Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

Great to see you Mukesh here as well.

Yes Shop and Ship seems to be a great service but I guess it will be beneficial for the prospective users to know some shady practices they follow.

I ordered Dell Streak from the US and it landed here in India few days back.

In the first place they charged me a whopping 3000 for the duty. I had to get in touch with the product head Anuradha Iyer to get some of that amount waived off. And later when I found the packet, i realized that the packet was opened by the Aramex guys in the name of security and my 32GB SD card was not in there. My device is not even booting up perfectly since the update files and other drivers were on the memory card.

Even Mukesh lost memory cards from two of his packets (probably his loss was not so big so he didn't bother to mention).

I am still grinding my ass with those guys to reach to a settlement but I guess It'll be a long shot.

Make sure you guys go with some kind of insurance before you handover all your stuff to them.

friend sushsnt ,
thank you for use full post ,
whats the way :sad::sad::sad: [[Make sure you guys go with some kind of insurance before you handover all your stuff to them]]
pl tell how i do or hi fi friends do :cool::cool::cool:

somen

Yes Shop and Ship seems to be a great service but I guess it will be beneficial for the prospective users to know some shady practices they follow.

In the first place they charged me a whopping 3000 for the duty. I had to get in touch with the product head Anuradha Iyer to get some of that amount waived off. And later when I found the packet, i realized that the packet was opened by the Aramex guys in the name of security and my 32GB SD card was not in there. My device is not even booting up perfectly since the update files and other drivers were on the memory card.

Even Mukesh lost memory cards from two of his packets (probably his loss was not so big so he didn't bother to mention).

I am still grinding my ass with those guys to reach to a settlement but I guess It'll be a long shot.

Make sure you guys go with some kind of insurance before you handover all your stuff to them.

Hi Sushant.

Yeah this is indeed correct that memory card from 2 of my phones were missing and I did not bother but I am 99% sure that it has been done at Delhi customs.

From the other forum (I don't know if it is allowed to mention others forums name here) I got to know about this service, I think members got some 50-60 phones (Orange San Francisco) from UK through Aramex Shop n Ship. And now people are importing Samsung Galaxy from US ebay. And almost all of them are happy. (one can google for few words mentioned here. Mods please let me know if I can share the exact link).

And the memory card missing problem is just to for the Delhi/NCR people. So, my calculation says that it is to do with Delhi customs and not with Aramex.

Recently I bought a HDD eSata Dock from amazon.com US and when I got the information from Aramex that they have a product in my US address, it was mentioned as is "Electronics" which attracts more custom duty. I sent a mail to Anuradha and she promptly changed the category to "Computer Accessory".And you know what, I got it today and zero custom was charged on it, the delivery guy just took the shipping charges.

Overall, I am happy with their service. :)

Last edited:
Somehow my first experience with Aramex made me real dissatisfied with their services.

The tapes used to pack the packet again were from Aramex so no I don't think Customs did that. Has to be Aramex guys.

Sushant,

Last year I got an Alpine Car Stereo through Bordelinx and even in that the packet was opened and re-sealed by DHL Tape. So, I guess it is the courier company's job (it the custom people ask) to open the packets, get it checked and then re-seal it. And it that process, they use their name printed tapes.

Maybe you are right that Aramex people are stealing memory cards. But it is my opinion that it was done at Delhi customs.

friend mukesh

you both are said sent mail to [[I sent a mail to Anuradha and she promptly changed the category to "Computer Accessory".And you know what, I got it today and zero custom was charged on it, the delivery guy just took the shipping charges.]]

who is she ????Anuradha???????

there fore buy any thing , any problem ,every time talk to:eek::eek::eek: Anuradha

somen

Hi mg,

Great info.Thanks for sharing.But when i try to register it is asking for entity code.Can you tell me what it is?

Thanks,
sri

SNS10VSCH its working still.
Is this fee life time?I can read thats its activation fee,is it once for all?

If it says activation fee, it should be one time only. :)

I thought that bcose I read somewhere the cost will be to maintain mailbox.
Is Shop&Buy really cheaper than shopyourworld which is another option on same website?

No idea. Have not used any other service than borderlinx and aramex.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk.

Hi Friends,
Need your help here.I have created the shop and ship account on aramex m the coupon code is still working .
now the question is If i use the US/UK address provided by aramex ,the shipment will be shipped to the repective US/Uk address but Now how do i intimate Aramaex that this shipment belongs to me and should be shipped to my address.
I know it is a very basic question and i am missing something:sad: but i searched the aramex site but unable to find anything relevant.

Please reply so that i can start shopping
Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi Friends,
Need your help here.I have created the shop and ship account on aramex m the coupon code is still working .
now the question is If i use the US/UK address provided by aramex ,the shipment will be shipped to the respective US/Uk address but Now how do i intimate Aramaex that this shipment belongs to me and should be shipped to my address.
I know it is a very basic question and i am missing something:sad: but i searched the aramex site but unable to find anything relevant.

Also how can i combine different orders (from different sellers) in a single shipment to save on the shipping cost.

Also how can i calculate the exact shipping charges and how to pay the shipping charges.

Last edited:
Hi Ben,
you must have got some account No.(like post office Box no.),secondly your name will be registered,so the order will be delivered to you only.
For 2 shipments,you need to email to aramex brfore placing order & they may help you accordingly.
Finally the shipping is charged depending on weight,so there wont me much difference in total shipping,but you may have to pay Customs due to big parcel.

Never used SYW, but their conversion rate is bit high as good as 62+ INR per $. Where as in any of my direct amazon purchases never crossed 46 to 47 per $.

Hi.

When you registered, you must have got an email with address like:

Your personal US shipping address is:
Your Name / DEL 99
147-29 182nd Street
Springfield Gardens,NY 11413

Your personal UK shipping address is:
Your Name / DEL 99
Aramex House Old Bath Road Colnbrook
Slough,Berkshire SL3 0NS
Phone: 01753689898

In the above addresses "DEL 99" is your specific mail box code. Anything that comes with this code will be forwarded to you only.

I think with Aramex, you cannot combine orders from different sellers. (Even if you can, cost difference is not much). For confirmation, send then an email.

For calculation you can take Rs.500/- approx per 500gms or part and you pay that when the product is delivered to you in India.

Hi Friends,
now the question is If i use the US/UK address provided by aramex ,the shipment will be shipped to the respective US/Uk address but Now how do i intimate Aramaex that this shipment belongs to me and should be shipped to my address.

Also how can i combine different orders (from different sellers) in a single shipment to save on the shipping cost.

Also how can i calculate the exact shipping charges and how to pay the shipping charges.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back