Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

Hi, if you are going to use Aramex S&S please be aware:
1)They will collect customs duty and taxes and do not anticipate any proof for the customes/tax paid.
2)They will incorrectly charge you with excess package weight.
3)Any issue no one answer your phone.
Its my personal experience with Aramex and I have proof for what I have stated above.

Guys...Does anybody Used Aramex to Buy from BESTBUY Best Buy - Computers, Video Games, TVs, Cameras, Appliances, Phones ? My orders are keeps getting canceled.
To answer to my own question, got below message from Best Buy:
Hello Satya,
Ive had the chance to review your order and its my understanding it was cancelled because the shipping address you provided has been identified as a freight forwarder. Please remember that Best Buy does not ship to known freight forwarders and orders to such are automatically cancelled. For more information though Id encourage you to review our Conditions of Use:
http://bbyurl.us/CoU
Worst part is your money will get blocked for one full Billing cycle. So be warned to Order anything from Best Buy to Aramex.

Thanks
Satya.

Hi, if you are going to use Aramex S&S please be aware:
1)They will collect customs duty and taxes and do not anticipate any proof for the customes/tax paid.
2)They will incorrectly charge you with excess package weight.
3)Any issue no one answer your phone.
Its my personal experience with Aramex and I have proof for what I have stated above.

Hi skt, this is not always true, this used to happen initially but has improved a lot, on my last order that came (a wireless router / bridge) below the order box aramex pasted the customs duty slip of a group of items that was cleared alongwith mine in the same go for my reference, and along with that a separate invoice was placed that clearly stated the customs duty and the broker fees of 50 rupees (Sometimes I have seen the broker fees as 100 rupees).

Regarding weight, please bear in mind the actual shipping weight of an article you are importing may be higher than the weight of the article alone due to packaging etc, so this must not be overlooked.

Third on the customer service, the local office is clueless I agree but if you contact them over email may be the answer comes delayed but they do take their action, seems shortage of stuffs. However I find Aramex charges to be less than borderlinx for smaller packages.

Worst part is your money will get blocked for one full Billing cycle. So be warned to Order anything from Best Buy to Aramex.

Thanks
Satya.

One think I am curious about what item did you find to be of lesser cost at best buy, I have never seen them offering items at lowest market porices there a tons of other sites providing items at better deals and that does not mean they are not reliable.

I need a clarification from Experts on Import Taxation.
Here is my invoice of one of the Lighting deal purchases from AMZ US.

Items Ordered
1 of: XXXXXXX $7.49
1 of: XXXXXXX $14.99 Lighting Deal Price ($4.99)
1 of: XXXXXXX $9.99

Item(s) Subtotal: $32.47
Shipping & Handling: $4.46 (Shipping Charges)
Promotion Applied: -$4.05 ( Gift Certificate )
Super Saver Discount: -$4.46 ( Deduction of Shipping Charges as order is eligible for Free shipping)
Lightning Deal: -$11.00 ( Lighting Deal Discount )
-----
Total Before Tax: $17.42
Sales Tax: $1.55
-----
Total for This Shipment: $18.97

We can see that Sales tax $1.55 was levied on $17.42 based on that,
I am assuming Customs in India should collect the tax on Total for This Shipment: $18.97
but Instead it charged me 27% tax on Item(s) Subtotal: $32.47.

Guys please enlighten me here. I have couple of more orders coming in next few days.

Thanks
Satya.

One think I am curious about what item did you find to be of lesser cost at best buy, I have never seen them offering items at lowest market porices there a tons of other sites providing items at better deals and that does not mean they are not reliable.
Then you certainly have no Idea of their Black Friday sales on BDs and CDs. They priced them insanely cheaper during the week particularly on Friday others deals like AMZ don't even come close.But never mind all of my orders to Aramex got canceled and they don't ship Internationally so you haven't missed anything.

Hi all,

Last month I bought 2 LP's frm Elusivedisc & used Aramex for the first time to get them shipped. I've purchased LP's frm abroad before also but never had to pay any customs duty. But Aramex charged me INR 838/- customs duty for a shipment costing 55USD(Approx INR 2860/-). This is almost 30% of the cost of the LP's. They never gave me the original custom duty payment receipt. When asked the Kolkata office about the custom receipt while delivery, they told that they "forgot" to send it with the shipment, next day someone will deliver it. I'm still waiting for it. Today Kolkata office informed me that they have asked Mumbai office for the receipt. If they don't have the receipt with them how did they "forget" to send it with the shipment? I'm not denying paying of duty on an imported item. My idea of writing this is that there should be more transperency in the system for a company like ARAMEX. If they have really paid the customs duty on my shipment then they should be able to produce the original customs bill also, thats all.

