Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

i have tried as an alternative the ICCWORLD's ShopAbroadOnline, trust me it is way cheaper and faster than aramex.

My experience with ShopAbroadOnline was also good. I bought audio cables from Monoprice through them. Delivery time is very fast. Received cables in weeks time. Got Rs.400/- discount on total charges as new year promo was going on.

At Shopabroadonline one gets to know actual shipping charges/duties going to be levied before shipment. The whole process of ShopAbroadOnline is transparent. After payment, one receives delivery of ordered items at home with no extra cost.

Will buy more things through ShopAbroadOnline in near future.

ShopAbroadOnline how they handle sensitive items like projectors,
aramex so far has handled laptop,cdp etc very well

yes still the best, most importantly look out for thei coupon codes that give discounts on shipping charges upto 400 to 500 off on special ocassions

Hello Freinds

To my experince Borderlinx is way better in service compared to Aramex

Just wanted to share a recent expereince of buying abroad. Last month I bought a REL Stadium II subwoofer ( used ) from avsforum UK . The consignment was of around 50 KG with dimensional weight at 90 kg because of the huge size of the subwoofer and the speacial packing of wooden pallete that I requested. This was my first direct purchase from abroad of such a big and heavy item. At the advice of my freind ( An expert and ex member of the forum who also advised for the sub ) I placed the order of importing with Aramex. He reffered to a contact so that I can get in touch with her for smooth transit. After the sub was delivered at Aramex - they strated experimenting how to bring that to India. All the information about the weight and volume of the sub was given to them prior to placing the order and only after taking their go ahead. However Aramex did all shorts of R&D for more than a month ( including opening the packing , checking with the respective agencies etc ) and concluded that they could not bring that because- subwoofer contains magnet and "size is too big" and it was an used item. Remember all the information was with them prior to delivery at Aramex. I was frustrated to the last and again at the advice of my freind decided to bring the sub through Borderlinx. In the mean time wemyself and my freind escaleted the mater to Aramex country head.

Anyway at our request they agreed to deliver the sub at my Borderlinx add free of cost. But it took further 2 weeks to ship the sub with in UK. I feared that the sub must of gone. Ultimately it reached at Borderlinx who delivered to my home just with in 5 days. I was very much satisfied with Borderlinx service . As per my calculation cost was same with Aramex ( who failed to deliver ) and Borderlinx.

I would never deal with Aramex in future

Cheers
Pratim

I have used Aramex and if you cross their minimum weight limit of 1 pound, things start getting pricey. Their only advantage is compared to shopabroad that custom proof items (no customs duty) can give you a real competitive price which on the contrary with shopabroad is always charged even if it is sometimes low like 200 - 300 rupees of duty.

Btw Shopabroadonline is giving Rs 500 off on overal cost on account of Father's Day. Promo Code BESTDAD2012 and valid till 20th June.

Father's Day PROMO at Shop Abroad Online! Offer valid till June 20 2012

Pratim, for Rel subs I have read very good reviews about music. Congrats on your purchase, would love to listen if I get opportunity.

Pratim, just curious to know how much Borderlinx charged you for the freight & duty for the sub. I'm also thinking of importing a heavy item from UK but was afraid of the exorbitant charges. Pls let me know

regards

Arvind

ARAMEX COURIERS - PATHETIC SERVICE

I've recently ordered an item online and due to the urgent requirement, paid extra charges (2x normal) for Aramex's OverNight Parcel Domestic Delivery.
The seller shipped the item within hours as committed but it took Aramex 4 working days since the item has reached the Bangalore office of Aramex to be delivered to a location which is hardly 8 kms from their office and well within city limits!!!

As usual, the customer service team is extremely useless and very adept at making false promises of immediate delivery which never really happens.

No responses even after escalation to the Country Manager. Aramex even shown the audacity to update the tracker with a fake "Delivery Attempted" note at 8:00 PM!!!

Next time I'm not buying anything from sellers who ship via Aramex.

ARAMEX COURIERS -- AVOID LIKE PLAGUE!!! Unless you want to play ball with a bunch of clueless baboons!!!

I have used Aramex and if you cross their minimum weight limit of 1 pound, things start getting pricey. Their only advantage is compared to shopabroad that custom proof items (no customs duty) can give you a real competitive price which on the contrary with shopabroad is always charged even if it is sometimes low like 200 - 300 rupees of duty.

