Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

Never used SYW, but their conversion rate is bit high as good as 62+ INR per $. Where as in any of my direct amazon purchases never crossed 46 to 47 per $.

But if you check price on the libk,it is much less than amazon as they charge all custom at the same time.
So do you say that if someone purchase new Onk608 which shows costing Rs.23000(for new)including shipping will have any other extra charges & price can be higher than amazon direct purchase?
What can be final cost?

friend spirovious

But if you check price on the libk it is much less than amazon as they charge all custom at the same time.

####libk#####:eek::eek::eek:
give full name or which it mean

somen

Last edited:
For calculation you can take Rs.500/- approx per 500gms or part and you pay that when the product is delivered to you in India.

That would add up quickly if the items are heavy. I have shopped with SYW and they charge Rs 384/KG for shipping from UK. The conversion rate was higher by about 50% (~ Rs 110/GBP), but it included shipping cost for 5kg. For every extra KG, you pay Rs 384 (or less sometimes, depending on their whim).

I had checked the shipping/custom costs with borderlinx and SYW was much cheaper (My item was both large and heavy). I would be very keen to know someone's experience in shipping larger/heavier items through ARAMEX.

Last edited:
My Credit Card charged me Rs. 228.50 today. thanks a lot for this thread

now just wondering what to start purchase and think about the shipping and customs charges

That would add up quickly if the items are heavy. I have shopped with SYW and they charge Rs 384/KG for shipping from UK. The conversion rate was higher by about 50% (~ Rs 110/GBP), but it included shipping cost for 5kg. For every extra KG, you pay Rs 384 (or less sometimes, depending on their whim).

I had checked the shipping/custom costs with borderlinx and SYW was much cheaper (My item was both large and heavy). I would be very keen to know someone's experience in shipping larger/heavier items through ARAMEX.

Well, Aramex is not good for large items if you are getting Rs.384/- per kg.

Aramex is good for smaller/lighter items and/or for the items you want to get in 2-3 days from US/UK to your home.

Edit: You can mail them and ask shipping charges for heavier item (you can also mention that you don't mind getting it in 8-10 days instead of 2-3 days if it brings down the cost).

Well, Aramex is not good for large items if you are getting Rs.384/- per kg.

Aramex is good for smaller/lighter items and/or for the items you want to get in 2-3 days from US/UK to your home.

Edit: You can mail them and ask shipping charges for heavier item (you can also mention that you don't mind getting it in 8-10 days instead of 2-3 days if it brings down the cost).

any specific mail id or general cause i would also like the clarity on the customs

You can mail to general mail id of Aramex Shop and Ship India (if it is there on their website) with a CC to Anuradha Iyer - Product Head - Shop & Ship (India) at [email protected]

friend spirovious

But if you check price on the libk it is much less than amazon as they charge all custom at the same time.

####libk#####:eek::eek::eek:
give full name or which it mean

somen

Today I compared both sites & Amazon says that duty/taxes may be charged ahead of delivery(with Yamaha 663)-

See below final price.
Amazon price around Rs.30k.

SYW has lower price & customs seperately-

So will Final/landig price with amazon be still less? :rolleyes:

thanks a lot for resolving all queries, Now one important question.
Will there be any custom duty that needs to be paid . If yes then how can we calculate that exactly.
i am getting eager to start my shopping experience with aramex.

Hi.

When you registered, you must have got an email with address like:

Your personal US shipping address is:
Your Name / DEL 99
147-29 182nd Street
Springfield Gardens,NY 11413

Your personal UK shipping address is:
Your Name / DEL 99
Aramex House Old Bath Road Colnbrook
Slough,Berkshire SL3 0NS
Phone: 01753689898

In the above addresses "DEL 99" is your specific mail box code. Anything that comes with this code will be forwarded to you only.

I think with Aramex, you cannot combine orders from different sellers. (Even if you can, cost difference is not much). For confirmation, send then an email.

For calculation you can take Rs.500/- approx per 500gms or part and you pay that when the product is delivered to you in India.

But if you check price on the libk,it is much less than amazon as they charge all custom at the same time.
So do you say that if someone purchase new Onk608 which shows costing Rs.23000(for new)including shipping will have any other extra charges & price can be higher than amazon direct purchase?
What can be final cost?

Sorry Spiro, earlier I thought the price is only of the Item.If it includes shipping..then it definitely a good price.

Hi Mgdelhi,
I have checked with amarex and the prices mentioned by you as rs500 per 500 gm is custom charges and shipping charges which amarex guys are telling is way high approx 1500 per 500 gram.
I know you have already received your stuff but I am really confused , can anybody guide me what are the shipping charges and how to proceed with order.

Hi Guys,

I have used borderlinx in the past and now I have come across this service from Aramex.

It turned out to be so much cheaper that I got a phone from UK and the estimate I got from Borderlinx is Rs.4,913 for shipping, taxes and customs (pic enclosed) and I paid Rs.523/- as shipping and Rs.77/- for customs to Aramaex Ship and Ship. So, the total is Rs.600/- as against Rs.4,913/- by Borderlinx. :yahoo:

For, this you have to take member from Aramex Shop & Ship. The fee is US$ 35 but you can use a coupon code "SNS10VSCH" as I did and then you will need to pay just US$ 5 (Rs.234.81 was charged on my card).

I got it in December and hopeful that this coupon code works even now, if it does not, you can use "IND3957" to get it for US$ 10 according to their facebook page Shop&Ship India | Facebook.

I got 3 phones last month from UK and one more product is on its way from US.

Some points:

* Unlike Borderlinx, we do not need to pay for shipping, taxes and customs before getting the product. Their delivery person collects shipping and customs when they deliver the product so sometime, custom is not at at all charged so you don't pay for it.
* Average shipping price is Rs.500 approx per 500 gms and custom as per product category (actual charged by custom dept, you get a receipt of it). Custom duty on Cellphone is 1.03%, approx 15% on laptops, computer accessories and 24% on electronics)
* I got them in 2 days flat from UK to my home once and in 3 days twice.

I am very happy with their services and can get many products from US/UK now.

PS: I AM NOT ASSOCIATES WITH ARAMEX, JUST THOUGHT THAT THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USEFUL FOR FELLOW HFV MEMBERS. I actually got to know about Borderlinx from HFV and took benefit of it by getting few products. :)

Please see the enclosed pics.

Edit: 10.3% Service Tax is added to the price mentioned as "Shipment Charges".

Last edited:
Thank you for the real-life examples.

I've been thinking about using this service, but just have a worry that their charges are open-ended --- in the sense that the arrangement is like ship this for me and charge whatever you want.

Guys, as you might be knowing that I got 3 phones through aramex and out of these 2 had missing memory cards. I did not bother because of small amount and I can't surely say that these whose fault is it (Aramex/customs). but Sushant had complained about it because his loss was bigger (Dell Streak memory card) and he had mentioned my missing cards also in his complaint.

Anuradha called me few days ago to know the tracking details of those 2 shipments and guess what, yesterday she called me to ask the specifications of the missing micro sd cards because they are planning to send me 2 memory cards. :eek:hyeah:

I am sure once they are paying for the stolen memory cards, they will be very careful in next shipments with their own staff and/or custom people (whoever steal these memory card).

Good work Aramex. :clapping:

i believe ICCWorld courier rates are also competitive, I got a fixed quote for Rs 462 as shipping charges from the US for 0.6 KG

These things work fine for less weight items. The moment I think we all order some speaker package, the weight of Sub will kill the joy out of it :(

Has anyone bought any speaker system with a sub from these ppl?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back