Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

Hi All!

I ordered a Blackberry and got it Via. SNS. It was very fast delivery once the package was put in their hands by Amazon. Only complaint is customer care is not so helpful. Thanks for the thread and all the sharings here!! :)

Question:-
Unfortunately i received a used/refurb device instead of a new one which was confirmed by the seller via email before i placed the order. I contacted them and they offered to replace it. What is the SAFEST, FASTEST and CHEAPEST way to send it back and receive the new one?

Hi guys I have bought iphone 5 from uk, apple store online. Given the address of my brother who is studying there. The iphone will be delivered by 19th Oct, damn due to large waiting of 2-3weeks. Now the problem that I am facing is I contacted the Fedex and dhl guys they both told me that these days the customs are implementing premium on customs on iphone 5. And one of my friend got 25% on bill + shipping. A person told me that Fedex and dhl have people mixed up with the customs, as they also get premium on these.

So it would cost me (with Fedex and dhl):
51200(iphone 5 32gb) + 6800(shipping) + 14500(Custom) + 500(handling charges) total costing 73000 :(

I have heard about these courier services: ARAMEX , SHOPANDSHIP (aramex sister company), Bongo etc.

I want to know which will be the cheapest of them all ;)

And you can get a unlocked iPhone 5 right here in India for the same cost and around the same period.

Rs. 73,000 for a mobile phone that will be outdated in two years? Whew!

Arjch....kinldy share the saurce so that peaple may benifit form your buying exprence.
as you mentioned 32 Gb from UK 599 pounds.

Arjch....kinldy share the saurce so that peaple may benifit form your buying exprence.
as you mentioned 32 Gb from UK 599 pounds.

I am buying straight from the apple online store, UK. The problem with the physical retail is you can only get iphone from there if you wish to stand there in line for 10-12 hours, and that does not guarantee you will get unlocked iphone, As mainly people want locked one which is cheap for first bill. Apple online store provides guaranteed 100% actual unlock iphone5, as most of the other online ehops have locked ones, or the unlock is used only in the particular region as they will lock it on asking you the name of carrier you want. The best example to that is carphonewarehouse.com they are the second biggest iphone sellers in UK, and they do exactly this.

Now earlier friend of mine was coming from manchester so I thought why not ask him to carry it, but he will be visiting europe for one month. So I was confused what to do on this. I got to know that If I get the phone parcel via Fedex or DHL., It will cost me a lot approx. 25000 on top of the cost of phone, due to customs.

At that time I was like, what I am going to do now, So I searched numerous forums and found out that I can actually use service of Aramex, borderlinx. I talked with people of both and get everything that I wanted to know.

And from both the cost will be about 4600k to 5300k including shipping, customs, security & insurance, handling charges. :)

So now the total charges:

Factory Unlock Iphone 5 32GB Black: 499.17 + 99.83 (Vat) = 599.00 (Rs. 50890)
Courier: 62.16 (Rs. 5300) for express delivery(upto 3 days), You can reduce this 4600 for standard(upto 6 days)

Total: Rs.56190

Hope this helps, but you can use this method only If some one, is living in UK as apple does not delivers to postbox address, they need real physical address in UK.

And the same is going to cost in India for 79000 to 88000 (thats updated price 01/10/2012).
Iphone 5 price brake up when it launches: (It will launch on last week of November 2012), Got info from one of the apple store. But they say there, lots of shortage of the iphone that are manufactured. So they will announce it, and will take advance booking but will be sold off only on the mid of december by airtel,vodafone or aircel!

Approx price on release in india:
16gb: 46000
32gb: 55000
64gb: 64000

If any queries, please do ask. ;)

@arjch

''And from both the cost will be about 4600k to 5300k including shipping, customs, security & insurance, handling charges.''

How is that possible?? Please explain,Thanks.Customs alone will be close to 15-20k no matter which courier you use!

