Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

Hi Guys,

I did Import Heavy Items from US ebay through borderlinx in the recent past. Like a Sunfire Receiver and Bose LS 28 full package and another subwoofer Weighing around 21 kgs. For the LS 28 they went by volume and said 70 kgs. So LS 28 I paid around 21K freight and Duty to Borderlinx. I felt it was reasonable but I had a call from DHL that there is price enhancement and I had to pay extra duty. In fact my Receiver and other Subwoofer which had come also faced the same problem. Receiver the price enhancement was almost 5 times.

So I had met the Customs Officer and it went up to the level of Asst. Commisioner and I could atlast convince him with all facts and figures and cleared the consignment.

So all I want to say is that when ever you are told by the courier co. for additional duties you can always meet the customs official and deal it directly.

Another point I want to tell here is that any pilferage in the consignment is only the handy work of the courier guys as all the customs officers are highly dignified !!!!!! and they don't care for a Memory chip or some small fringes.

My consignment was opened 3 times for evaluation once it was in my presence. The practice is that the Authority is bringing the consignment from the bonded stores and opening the same but all physical labour was done by the respective courier co. guys only and repacking is done by the courier guys only with their packing materials and tapes.

In fact I wanted to import one Remote control from ebay the borderlinx quote for the same was triple the cost of the remote.

Hence in a nut shell I think for small Items, co like Aramex may be ok and for larger items we have to depend on co like borderlinx who has a tie up with DHL.

So I am going to try the remote with Aramex.

Any how thanks for the poster of this thread and for others for reading my Novel here.

Hi Guys,

I did Import Heavy Items from US ebay through borderlinx in the recent past. Like a Sunfire Receiver and Bose LS 28 full package and another subwoofer Weighing around 21 kgs. For the LS 28 they went by volume and said 70 kgs. So LS 28 I paid around 21K freight and Duty to Borderlinx. I felt it was reasonable but I had a call from DHL that there is price enhancement and I had to pay extra duty. In fact my Receiver and other Subwoofer which had come also faced the same problem. Receiver the price enhancement was almost 5 times.

So I had met the Customs Officer and it went up to the level of Asst. Commisioner and I could atlast convince him with all facts and figures and cleared the consignment.

So all I want to say is that when ever you are told by the courier co. for additional duties you can always meet the customs official and deal it directly.

Another point I want to tell here is that any pilferage in the consignment is only the handy work of the courier guys as all the customs officers are highly dignified !!!!!! and they don't care for a Memory chip or some small fringes.

My consignment was opened 3 times for evaluation once it was in my presence. The practice is that the Authority is bringing the consignment from the bonded stores and opening the same but all physical labour was done by the respective courier co. guys only and repacking is done by the courier guys only with their packing materials and tapes.

In fact I wanted to import one Remote control from ebay the borderlinx quote for the same was triple the cost of the remote.

Hence in a nut shell I think for small Items, co like Aramex may be ok and for larger items we have to depend on co like borderlinx who has a tie up with DHL.

So I am going to try the remote with Aramex.

Any how thanks for the poster of this thread and for others for reading my Novel here.

I didnt get the point in choosing Borderlinx over aramex although I haven't used both of them. If Borderlinx charged extra for your delivery and put u in such a mess that you personally had to go and handle the situation then what was the use of Borderlinx? The same service could be easily provided by Aramex, there was nothing special. Moreover, Borderlinx is specially for Citi card holders, what about other card holders? if you want to try other website, then try icc worldwide or 20north.com. no marketing of these sites :)

In the end i think for heavier items its better we purchase them locally. Since on various research i chked the prices of respective items and the difference is double. If an item costs 1usd, in india it becomes 2usd. So why triple it through borderlinx or any other website. For light weight items we should consider such sites.

No offence meant to anyone!

peace

cheers!

Seems like Aramex provides service only to limited areas in Chennai. My area postal code was not accepted while I tried to register.

You can register with a nearby area postal code and then send them an email to update your postal code. :)

I didnt buy but yes tried the price, marginal difference is there, the difference arises if the seller of the item is in a US state which levies VAT/Taxes. I was quoted Onkyo SR608 for 30900 by ICCWORLDWIDE and they said kindly chose from sellers who dnt levy the same. They even suggested some sites and the difference amounts to 20-50 usd.

but still Onkyo SR608 @30900 is good buy considering its being sold for 37-38k.

