Any user review for wharfedale diamond 8.1 ??

diplomat

Dear Members,
Pl let me know, if any body owns Wharfedale 8.1 speakers as front ones in 5.1 setup? If so, kindly share your views on this thread. I hope, the units need to go along with 10 inch driver sub with min 100w rms for effective punch. What you all feel. I need to integrate them with WH2 from same company and hope blending will be ok. I had a plan to go for 9.1 series, but users on internet don't find much diff for the additional money we pay. Kindly put forward your comments soon....
Thanks in advance.

When I had heard Diamond 8 series first, I was very unimpressed. I didn't get the sound I was hoping for, from a well reputed Wharfedale speakers.

But Wharfedale speakers have a reputation of being value for money. So I guess you would be okay with them.

Just another suggestion, but do take a look at complete home theater packages. Mordaunt Short has some affordable HT packages which have a nice sound.

Dear Ranjeet,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I already own Marantz SR300 along with WH2. I am using the existing speakers of AIWA NSX999MK2 as front ones. Hence, what I need is two diamonds for FL and FR along with SW, pref. from Wharfedale for tonal matching. The question is, if I go for bigger driver on FR and FL, the SW shall be of still bigger size. Hence with 4 inch drivers in wh2, i feel 5 inch on fl and fr with 10 inch for sw shall be ok.......

I am sorry I am not answering your question. I am rather advising you to sell off your current speakers and go for an HT package. You would get a better sound.

Dear Ranjeet,
The question is, if I go for bigger driver on FR and FL, the SW shall be of still bigger size. Hence with 4 inch drivers in wh2, i feel 5 inch on fl and fr with 10 inch for sw shall be ok.......

if you are really on a very tight budget , go for the Wharfedale diamonds , if you can stretch a little bit , try the mission m33i .

regards

Hi,
The 8.1 are good value for money and will give you a decent sound, having said that if you can stretch a bit then please go for 8.3 they are much better and will match the WH series and also are very capable sounding speaker for music,for sub you can go for SW150 which is a very good match for both 8.3's aswell as WH series. this way keeping your existing setup,you will get a better sound if you as suggested is not ready to sell of the speakers and look for complete HTS package !

Regards.

thanks for all your kind words. as said correctly,i am inclined to diamond 8.1 for the sake of budget and space (mounted on wall type). Front firing type SW150 is high priced as compared to powercube series, which are down firing type. some how don't u all feel that for movies, downfiring overtakes the other design with good driver size even with same rms?? any of u have exp. with powercube series SW, i mean in comp. to SW series.... kindly share ur ideas....

Hi,

yes the Sw series may be costlier then PC series ! I've heard them both and to me PC didn't do the trick ! SW did ( sounds very decent in both music and movie scenario )

As with the down firing design is concerned I always didn't like them if not hate them they sound too weird at times and also they have their own sound (having to face the floor directly and having too little breathing gap etc etc can be attributed this phenomena ) !

I've heard tons of DF and FF subs so this is what I think

I always 100% preferred the front firing subs ( this is my personal opinion ! but I do think there are many who'd agree with me)

Regards.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back