF3s (98db sensitivity) with the Lyrita though. My experience with a pair of Wright 2A3 mono blocks has left a lasting impression, so the attraction to the Vindicator is very strong.

Beast of burden, you could try the Slagle interstage and output transformers in the Lyrita amp if you wish.

Beast of burden, you could try the Slagle interstage and output transformers in the Lyrita amp if you wish.

Next time I visit the USA the slagle interstages are on my list. The James interstages are not available online, it will have to be the slagles. The James OPTs are pretty good in the Lyrita and did not cost a lot either. I intend to upgrade the case as well as the speaker terminals. If I had the talent I would want to convert the Lyrita to a 6SN7 (have the parts) driven power amp. But no I am not even thinking of doing it by myself. Switching out the OPTs wasn't that Difficult but finding space for them inside the chassis was the more challenging part. I iterated with the impedance loading and found that 3.5k sounded the most balanced. There is a bit of hum but when the music starts playing it isn't bothersome at all.

Try also changing the chokes to Slagle as well as the vol control. There was zero Hum on my amp. So technically there should be none in yours too.

Try also changing the chokes to Slagle as well as the vol control. There was zero Hum on my amp. So technically there should be none in yours too.

If you have the part numbers handy, please share.

Coming back to topic it appears there aren't too many Audio note owners.

If you have the part numbers handy, please share.

Coming back to topic it appears there aren't too many Audio note owners.

I could only afford their four nines silver interconnect :eek: which I am using and very satisfied. It isn't as detailed at Transparent Audio that I use, but it sounds more smooth up top.

Wait, this thread is about AudioNote amps!

Beast of burden, pl check with Viren. He sent all the specs to Dave Slagle and got the parts accordingly.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back