Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

I intend to get a Celestron telescope which costs around 500$. Would it be exempted under "educational purpose"?:D

Thanks.

I was about to register for SnS. Just One question before I register.
1) I did see a place to attach your ID. What do i need to do there.

They never asked me for an address proof when I registered last year.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

May be this is new requirement. Or maybe yours was a one-off case where they might have over-looked the proof.
It makes complete sense to me since they need some sort of confirmation that you indeed live @ declared address so that they feel at lesser risk just in case your imports are in violation of some law or plainly to make sure that they don't lose out on the customs charges and their service charge.

Custom duty on Cellphone is 1.03%, approx 15% on laptops, computer accessories and 24% on electronics)

The customs duty may be 24%, but as far as I know, goods worth up to 25000 INR are exempted from this duty at-least when they are hand-carried by a person.

Does the same exemption apply if you're shipping them?

For eg: if I'm shipping something from US worth INR (converted) 24000, do I have to pay 24% duty on the entire sum? That'd suck!!!

The customs duty may be 24%, but as far as I know, goods worth up to 25000 INR are exempted from this duty at-least when they are hand-carried by a person.

Does the same exemption apply if you're shipping them?

For eg: if I'm shipping something from US worth INR (converted) 24000, do I have to pay 24% duty on the entire sum? That'd suck!!!
The 35K duty exemption (not 25K) applies to personal checked-in baggage only when a resident Indian is returning to India from abroad after a stay of more than 3 days (does not apply to Nepal, Bhutan, China, Mynamar). It does not apply to:

- unaccompanied baggage brought in as cargo
- imported items by other means

So if you are shipping dutiable goods from outside India to India, full duty will be levied as per the tariff, class of goods and the customs' assessed value.

Last edited:
Quick Question,

If I order something from amazon.uk or amazon.de to say BL/Aramax. Can i later request for a VAT Refund? Has anybody tried this?

Do BL/Aramax provide you with the Customs Receipt?

Quick Question,

If I order something from amazon.uk or amazon.de to say BL/Aramax. Can i later request for a VAT Refund? Has anybody tried this?

Do BL/Aramax provide you with the Customs Receipt?

It will be very difficult of not impossible. BL/Aramex do not provide any customs receipts.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

The 35K duty exemption (not 25K) applies to personal checked-in baggage only when a resident Indian is returning to India from abroad after a stay of more than 3 days (does not apply to Nepal, Bhutan, China, Mynamar). It does not apply to:

- unaccompanies baggage brought in as cargo
- imported items by other means

So if you are shipping dutiable goods from outside India to India, full duty will be levied as per the tariff, class of goods and the customs assessed value.

Thanks. When you say 'customs assessed value' that'd be in case we cannot provide receipts with the actual value, right? I mean I'm thinking Onkyo 616 which is discounted > 50% by Amazon and you can get it for sub-20K INR. But if customs 'assesses' it for it's full value, then we'll be jacked wont we? So my question is - if you provide a receipt which equals 20K INR, then will customs take that as the value or insist on 'assessing' it?

Thanks. When you say 'customs assessed value' that'd be in case we cannot provide receipts with the actual value, right? I mean I'm thinking Onkyo 616 which is discounted > 50% by Amazon and you can get it for sub-20K INR. But if customs 'assesses' it for it's full value, then we'll be jacked wont we? So my question is - if you provide a receipt which equals 20K INR, then will customs take that as the value or insist on 'assessing' it?

The customs people are not nasty people. They will accept your valuations upon producing actual/real invoice. The CIF or landed value in this case will be invoice price + 10%. But if someone tries to act smart they will reject all claims and use their valuations. They have every right to do so.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I created an account 2 days back.
Used the promo voucher and got the account for 10$.
But my account is still in the validation phase. How much days does it take for activation?

edit: Got the account activated. Real thanks for all the info

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I have used borderlinx in the past and now I have come across this service from Aramex.

It turned out to be so much cheaper that I got a phone from UK and the estimate I got from Borderlinx is Rs.4,913 for shipping, taxes and customs (pic enclosed) and I paid Rs.523/- as shipping and Rs.77/- for customs to Aramaex Ship and Ship. So, the total is Rs.600/- as against Rs.4,913/- by Borderlinx. :yahoo:

For, this you have to take member from Aramex Shop & Ship. The fee is US$ 35 but you can use a coupon code "SNS10VSCH" as I did and then you will need to pay just US$ 5 (Rs.234.81 was charged on my card).

I got it in December and hopeful that this coupon code works even now, if it does not, you can use "IND3957" to get it for US$ 10 according to their facebook page Shop&Ship India | Facebook.

I got 3 phones last month from UK and one more product is on its way from US.

Some points:

* Unlike Borderlinx, we do not need to pay for shipping, taxes and customs before getting the product. Their delivery person collects shipping and customs when they deliver the product so sometime, custom is not at at all charged so you don't pay for it.
* Average shipping price is Rs.500 approx per 500 gms and custom as per product category (actual charged by custom dept, you get a receipt of it). Custom duty on Cellphone is 1.03%, approx 15% on laptops, computer accessories and 24% on electronics)
* I got them in 2 days flat from UK to my home once and in 3 days twice.

I am very happy with their services and can get many products from US/UK now.

PS: I AM NOT ASSOCIATES WITH ARAMEX, JUST THOUGHT THAT THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USEFUL FOR FELLOW HFV MEMBERS. I actually got to know about Borderlinx from HFV and took benefit of it by getting few products. :)

How does it work ? Can I buy from any portal and use aramex/borderline services.?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back