Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

But would I have to pay British VAT if I import it? ;)

Well, there is a neem tree just outside the kitchen window, but I am fond of my electric toothbrush, which is just ground to a halt after about seven years.

Just sorry I wasn't able to say that I was trying out Aramex on something sound related :eek:

I have a doubt.I have updated amazon address given by Aramex.Now I can ship an item to US address.
1.But at what step Aramex will charge ?
2.Or at doorstep?
3.How to know exact final cost?

waterpik? no?, along with the braun?
It's a replacement handset for a kit including a spray thingy whatnot. The toothbrush itself is quite old-fashioned. Not sonic, not super-sonic... no sonic bangs in the mouth... :)
I have a doubt. ... How to know exact final cost?
Me too! I'll let you know how I get on!

Hi all,

I just got estimates from SYW and Aramex for a Philips 40" 120 Hz Edgelit LED Tv from Amazon US.

SYW uses higher conversion rates and extra shipping charge for >5kg. (TV is ~20kg)
Aramex has a high shipping and handling charges.

Customs duty works out to be slightly higher for SYW due to the higher item price.
Ultimately I got the total estimate from both in tunes of 51K INR.

I was hoping to get it somewhere in the 40K's but well... Now that both the budget and the 2011 LED models are around the corner, I'm thinking it may be better to wait rather than buy at this rate....

Any expert thoughts?

there are other brands such as samsung ,penny ,visio ..u will surely get better deal in other places apart from amazon .
beach camera is a wonderful store ... the repackage TV and offer good prices.

Got the following quote from ICC world..

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 28793
International Shipping: Rs. 9476
Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 9399
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL Rs. 47668

Seems cheaper than SYW, Aramex, Borderlinx..

Is this a good price for a 40" LED 120Hz TV? how much does similar model in any brand cost in india? I believe it is arnd 60K... Is the saving worth to cover lack of warranty? any thoughts ppl?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL Rs. 47668

Is this a good price for a 40" LED 120Hz TV? how much does similar model in any brand cost in india? I believe it is arnd 60K... Is the saving worth to cover lack of warranty? any thoughts ppl?
Thatz a good price but make sure seller "repackage the TV" well with one more box at the outside.

Basic LEDTV cartoons have thermocol ar the edges ..mid part is sometimes exposed. Else check for insurance,it will be 1% or so.
Also check the volume weight , many shipping cos [borderlinx etc...]charge on volume weight,if it is higher. repackaged TV may have more volume weight.

Last edited:

TOTAL Rs. 47668

to play safe just find out the cost of replacing HDMi ports if they go bad within a yr...do they replace the ports or the whole circuit? In sony they replace the whole circuit which costs a lot arnd 20k min. if so then it wnt make any sense taking so much of risk, then Indian piece would be better peace of mind and pocket :) otherwise I really like ICCWORLDWIDE.

I was inquiring about onkyo avr the lady personally called me up, and suggested few other site to save on cost as they one which i had selected was imposing some NY sales tax...they also claim that they are the oldest in this business...cnt confirm that though....

TOTAL Rs. 47668

to play safe just find out the cost of replacing HDMi ports if they go bad within a yr...do they replace the ports or the whole circuit? In sony they replace the whole circuit which costs a lot arnd 20k min. if so then it wnt make any sense taking so much of risk, then Indian piece would be better peace of mind and pocket :) otherwise I really like ICCWORLDWIDE.

I was inquiring about onkyo avr the lady personally called me up, and suggested few other site to save on cost as the one which i had selected was imposing some NY sales tax...they also claim that they are the oldest in this business...cnt confirm that though....

According to my Aramex page, they have charged me Rs.1196 for shipping. According to my bank, 22GBP has been debited.

Either someone is seriously messing about with exchange rates here, or I have an incomplete view of the situation. I reserve judgement until all is finalised, and I have goods, paperwork, etc.

But I paid in INR that too cash when the product was delivered at my place (that too, few days after they delivered the product in 2 out of 4 times).

At what point you gave them your bank/credit card details ?

According to my Aramex page, they have charged me Rs.1196 for shipping. According to my bank, 22GBP has been debited.

Either someone is seriously messing about with exchange rates here, or I have an incomplete view of the situation. I reserve judgement until all is finalised, and I have goods, paperwork, etc.

What is item price & weight?

But I paid in INR that too cash when the product was delivered at my place (that too, few days after they delivered the product in 2 out of 4 times).

At what point you gave them your bank/credit card details ?
Now, this not only sounds, but is really stupid: I'm not sure. Honest: I am not in the habit of handing out blank checks and credit card details :eek::eek::eek:

I guess I must have used it for the sign-up fee. I do not remember if I accepted anything like "charge fees to this account". Colour me stupid. I guess I must have done.

What is item price & weight?

36GBP, including British VAT, weight (according to Aramex) 1.14kg.

Well, this may turn out to be one of those expensive shopping mistakes. I've made plenty of those in my life, and I have no doubt I'll make plenty more!

(What's more, it is apparently on route for Mumbai. Well, the logistics of international shipping do not always make sense. I am sure it will be routed according to their convenience/cost benefit)

Last edited:
But it is not shipped to India: it is shipped to Aramex address in UK. I cannot see how the tax can be avoided in that case.

Back