Anyone used USB HUB with Nvidia Shield TV 2017 16GB ?

ranojoy

I have been reading up a bit about using a USB hub to expand the number of USB inputs beyond the 2 that this model offers.
I'm getting conflicting info from the Shield forum :-

Has anyone here actually used a hub (powered or unpowered) with the Shield 2017 ?
Would love to have some sort of confirmation before spending any money ....

I have been reading up a bit about using a USB hub to expand the number of USB inputs beyond the 2 that this model offers.
I'm getting conflicting info from the Shield forum :-

Has anyone here actually used a hub (powered or unpowered) with the Shield 2017 ?
Would love to have some sort of confirmation before spending any money ....
Hello,

I have been using the below mentioned USB Hub with Shield 2017 since last ten months.

I connect 3 2TB HDDs at the same time using this hub and it works flawlessly. I bought this because one fine day, my Shield could not detect an HDD. While the same HDD was detected by my laptop, PC and mobile. So, after various research; i got this USB hub and there has been no looking back since.

I am using below USB 3 hub with Shield 2017 since close to 20 months.Got this as needed 3 USB port to connect 2 Hard disks and a dongle.

https://www.amazon.in/iBall-Piano-430-Super-Fast-Black/dp/B07X1KWG2Y

Though it has a port for power option(did not came with adapter) , but using it unpowered. 2TB HDD is connected to this hub along with dongle for a gamepad/remote and occasionally pen drive.
Another 1 TB HDD is connected directly to 2nd Shield USB port via USB extension cable.
Did not see observed any issue as such. Wanted to attach power adapter to make it powered initially but was not able to find any power adapter.
Since it was working fine so did not explored that option later.

Reason for getting this - this was one of the cheapest USB 3 Hub available at that time :)

Hello,

I have been using the below mentioned USB Hub with Shield 2017 since last ten months.

I connect 3 2TB HDDs at the same time using this hub and it works flawlessly. I bought this because one fine day, my Shield could not detect an HDD. While the same HDD was detected by my laptop, PC and mobile. So, after various research; i got this USB hub and there has been no looking back since.
Bought the 7 USB version of this. Working fine. I'm using a few 1 TB and 5 TB HDDs simultaneously. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back