are there any dolby atmos AVRs under 50K??

Naveenbnc

Hello all....

Currently I have the following speakers:
5.1 speaker set from yht196
5.0 taga tav606se speaker set
one 12inch sub (I can add one more sub if needed)

I hope its a good idea to build a dolby atmos setup by using my existing items. Would you agree guys??

I dont need ultra hd 4k and other all high end technology options.
All I need is good audio experience.

I can not allocate budget for expensive avrs now.... please suggest if any options are there under 50k guys...

Thanks & Regards
Naveen

Last edited:
Hi guys...just to add... there are some options available in 45 to 50k range. Each might be good in its own terms... but no clue which one is better to work with my existing speakers. Any directions from seniors will help a lot...

Secondly, instead of dolby atmos, any suggestions on 7.2 or 9.2 setup are also welcome...please help fro this upgrade...

Last edited:
Hello all....

Yes.. They would be capable of only 5.2.2..

Currently I have the following speakers:
5.1 speaker set from yht196
5.0 taga tav606se speaker set
one 12inch sub (I can add one more sub if needed)

Adding one more sub would be good HT experience..

I hope its a good idea to build a dolby atmos setup by using my existing items. Would you agree guys??

Yes.. You can re-use your current Yamaha satellite speakers as ceiling speakers with mount...(Inexpensive way)

I can not allocate budget for expensive avrs now.... please suggest if any options are there under 50k guys...

That will be the catch.. 7.2.4 capable AVR like Denon x 4300, Marantz SR 6012 will be expensive..Should be same with Pioneer & Yamaha AVR's too..

Hi guys...just to add... there are some options available in 45 to 50k range. Each might be good in its own terms... but no clue which one is better to work with my existing speakers. Any directions from seniors will help a lot...

Depending on your budget and the layout you plan, you can choose your AVR..

Secondly, instead of dolby atmos, any suggestions on 7.2 or 9.2 setup are also welcome...please help fro this upgrade...

I think, it would be best if you wait, plan & upgrade your AVR with all capabilities..

Why do you want to look at 7./9.2 non-capable Atmos AVR ?

Hey Elangoas...

I would love to have an atmos capable avr. The only reason I asked for normal 7.2 etc is just in case atmos avrs are beyond what I can afford.

I will be more than happy to have a 5.2.2 atmos avr in 50k. :)
I am guessing adding front heights can do the trick.
Is that possible??

Thanks a lot for responding Elangoas !!

Hey Elangoas...

I would love to have an atmos capable avr. The only reason I asked for normal 7.2 etc is just in case atmos avrs are beyond what I can afford.

I think it starts from 45K..

I will be more than happy to have a 5.2.2 atmos avr in 50k. :)
I am guessing adding front heights can do the trick.
Is that possible??

Thanks a lot for responding Elangoas !!

Yes.. Front heights (Or) middle heights as explained by an other FM..http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/67752-dolby-atmos-upfiring-modules.html#post745947

But you can use the Yamaha satellite, mounted from ceiling for Atmos AVR..

Last edited:
...its a relief to know that starting price is around 45k.
Now I have to look for an AVR that can drive my 5.0Taga606SE effortlessly along with 2 front heights (yamaha satelites) and 2 subs. (Active subs wont put load on avr anyway...)

I started reading and understanding... meanwhile any suggestions on avrs from you guys can help ... I will not hurry this time though...

Last edited:
...its a relief to know that starting price is around 45k.

You can actually grab one for lesser too as the newer series have been announced and the outgoing models will be discontinued..

Now I have to look for an AVR that can drive my 5.0Taga606SE effortlessly along with 2 front heights (yamaha satelites) and 2 subs !!

An ceiling mount like this under 500 Rs should be able to hold your yamaha satellite speaker.. (should weight less than 1 Kg)..

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

search ebay.in for speaker (or) camera mount, you will get plenty of options..

I started reading and understanding... meanwhile any suggestions on avrs from you guys can help ... I will not hurry this time though...

Denon x 1300 / Marantz SR 5011 / Yamaha RXV 581 / Pioneer VSX 1131

Actually I taught of fabricating speaker stands myself...:lol:
But these stands are compact and nice looking. They save time and efforts. I will get some stands like you suggested ... :clapping:

Again I wonder, if I go with an entry level or budget Atmos avr (around 45 to 50k) do I really get a feel of a good upgrade just by adding 2 more speakers on top???

Right now my setup is a budget one, and pretty good!!!
My next upgrade should add more punch basically. If I lack that punch and just get some minor sound stage on the top, I dout if its worth.

