Any reviews on Hathway HD in Mumbai

tanmayj

Hi,

I'm a user of Airtel HD.

I've used Tata Sky HD and Dish HD (for a short while) in the past.

My requirements (in order):

1) Max. number of HD channels
2) Good picture quality - especially with HD channels
3) At-least 5.1 sound for HD is a must!
4) Good SD picture quality.

I chucked Tata Sky because they were severely limited in their HD channel count. Otherwise no problems with picture/ sound quality across the board with Tata Sky.

I chucked Dish TV because I believe they are a bunch of fraudsters with their 'HD Channel count' (upscaled channels being marketed as HD Channels). Besides (at-least in early 2011) they had stereo audio across the board.
All Dish TV loyalists, please save your breath - there's no way I'm going to go in for Dish TV again.

I dont have any specific complaints with Airtel, but somebody suggested to me that Hathway delivers all that Airtel does and at cheaper rates. Besides with Dish TV, you dont face the infamous signal-loss-during-rains problem.

1) Will Hathway users in Mumbai corroborate the above?
2) Can I have a list of HD channels that Hathway gives out? I checked their website out but GOD it's LOUSY!
3) Can any Hathway user come forward and confirm if they have Dolby Audio? This is most important and can be a make or break factor regardless of everything else.
4) If they do, how do they get rid of the transmission loss issue during rains?
5) Is there any place in Mumbai where we can go check out Hathway signals?

In Mumbai Following HD channels are available:

1-Star movies
2-Movies now
3-Zee studio
4-Star gold
5-Zee cinema
6-ESPN
7-Star cricket
8-Six
9-Star plus
10-Colors
11-UTV stars
12-Sony
13-Star world
14-Cnbc prime
15-NGC
16-History tv18
17-Discovery world HD
18-Travel xp
19-M tunes

Umapati/ just4kix: Any words of wisdom about the respective quality of Videocon/ Hathway wrt Airtel or Tata Sky?

Also, umapati - do you have a dish on your roof just like other vendors, or do they have like one large dish for the entire locality and stream cables from there? Do they get around the monsoon transmission issue actually? How much are you paying for all this?

Umapati/ just4kix: Any words of wisdom about the respective quality of Videocon/ Hathway wrt Airtel or Tata Sky?

Also, umapati - do you have a dish on your roof just like other vendors, or do they have like one large dish for the entire locality and stream cables from there? Do they get around the monsoon transmission issue actually? How much are you paying for all this?

Its on Hathway network thru my local cable operator(He also gets digital input from Hathway Headend-no need if local Dish antena).No need of roof dish antena..Out of all above channels following channels have Dolby digital sound output..:
Star Movies
Movies Now
Zee Studio
Star Gold
Sony Six
Star Plus
Colors
Sony
Star World
History TV18
Discovery World HD

Rs.245/month for SD channels and Rs.2250/year separately for HD package..

I have seen Hathway Digital Cable at my relative's home. It is quite good. No idea about package price.

I have seen Videocon D2H in showrooms. The PQ appears to be on par with TataSky and this is affirmed by FM's here. Annual price for Platinum HD pack (max channels) is Rs. 5540. Comparatively, TataSky charges Rs. 6400 for Mega HD pack (North) and has 10 less HD channels.

Its on Hathway network thru my local cable operator(He also gets digital input from Hathway Headend-no need if local Dish antena).No need of roof dish antena..Out of all above channels following channels have Dolby digital sound output..:
Star Movies
Movies Now
Zee Studio
Star Gold
Sony Six
Star Plus
Colors
Sony
Star World
History TV18
Discovery World HD

Rs.245/month for SD channels and Rs.2250/year separately for HD package..

Which Area of Mumbai are you in Umapati?
I am in Vile Parle East but currently unable to receive the foll:
Six, UTV Stars, History TV18.

I just got Hathway HD installed (middle of March 13).

i m in Goregaon-w, m also not getting above 3 channels in hd. bought hd settopbox just to see ipl in hd :( calls to cablewala hv not yielded any result:mad:

I m from Mulund & getting all these channels in HD...

Thanks folks!
Just check the after sales as well for others . Tata is way ahead on service support . No one close to them . Also Heard that D2H has signal issues as well . Pricing is the best with D2H . Also the STB with D2H is leased . Read TnC

100 pure HD (1080i) channels do not exist in India with the broadcasters. How can anyone promise that? These must be pseudo-HD upscaled channels just like the trick Dish-TV is playing.

100 pure HD (1080i) channels do not exist in India with the broadcasters. How can anyone promise that? These must be pseudo-HD upscaled channels just like the trick Dish-TV is playing.

But the point is you are getting 100 upscaled hd channels which are way better than sd channels...

But the point is you are getting 100 upscaled hd channels which are way better than sd channels...
I humbly beg to differ. It depends upon the hardware used. My AVR can do upscaling too but I am not impressed. If 7star cable is giving 100 HD channels at SD pricing then great. Please consider pricing too. I have nothing against 7star but when advertising is misleading, the "purist" in me springs to defend. :)

I humbly beg to differ. It depends upon the hardware used. My AVR can do upscaling too but I am not impressed. If 7star cable is giving 100 HD channels at SD pricing then great. Please consider pricing too. I have nothing against 7star but when advertising is misleading, the "purist" in me springs to defend. :)

+1 to that buddy.

Guys how is 7star cable... I have heard they have around 100 hd channels

I am using 7star cable since 3 years. Been using their HD service since past 9 months and I am really impressed

They have 40 HD channels and few more are going to start. I pay 300 extra per connection for HD channels + 4 or 5 Hollywood movie channels (HBO East, Cinemax, etc) and around 30 movie on demand channels

Movie on demand is different from Tata Sky. Sont have to pay per movie but a fix amount per month for video on demand. It has new hindi movies, hindi classics, and new and old hollywood movies. Movies change every friday

Soon they are going to start 3d channels

On some other thread I had posted the list of all HD channels they broadcast

Hathway quality is very good. Saw it at my sisters place last weekend in Mumbai. Have no idea about the price.

By the way, is this seven stars available in mumbai?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back