Apple Launches "iPad" I am drooling over this gadget..Checkout!!!

oh, so that transcoder is not there in the ipad? why would they leave that out? I thought the whole idea of the ipad was for it to be a large iphone

yes, it does have that and t can play HD videos as well, unlike half the netbooks which struggle to play a normal YouTube video.

i've watched HD youtube videos on my wife's netbook without any problems....it's a pretty crappy machine (a Sony Vaio, so not surprising) and I complain about it all the time, but this is one complaint that I don't have. And the newer netbooks, particularly the ones with the AMD chips and discrete graphics (closer to the price of the ipad) can belt out 1080p without a hitch I believe.

yes, it does have that and t can play HD videos as well, unlike half the netbooks which struggle to play a normal YouTube video.

not too sure, the specs say it supports h.264 if i remember right but not sure if all youtube videos will play ok or play at all. will wait to test drive it at imagine when it gets here. it also seemed like the pure wi-fi one without 3g cos it wasnt mentioned on the listing. even with the iphone i think they included the transcoder later on :rolleyes:

i've watched HD youtube videos on my wife's netbook without any problems....it's a pretty crappy machine (a Sony Vaio, so not surprising) and I complain about it all the time, but this is one complaint that I don't have. And the newer netbooks, particularly the ones with the AMD chips and discrete graphics (closer to the price of the ipad) can belt out 1080p without a hitch I believe.

That's a surprise - My OH has Acer and it honestly struggles to play HD videos. Agreed the newer one's with ion chipset are playing 1080p comfortably but the price bracket is too close to a fully blown laptop.

will check again and confirm. I have this strong recollectoin of watching Joe Bonamassa's "Stop" in HD on it....btw, check that video out on youtube....in HD......and thank me later :)

That's a surprise - My OH has Acer and it honestly struggles to play HD videos. Agreed the newer one's with ion chipset are playing 1080p comfortably but the price bracket is too close to a fully blown laptop.

will check again and confirm. I have this strong recollectoin of watching Joe Bonamassa's "Stop" in HD on it....btw, check that video out on youtube....in HD......and thank me later :)

Just watched it, Loved the Guitar & Drums. Thanks and I've added into my list of Favorites. Please do share them in Currently I'm listening thread Psychotropic - I've got lots of music through that.

The quality the HD bought to the video was amazing, It takes it to another level. I've stopped watching non-HD videos on Youtube :D and get often criticized for it.

Also do search for Sandpiper Kisses - That's my current favorite. Sorry about going very OT

Last edited:
I honestly think the name couldve been better,I mean Ipad seriously,whats next Itampon? Ipad heavy flow,this just sounds wrong boss.

Notion Ink Adam will disappear like all the iphone killers .
Will even help the ipad build more market ...

The huge brand image of apple and marketing strategy
is responsible.
Beautiful ipad multitouch screen already got the market .

But I feel proud of Notion Ink.

Heres a note on iPad vs Yet to be launched Notion Ink device Apples iPad vs Notion Inks Adam tablet with Ubuntu: battle of two worlds sola's blog

Cheers

Interesting article...everything against iPad and in favour of Tegra 2,....mmmm lets look at few of the comments...

Smart phones were dripping in high technology and features but the iPhone still wiped the floor with them. How hard is it to understand, it is the experience and the ecosystem! Period.

Someting I said on the first page of the thread itself.......

Too bad we live in the real world where the numbers tell the tale.

Fact is Apple entered the PMP business and crushed all comers with the iPod and funny enough everyone was deriding the original iPod at the time with the same prognostications of failure.

Apple entered the phone market and it was beyond wildly successful. It launched a slew of copycat devices, some just complete rips of the styling and OS functionality. Yes I am talking about WebOS and Android

So Apple releases a tablet and the same geeks scream about how Linux can do so much more, blah blah blah. (notice the similarity with the post I had at the first page with the same blah blah blah...)

See a pattern here? Of course you dont because you are in self denial about Linux taking over the world.

After 8 pages I still rest my case.......:)

Interesting article...everything against iPad and in favour of Tegra 2,....mmmm lets look at few of the comments...

Someting I said on the first page of the thread itself.......

After 8 pages I still rest my case.......:)

Apple launched Apple TV - and world is talking about WDTV,XMP,PCH ..................

Apple TV when launched was way ahead of the market in concept, seamless integration and user interface. My gripe is that they have not updated the device since it was launched and competition has gone ahead on features and resolution. Still I doubt if they have an equally good interface. As I decide between POHD, WDTV and Xtreamer, what I really wish for is an updated Apple TV.

Apple launched Apple TV - and world is talking about WDTV,XMP,PCH ..................

Apple TV when launched was way ahead of the market in concept, seamless integration and user interface. My gripe is that they have not updated the device since it was launched and competition has gone ahead on features and resolution. Still I doubt if they have an equally good interface. As I decide between POHD, WDTV and Xtreamer, what I really wish for is an updated Apple TV.

In the end it is flop ........and it was too overpriced compared to US$ 100 WDTV & WDTV Live which is far better with 1080 P and HD audio support and no propritary BS of apple.

Ditto about sony - I've seen roaring sales of PS2 and they were confident about PS3 .......rest is sales history!!A dated technogy console called wii ripped it apart......:eek:hyeah:

I agree that they are completely behind market right now on pricing as well as features. This market gets updated every 6 months and Apple is now 2 years behind and obviously minimal market share.

However, I still have hope that they will update Apple TV and bring it upto date with others. If its at par with others I have no gripe over paying 4-5k ($100) extra for the excellent user experience. It will blend in seamlessly with my iMac, Macbook and iPods

In the end it is flop ........and it was too overpriced compared to US$ 100 WDTV & WDTV Live which is far better with 1080 P and HD audio support and no propritary BS of apple.

Ditto about sony - I've seen roaring sales of PS2 and they were confident about PS3 .......rest is sales history!!A dated technogy console called wii ripped it apart......:eek:hyeah:

competitors for apple iPad:
competition to apple Ipad | Myappleipad

not related to iPad, can anybody help me giving an idea on how to implement a touch based scroll on a simple monitor..
I was thinking of putting something over the monitor, as a transparent cover over the screen which detects touch..is any such hardware available..
I would basically need it for scrolling pages.. something similar to what the modern touch screen cellphones do with images and web pages..(5800 xpressMusic comes to mind)

Any thoughts welcome..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back