I am having trouble with the aramex street address. It accepted once, but later when I tried to edit (to change phone number) it did not allow the street address.
A seller has now communicated that he is not able to ship as he is not able to enter the address via ebay or paypal. I am not sure why he needs to input that, but my purchases are now stuck!

damn it sucks! My ebay account got suspended. I don't really know who to thank, aramex or ebay. Calling ebay US support is such a pain - after long holds, it seems that calls are deliberately hanged up in middle of the conversation.
Really very much pissed off with both aramex and ebay.

Last edited:
What I did was buying from UK, in my ebay.in account, I added one more address:

My Name
Del xx
Aramex House Old Bath Road Colnbrook
Slough, Berkshire SL3 0NS
United Kingdom
(01753) 689898

And made it my primary address (temporarily for buying from eBay.UK), I did not create a new ebay account.

The correct format to give your address in various websites is:

for US:
http://www.aramex.com/shopandship/how_to_use.aspx?picid=US

for US:
http://www.aramex.com/shopandship/how_to_use.aspx?picid=UK

If you did it right, please send an email to Aramex and matter should be solved. For eBay, please contact eBay India, no need to call to eBay US.

thanks guys. Problem is with US address.
I entered the address while logged in to ebay.in and it took it smoothly.
Later when I was logged on to ebay.com it said invalid street address and did not match postal data.
I did the same mgdelhi. Made the aramex US address as my primary shipping address.

can someone tell me how to call ebay India cc? It was my first try with ebay and it is not going in the right direction.

hmm I think I know what is the issue. I thought New York is the city, while it is Springfield Gardens. I can't go and change my address now anyways.

Has anyone ordered a laptop from dell US and had it shipped to aramex address? Im thinking of doing that for the new DELL VOSTRO V13 which is on sale at 399$.

How easy is aramax ? What about customs duty ? ::

Last edited:
This message is in response to the response to my post by midnitefreakin. I just would like to emphasis here to his quote that

""If Borderlinx charged extra for your delivery and put u in such a mess that you personally had to go and handle the situation then what was the use of Borderlinx?""

Please note that Border linx might have charged me more with regard to freight but they did not put me in any mess as we are paying the Duty to BL based on the purchase price or the price mentioned by us. Whereas Customs authorities are at their liberty and right to revalue any consignment according to Market or International prices. It is only up to us to meet them with our Purchase proof and convince them otherwise be ready to pay the enhanced duty imposed by the customs authority.
N
So it can happen to any consignment shipped by any courier or C&F agency.

I thought I can share this to the forum as this may remove the image that courier agency is trying to put the consumer in a mess with regard to Duties. Not only that if we meet the authorities directly we can avoid the hiked claims by the middle man or so called agents.

This message is in response to the response to my post by midnitefreakin. I just would like to emphasis here to his quote that

""If Borderlinx charged extra for your delivery and put u in such a mess that you personally had to go and handle the situation then what was the use of Borderlinx?""

Please note that Border linx might have charged me more with regard to freight but they did not put me in any mess as we are paying the Duty to BL based on the purchase price or the price mentioned by us. Whereas Customs authorities are at their liberty and right to revalue any consignment according to Market or International prices. It is only up to us to meet them with our Purchase proof and convince them otherwise be ready to pay the enhanced duty imposed by the customs authority.
N
So it can happen to any consignment shipped by any courier or C&F agency.

I thought I can share this to the forum as this may remove the image that courier agency is trying to put the consumer in a mess with regard to Duties. Not only that if we meet the authorities directly we can avoid the hiked claims by the middle man or so called agents.

thanks for the reply. But with your comments you mean to say, Aramex would not have done the same that DHL did? Customs on electronics item - like receivers and all is 24% (others correct me if I am wrong), even if they claim you have to pay more duty what would borderlinx do or would have done that aramex won't?

Its merely an event of luck! borderlinx, aramex dsnt make much of a difference. moreover, Borderlinx is for citi card holders what abt others?

I am asking for info and not any argument! as I plan to order an av receiver in a months time. so your inputs would help me. btw try iccworldwide.com once, since they claim to be the oldest in this business. If u find anything valuable let us all knw.

Canadians are smarter. I got one of my ebay item shipped to aramex address. Zip code is there so a person can easily figure out the city.

Not so great experience with ebay. Have written to them several times, tried on phone. Have given up on ebay now.

hmm I think I know what is the issue. I thought New York is the city, while it is Springfield Gardens. I can't go and change my address now anyways.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back