Btw Shopabroadonline is giving Rs 500 off on overal cost on account of Father's Day. Promo Code BESTDAD2012 and valid till 20th June.

Father's Day PROMO at Shop Abroad Online! Offer valid till June 20 2012

Pratim, for Rel subs I have read very good reviews about music. Congrats on your purchase, would love to listen if I get opportunity.

haisaikat

You are allways welcome to listen my set up . Just let me know when you want to come

Regards

Pratim, just curious to know how much Borderlinx charged you for the freight & duty for the sub. I'm also thinking of importing a heavy item from UK but was afraid of the exorbitant charges. Pls let me know

regards

Arvind

Arvind

I paid around 48 K for the shipping and duty. The sub with the packing was really heavy @ 50kg +

Cheers

has the sub reached?

Anm

The sub reached my home with out any damage except a very little patch on the wood polish at one corner . However there was a surprise.

The seller packed the sub quite good and according international standard as I saw in the picture from him and also from Aramex. But when the sub was delivered at my home it was only partially wrapped in thiick bubble wrapper. Surprising. The sub is down firing but the down wall was completely open ( I mean not covered ) . No wooden pallet was there . What might have happened - Blue Dart who ultimately delivered ( Borderlinx works in India through DHL and they in turn deliver in Kolkata through Blue Dart ) opened the box to reduce weight and volume. It was the tank like built quality that saved the Sub. The built quality is such that only fire can destroy it.

And this sub was specially designed for two channel audio and is working perfectly in my system.

It has changed my listening experience - excellent.

Regards

I have been looking out for SnS promo code. Does anyone have it?

I had evaluated ICCworld but few things put me back:
1. Actual purchase from online shop in done by them, at least it seems to me. So they might mix up.
2. They accept only US sites.

From actual experience, what is the shipping cost difference between from US and from UK?

I have been looking out for SnS promo code. Does anyone have it?

I had evaluated ICCworld but few things put me back:
1. Actual purchase from online shop in done by them, at least it seems to me. So they might mix up.
2. They accept only US sites.

From actual experience, what is the shipping cost difference between from US and from UK?

I've found ICC (shopabroadonline) to be pretty professional. Their CS people have the power to place and alter orders. They usually deliver inside a week, and they use blue dart once it reaches India. Their quotes are all inclusive too. So no nasty surprises like SnS.

Last edited:
I've found ICC (shopabroadonline) to be pretty professional. Their CS people have the power to place and alter orders. They usually deliver inside a week, and they use blue dart once it reaches India. Their quotes are all inclusive too. So no nasty surprises like SnS.
Sns lavied duty telling laptop is 30K ,
my friend bought a laptop in 173USD, provided invoice .

whenever they want they extract money ! avoid for items >5-7K

I have used Borderlinx, they are very expensive. An item marked as .7kg in their customs invoice has been charged at 1.7kg as per their volumetric weight calculation. The carton box they used had 4 inches to spare on all sides around the original packaging of the item, which is filled with bubble wrap and old newspaper. So shipping is charged for the size of their box.

On the positive side it is fast, reached me in three working days from UK.

Sns lavied duty telling laptop is 30K ,
my friend bought a laptop in 173USD, provided invoice .

whenever they want they extract money ! avoid for items >5-7K

Little surprising for me... They will extract the duty, whatever collected by customs. AFAIK, only SnS provides proper receipts and bank challan for the money we pay. It all depends on how much customs is assess the value of your items. At least in my case, so far I've been charged. whatever bill(mostly paypal transaction receipt) I submitted. I've bought almost 20+ items so far, mostly phones and tablets of value above 300$.

Lately, one issue with SnS is, some times it will take 10 days to reach here, which used to take 5 days previously :-(

Sent from my HTC One X

I have used Borderlinx, they are very expensive. An item marked as .7kg in their customs invoice has been charged at 1.7kg as per their volumetric weight calculation. The carton box they used had 4 inches to spare on all sides around the original packaging of the item, which is filled with bubble wrap and old newspaper. So shipping is charged for the size of their box.

On the positive side it is fast, reached me in three working days from UK.
Borderlinx, has a calulator for Volume weight, u need to use that .
your shipper added extra large packing ,Borderlinx billed it as per rules..
It is the buyers responsibility to read the terms . yes for small items Borderlinx is costlier, may be u can combine ship..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back