Sorry for late response, :)

Contacted aramex also the borderlinx both are saying it will be arround 5000, only should be having iphone invoice along with the package! You can contact them for this....

guys iphone will fall to 33k in few months:p
think of the fact that your money will go 40% less in 2-3months

Want to buy lumia 900 from Amazon USA...

Guys any chance if I can get lumia 900 using Aramex. If yes, how much is customs duty on cell phone and possible shipment charges,

Please help...

Last edited:
Re: Want to buy lumia 900 from Amazon USA...

Guys any chance if I can get lumia 900 using Aramex. If yes, how much is customs duty on cell phone and possible shipment charges,

Please help...
About customs duty. Customs duty is approximately 27% of the basic cost + shipping charges.

Aramex SnS charges $18 for packages up to 1 kg.

About customs duty. Customs duty is approximately 27% of the basic cost + shipping charges.

Aramex SnS charges $18 for packages up to 1 kg.

The customs will be around 2% of the assessed value of the phone

That is incorrect information.

I've bought 3 phones through ebay-shop and ship-aramex and everytime I have paid 2% on the assessed value, so in my experience it's correct info
I also have a pdf sent by aramex in which the custom mentioned for mobile phone is 2.06%

What is the 'assessed value' of a product? Buying price, buying price and shipping charges or indian price of the product as per custom officer ?
I've bought 3 phones through ebay-shop and ship-aramex and everytime I have paid 2% on the assessed value, so in my experience it's correct info
I also have a pdf sent by aramex in which the custom mentioned for mobile phone is 2.06%

What is the 'assessed value' of a product? Buying price, buying price and shipping charges or indian price of the product as per custom officer ?

it depends on the customs officer on duty, it could be his assessed value (on what he thinks the value of the item is in india:indifferent14:)
or the value on the invoice, my first two phones came in with customs being charged only on the invoice value, on the third phone the customs guy had scratched the value and put it as Rs 20,000 ( invoice value was Rs 12,000)

it depends on the customs officer on duty, it could be his assessed value (on what he thinks the value of the item is in india:indifferent14:)
or the value on the invoice, my first two phones came in with customs being charged only on the invoice value, on the third phone the customs guy had scratched the value and put it as Rs 20,000 ( invoice value was Rs 12,000)

Hi arunhc, would it be possible for you to share the customs duty structure of different products shared by aramex here? will be of great help to many like me who are still sitting on the fence...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

chart of customs duty on Items...

SOURCE: SNS EMAILER:

TYPES OF COMMODITY DUTY (%) (on the customs assessed value)
Laptop/Computers /iPad 16.80%
DVD/ CDS (movie) 28.80%
Other than Movie CD/DVD 16.854% (Condition: only Software)
Mobiles 2.06%
Digital / Video Cameras 28.80%
Digital Still Image Camera 16.854% (Condition: should not be capable to
record video with minimum resolution
800x600px at min 23 frames per sec)
Sports Equipment
16.80%
Entertainment sports equipment 28.85%
(like video games)
Books (educational) FREE
Electronics/ Car parts 28.85%
Computer Printers 16.85 %
Other Than computer printers 25.85%
Hand Watches/wrist watches 2 8 . 8 5 %
iPod 28.85%
DVD Players/Blu-Ray 28.85%
Cosmetics/ Stationery/Toys 28.852% (Condition: for Cosmetics: please
contact [email protected])
Web cameras 28.85%
Sunglasses 28.85%
mino/Hard Disk(Internal) 6.03%
mino/Hard Disk External 16.85%
Processor 6.03%
And other computer peripherals 16.85%
Gaming Consoles 28.80%
Television 28.852% on MRP
Battery (laptop) 28.85%
Apparel 28.85%
Shoes 28.85%
Artificial jewelry 28.85%
Camera lens 28.85%
Phone accessories 28.85%
Cables/wires 28.85%
Supplements / medicines /
body building supplements
modem 16.85%

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back