Here im stuck if a budget atmos avr is really an upgrade, or wait and plan for better (expensive?) Atmos avr ...

Again I wonder, if I go with an entry level or budget Atmos avr (around 45 to 50k) do I really get a feel of a good upgrade just by adding 2 more speakers on top???

Right now my setup is a budget one, and pretty good!!!
My next upgrade should add more punch basically. If I lack that punch and just get some minor sound stage on the top, I dout if its worth.

Here im stuck if a budget atmos avr is really an upgrade, or wait and plan for better (expensive?) Atmos avr ...

Today, due to budget constraints if you are settling for 5.2.2 layout, there will be a hitch somewhere that you missed the 5.2.4 layout.. (4 overheads)..

Since you will be upgrading from 5.1 AVR, It is best to upgrade to 5.2.4..

If you can increase your budget over time for AVR, try OLX in your city with brand names as key words in search.. Something might work out..

I think it starts from 45K..

Yes.. Front heights (Or) middle heights as explained by an other FM..http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/67752-dolby-atmos-upfiring-modules.html#post745947

But you can use the Yamaha satellite, mounted from ceiling for Atmos AVR..

Previously I have used Yamaha Satellite speakers (of HTiB Yamaha YHT 299) with Taga Speakers trying to compliment back surround. The sound signature was dismal, they did not gel well. Somewhere the highs/mids were high somewhere low. I suggest matching speakers in all the channels--all at similar dB levels to get the desired surround effects.

Today, due to budget constraints if you are settling for 5.2.2 layout, there will be a hitch somewhere that you missed the 5.2.4 layout.. (4 overheads)..

Since you will be upgrading from 5.1 AVR, It is best to upgrade to 5.2.4..

If you can increase your budget over time for AVR, try OLX in your city with brand names as key words in search.. Something might work out..

That's a great piece of advise elangoas !! :clapping: (the same hitch bought me here so far :eek:hyeah:)
Going for a 5.2.4 avr definitely makes sense !!!

Previously I have used Yamaha Satellite speakers (of HTiB Yamaha YHT 299) with Taga Speakers trying to compliment back surround. The sound signature was dismal, they did not gel well. Somewhere the highs/mids were high somewhere low. I suggest matching speakers in all the channels--all at similar dB levels to get the desired surround effects.

hey paranjandas... that is surely something to think about. Thanks for the warning. I am simply guessing, if there is an option to control the volume of individual atmos speakers mounted on top, we can try to achieve a balance. I have all the 4 yamaha satellites as good as brand new. May be using all of them on the ceiling is worth giving a try. ...:)

I read somewhere that a well planned 5.1 can sound better than badly planned atmos set up !! may be its true if everything doesn't come together nicely !!!

hey paranjandas... that is surely something to think about. Thanks for the warning. I am simply guessing, if there is an option to control the volume of individual atmos speakers mounted on top, we can try to achieve a balance. I have all the 4 yamaha satellites as good as brand new. May be using all of them on the ceiling is worth giving a try. ...:)
You can surely give it a try like I did. Nevertheless I ended up using additional speakers (Normal Bookshelf Speakers) for Dolby Atmos firing modules and kept the Yamaha Speakers as a separate set up. In case you looking for suitable mounts for 5mm threaded Yamaha speakers, no mount can match this for angled positions. I bought it at Amazon.in for some 1k.
c59a3135c98647f7940fc1619f2cdffd.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

True.. Yamaha HTIB satellite speakers may not be a good one.. He has budget constraint for AVR.. Hence the suggestion to re-use them and experience atmos in an inexpensive way..

Also height speakers per Dolby specs, should be able to produce 80 Hz- 16Khz.. Yamaha satellite should fairly be able to match it..

I am simply guessing, if there is an option to control the volume of individual atmos speakers mounted on top, we can try to achieve a balance. I have all the 4 yamaha satellites as good as brand new. May be using all of them on the ceiling is worth giving a try. ...:)

Most auto calibration would set the required level.. You can always bump up one / two dB in speaker settings (if reqd)..

guys... im searching for atmos avr ... and facing a small confusion
i am assuming 5.2.2 is same as 7.2?
and...5.2.4 is same is 9.2?
is my understanding correct?

Last edited:
guys... im searching for atmos avr ... and facing a small confusion
i am assuming 5.2.2 is same as 7.2?

Yes..7.2 AVR is capable of 5.2.2

and...5.2.4 is same is 9.2? is my understanding correct?

A 9.2 AVR is capable of 5.2.4 (or) 7.2.2 layout..

If the AVR has 11.2 pre-outs (Denon X4300), then 7.2.4 is possible..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back