Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

Ordered on aBay UK on Monday, got delivery by Aramex SnS on Saturday (today). Am mighty pleased with the speed and cost of Aramex. Below is a comparison between Borderlinx and Aramex as per my experience on similar item of approx same size and weight.

Borderlinx:
item: toy
size of original product carton: 10.5" x 4.5" x 2"
shipping weight: 0.7kg (volumetric weight 1.77kg as per Borderlinx calculation)
duty: Rs.328
tax: Rs.451
shipping charges: Rs.1682
fuel surcharge: Rs.303
Total charges: Rs.2763 paid by CC before despatch from Borderlinx UK(rates converted from GBP to INR, so may not add up exactly)

Aramex ShopandShip
item: toy
size of original product carton: 13" x 4.5" x 2"
shipping weight: 0.8kg
shipping charges: Rs.1133
Total charges: Rs.1133 paid to delivery man today at doorstep.

There is a catch here: as per Aramex calculation duty would have come to around Rs.655, which I was not charged, maybe it sailed through customs.... If we add this amount, total would be Rs.1,788, which is still about Rs.1000 saving from Borderlinx cost.

Hello Folks,

Do we have a new promo code for SnS? I guess the old ones do not work anymore.

Thanks,
Pannags

before registering I checked their Facebook page, Twitter posts and also sent an email and one of their reps emailed me the code in a day or 2, i dont recall exact time they took.

bought phones for my friends, from the date of receiving the package in us aramex office, they took exactly 5 days or less to deliver it to me, brilliant service..
:)

I had ordered a package through ICCworld PPO. It was a Samsung SSD Hard Drive. The package was showing up on tracking as under customs clearance from 16th of August. After chasing them for 6 days they finally tell me that they lost the package.

Extremely disappointed with the service and the complete non-communication till now. They have offered to give me credit of the product value in PPO service but I don't think I ever want to use them again.

Guys how much would shipping a Toshiba Blu ray player cost if purchased from ebay?

I received my BDP last weekend. I bought it from amazon.co.uk
The shipping charges by SnS was around 2140/- but the customs was around 2k. The BDP was valued as 7k by the customs :( however by Credit card was charged around 5.9k. The total landing little over 10k.

Took 10 days from the time I bought from Amazon to reach my home. 4 days to reach SnS UK. SnS took 6 days to ship it to my home.
Super service by SnS. I would definitely recommend SnS.

Last edited:
I want to order multiple beauty products like eye shades, lip glows etc from UK,US to India. Cost would be about 2-3K/

And Perfumes as well...

Now issue is Amazon UK & US does not ship such product to India.

Thus, I have two questions for you:

1. Would you be able to ship to India?

2. What would be the Custom duty on these products.

What now? Starting a beauty saloon? :)

SnS will ship anything. Customs duty may not be applicable but if yes, then expect around 30%.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

The shipping charges by SnS was around 2140/- but the customs was around 2k. The BDP was valued as 7k by the customs :( however by Credit card was charged around 5.9k. The total landing little over 10k.

Took 10 days from the time I bought from Amazon to reach my home. 4 days to reach SnS UK. SnS took 6 days to ship it to my home.

please donate to public ... 10k for a BDP ? are u in time machine and time is 2011. :p

latest models of Sony BDP i can fetch for 6k , keeping 1k for my diy needs.
3d ones also can be imported in 8k max.

please donate to public ... 10k for a BDP ? are u in time machine and time is 2011. :p

Man....Here people are buying Oppo costing more than 60K and you're complaining to this guy !!
Just to tell you, he has just bought the Cheapest Region Free, Hassle Free, Worldwide tested and one of the most durable BD Player...that too in just 10K.
And don't forget it's Toshiba...not like Pagaria or Santosh (I'm sure they haven't yet started making BD players) !!

There is no point if you buy a 6K Sony BDP with Region C encoding. At the end of the day you'll be spending much more on buying Region Free Discs in India or anywhere !

FYI, I do donate to orphans. I do have a life to live and hence I bought it :)
If Sony sells for 6k then Onida will be probably available for 4k. It is not about cheapest or imported goods. It is about the optimum solution for region-free BD player. You are welcome to give better solution for region-free BD player.

Man....Here people are buying Oppo costing more than 60K and you're complaining to this guy !!
Just to tell you, he has just bought the Cheapest Region Free, Hassle Free, Worldwide tested and one of the most durable BD Player...that too in just 10K.
And don't forget it's Toshiba...not like Pagaria or Santosh (I'm sure they haven't yet started making BD players) !!

There is no point if you buy a 6K Sony BDP with Region C encoding. At the end of the day you'll be spending much more on buying Region Free Discs in India or anywhere !

well said technobhatt :)

Last edited:

Customs office takes into account the total value as cost of goods plus cost of shipping. That is why they valued at 5900 + 2140.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Demand from the fairer sex bro...:D...

phoren maal demanding fairer sex...be careful bro:eek:hyeah:

Mr Kix - any reason why there is a chance of customs not being levied? I didnt know we can import anything without customs sitting in India (except of course some specifically exempted goods by specific sets of people/companies - I would think life saving types) - in a way getting what the fairer sex demands is life saving for Nishabfss:clapping:

One can mark it as a gift and then it may be exempt from duty. I meant, "it is possible that duty may be exempt". Definitely not a certainty.

I want to order multiple beauty products like eye shades, lip glows etc from UK,US to India. Cost would be about 2-3K/

And Perfumes as well...

Now issue is Amazon UK & US does not ship such product to India.

Thus, I have two questions for you:

1. Would you be able to ship to India?

2. What would be the Custom duty on these products.

Just be careful to ask the retailer to send the multiple products in one packaging. Becuase SNS doesnot consolidate and treats each shipment individually. So if you order 10 products from 10 different guys then you will have to pay for 10 shipments.

Back