Anyone who built a Mini Theatre or Dedicated HT PJ Room ?

Well, that is something you can always add later if you want/have to. That does not need any additional planning before you build the room. ;-)

Soamz,

By going through the foot light route it will get you more closer to a real theater effect and if this has to be done then needless to say it has to be during the construction stage.

The other windfall of such a light is that it can be controlled via remote.

V.

Yes, I thought about it , but I have to check what solutions we have for achieving that .

What I can think is a LED layer which is readily available in the market and just pasting it to the carpet. But lets see, how firmly it can stay.

All this can be the done in the end interior design phase.

Last edited:
Soamz,

By going through the foot light route it will get you more closer to a real theater effect and if this has to be done then needless to say it has to be during the construction stage.

The other windfall of such a light is that it can be controlled via remote.

V.

Got a link ?
I can then ask someone locally.

hi i have setup a dedicated HT room... but this one has only 1 row of recliners due to space constraint. its 22 feet length and 15 feet width room. Having 10 feet by 8 feet screen, with the projection distance of 14 feet to get 140 inches screen projection.

if you want to have 3 rows of recliners then just increase the length of the room to few more feets and also width proportionate to it....

hi i have setup a dedicated HT room... but this one has only 1 row of recliners due to space constraint. its 22 feet length and 15 feet width room. Having 10 feet by 8 feet screen, with the projection distance of 14 feet to get 140 inches screen projection.

if you want to have 3 rows of recliners then just increase the length of the room to few more feets and also width proportionate to it....

Can you share some pictures of the room ? :clapping:

And I have something similar setup and I have dropped the recliners plan, since the space issue is there.

My room size is 15 x 20 and screen size is 150 inch, so around 11 x 8 feet or so.

I will have something like this, (simple seats like you see in PVR or Inox)

home-tv-movie-theater-entertainment-room-interior--10e6c6e.jpg

This way, I can easily have 2-3 rows.

Ok if that is the case i think you can accomodate 3 rows... here you see few snaps of mine where i have only 2 full push back recliners. This one is a sound proof room with sound absorbers.

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Comfort Zone.jpg
    Comfort Zone.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 134
  • TheatreRoom 1.jpg
    TheatreRoom 1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 134
Nice.

What did you use for sound absorbers ?

And did you do cavity wall while construction and fill glass wool into it ?

Its nothing but normal notice board material which comes in big size sheet. I wrapped it with jude fabric...which is good absorber...

the cavity is 3 inches and i have filled it with glass wool...

Rayineedi,

I am thoroughly impressed with your dedicated movie room, this is what i call the power of personal entertainment room which gives you freedom to be away from the shackles of a multiplex. It requires real passion like yours and others to allot a full room for movies or be it the other forms of entertainment.

I will also say that you have taken a extra ordinary smart call by keeping minimum recliners due to room length issues in spite of you having a wonderful length of 22 feet. There is a another set of viewers who prefer to watch huge screens from a mere 8 feet even if they had a 20+ feet length. One of the major benefits of a good room length is that the room looks very spacious and gracious there by giving a more greater feel of a actual theater within the house which indeed needs to be backed by good interiors etc like yours. The take away point is that all viewing lengths are welcome as per choice of sensibilities etc.

I am also impressed that you do not have any normal tube light and all are of yellow type, this too is a great idea.

It surprises me that you have made the theater for more then 2 years ago and yet you did not showcase your wonderful theater.

I welcome you to the hall of fame for which you truly deserve.

V.

@rayineedi, Great looking HT room. I wish had 1 row of raised floor to give it a theater feel.
BTW, MDF boards for absorbtion?....Is it perforated? A bare MDF board will not help in absorption anyways.
Note: I assume you had left a space of 3" between the wall and another false wall filled with glasswool for sound proofing and MDF boards with glasswool backing for absorbtion.

Last edited:
Thanks all....

Ajith you are right...there is a gap left to fill it with glasswool...

if we have enough space we can go for step flooring...due to space constraint i didnt go for it... :)

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back