Update on my last post: Kept asking Aramex about original customs receipt, but all they kept sending me their own calculation of the customs duty for items imported. This paper is also an Aramex letterhead with some hand written scribbling. On further enquiry they answered that those are indeed customs officer's handwriting & initials, without any stamp or proof of customs office involvement. Then I asked them how can the customs use Aramex stationary to calculate & receive any duty and don't provide any official receipt to Aramex who are actually paying on the receiver's behalf. On this Aramex went silent & no further reply to my mails.
As due to nature of my job I'm well conversant with the systems & practices of Indian customs(both on & off the record) I can definitely summerise that for the insignificant items like vinyl records(in my case) where the customs is not interested, Aramex is creating their own customs duty slips & collecting the same from the customers. This is fraud(untill unless they finally provide me with some original customs receipt for my shipment). Presently I'm out of India, so can't proceed any further personally, but I'll definitely look into this matter when I go back.
My only advice to all the fellow HFV members next time onwards check your papers properly before paying customs duty for an Aramex shipment.

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Thanks
Satya.

So BestBuy will not ship to Borderlinx address as well?

--G0bble

third time overcharged by aramex .
Ordered a point and shoot camera via kraiglist ,
value = 2862/-
Duty =864/- which is 30%+ actual duty on still cams is 14.7%:mad::mad::mad:
shipping=575/- seems ok .

to conclude paid 1400/-+ wow which is 50% or more :mad:
So cheap shipper gimmick ..

third time overcharged by aramex .
Ordered a point and shoot camera via kraiglist ,
value = 2862/-
Duty =864/- which is 30%+ actual duty on still cams is 14.7%:mad::mad::mad:
shipping=575/- seems ok .

to conclude paid 1400/-+ wow which is 50% or more :mad:
So cheap shipper gimmick ..

I agree with Kaushik, Aramex has hidden charges, in my case they over charged me on packet weight also never share the duty paid receipts, send many emails also didnt yield any justice...cheap option to ship but these hidden charges make them scary....

i have tried as an alternative the ICCWORLD's ShopAbroadOnline, trust me it is way cheaper and faster than aramex.

maybe the duty on used stuff is more, or a penalty on importing used stuff

i clarified with them it was due to wrong category the item shipped ,i was busy so missed the submission of invoice!

instead of "still camera"
it was in accessories category..

I agree with Kaushik, Aramex has hidden charges, in my case they over charged me on packet weight also never share the duty paid receipts, send many emails also didnt yield any justice...cheap option to ship but these hidden charges make them scary....

+1 on that.

See my earlier posts in this thread & be carefull while using Aramex. I had to pay 2300Rs( shipping + duty) for two LP records frm Elusivedisc costing 55usd. And again they never provided original duty paid receipts. Looks like it's there extra income as I never had to pay customs duty for LP records b4 when shipped via USPS.

Brgds

Bhaskar

BEWARE!!

Off late I am able to see that aramex shipping charges are too high and coming as a surprise/shock for me. Recently they charged Rs 1068 (shipping only, duty Rs 275 extra)for a package weighing 0.52 Kg from UK while the shipping calculater says it is $10 per kg. Also I am able to see they have entered a shipping charge of Rs 1500 for a 1.5m HDMI cable worth 17GPB which hardly weigh .5 kg. On top of this I have to pay customs duty also for tiny, low cost items which otherwise will be delivered without any such duty.

There was a time when this thread was started, aramex was so cheaper than Borderlinx. Now I think Borderlinx is much cheaper as their shipping charges become less when we combine multiple purchases as a single shipment. This thread title has become misleading now.

So guys think twice before using Aramex again. Otherwise be ready for the surprise!!

BEWARE!!

Off late I am able to see that aramex shipping charges are too high and coming as a surprise/shock for me. Recently they charged Rs 1068 (shipping only, duty Rs 275 extra)for a package weighing 0.52 Kg from UK while the shipping calculater says it is $10 per kg. Also I am able to see they have entered a shipping charge of Rs 1500 for a 1.5m HDMI cable worth 17GPB which hardly weigh .5 kg. On top of this I have to pay customs duty also for tiny, low cost items which otherwise will be delivered without any such duty.

There was a time when this thread was started, aramex was so cheaper than Borderlinx. Now I think Borderlinx is much cheaper as their shipping charges become less when we combine multiple purchases as a single shipment. This thread title has become misleading now.

So guys think twice before using Aramex again. Otherwise be ready for the surprise!!

Try shopabroadonline.com powered by iccworld. They provide all costs before you can post the order and no hidden charges. Moreover for heavier packages their service is cheaper than aramex. Delivery time is same as aramex.

One additional thing, I remember that on aramex 1 pounds is 10 USD and that is 0.45Kg and aramex is very particular about weight so 0.54 Kg falls in 2 pounds categort which is 18 USB ~ 18 x 51 = Rs 918. Rest must be service tax. I was charged in 3 pounds bracket once when my package weighted 1.04 Kgs and I cannot complain.

Lastly for your HDMI cable the customs is determined by the item type classification to some extent so Aramex recommends that email them item purchase receipt immediately after purshase so that they can look at proper customs being levied.

+1 to surendar .
That is a common trait of aramex
"they show more weight than actual"...
as shipping for more than .90Lbs goes 1068/- huh..so stopped using this

Back