Aritas Vs Dyna 52

Hi,
Aritas seem to be winning hands down!!!
Another thing to consider is stands for both these SM. Aritas + stands = 65K
At 65K a Dali ikon 6 or MA RS 6?
Of course if one can accomodate an FS.
(My take is SM on stands or FS does not really matter as both take up precious floor space)
Regards

Well my analysis is that the Aritas are everybodys choice of speakers (or on their wish list) but nobody really ends up buying them:D
Well guess its because their budgets are bigger (than mine 50-60K)and they end up wilth better stuff. :cool:
Any owners on the forum......I am still waiting for your inputs of cables, amp,interconnects, CD player you are using and overall experience.

Thanks a TON Dinyaar and Particleman for adding to my confusion
But guys keep it going......appreciate the inputs.

Ha, ha, ha, then perhaps I should not add that Totem Sttaf is another good option to consider? That if you like the bookshelf version (Rainmaker) then these are a pleasure to listen to? No? :D

The Totem Acoustic reseller for India is as below. Trust they will direct you to the nearest showroom (which I believe should be LaKozy at Chowpatty):

Marbin Rusatm Colah
Innovative Information Technology Ltd
Audio Distribution Group
1507 Maker V, Nariman Point;
Bombay 21, India
FAX: 91 22 56301209
Tel: 91 22 56325010
Mobile: 91 9819257839
E-mail: [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]

Hi Kunal,
Now this is really getting interesting with Mr colah in the picture. If the speakers are there at Lakozy do hear them but even the Rainmaker will be 65K as against the 1000 USD tag it carries.
I doubt marbin will be able to demo them/ home demo definately not.
Am not adding to ur problems dear Kunal its just that when u are now in the 65/70K budget there are quite a few competent options. U started of with the BR 2 i think (What price to pay) so u have doubled ur budget!!!haha always happens. And i was dead serious when i suggested the two FS from Dali/MA. At the price point they would be a very good option to the Arita in my opinion.
Best Regards

Hi all, i have been reading various reviews over the last 2 weeks to finally norrow down on

(a) Cambridge Audio 540 V2 amp and CD player with Monitor
Audio Bronze BR2 speakers.

(b) NAD 352 Amp / Marantz 6002 CD Player with Monotor Audio
Bronze BR 2 Speakers.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Dinyaar you are dead right started with CA/ NAD/BR2 on having read the reviews...disappointed when actully heard them.....so upped the budget. Finally ending up spending twice as much....no regrets at all :)
Now the final call.....speakers. Nothing like listening to all options ....so here go again...;)

Re: sorry !

Oh Oh !

I am sorry;

I was under the impression that you preferred the Dynaudio to the Cadence.

Actually, I have auditioned most Dynaudio speakers - except the 'sapphire' That I need to listen to.

This may sound very very strange, but imho Dynaudio makes the best [yes] amplifier in the whole wide world !!
It is a speaker company, but its electronics are better. I have not heard a better amplifier than the Arbiter [pre and power] !!! Period !!
This is the only time when I actually liked the Dynaudio Master Evidence.
I have heard it 4 times in different places & it only sounded good with the 'arbiter' !!!
Strange - speaker company makes a 'referance' level electronics [amplification] !!!! :eek:

Hey no problem -- I should've put it differently. Speaking of amplification doesn't Dynaudio or one of their affiliates have a hand in the system at Blue Frog in Mumbai? Hope to hear it soon. What do you think of Totem?

Mr 2 left ears,first of all, fix one of the ears to the right side & then GO & LISTEN WITH THEM!
There is nothing like Auditioning with your fav music!
Thats what I did almost 30 years back when I was picking my big system & till date, there's no better method!
There are plenty of guys who will bombard you with all sorts of foreign brand names ( Totem, for heavens sake!) just to impress you but, GO LISTEN, MAN!

There are plenty of guys who will bombard you with all sorts of foreign brand names ( Totem, for heavens sake!) just to impress you but, GO LISTEN, MAN!

Yikes! Not sure what prompted such an angry reaction, Kamalji. It has never been (nor will ever be) my intention to "impress" anyone. The Totem range is a proven performer for Jazz, Country and that sort of music -- as evidenced within a few seconds of listening to them. As much a part of the Canadian music scene as PSB or anything else, it is not some exotic brand that one uses to dazzle. They shine whether driven by a tube amp or solid state. The Rainmaker in particular has remarkable (and tuneful) bass extension for its size and incredible presence -- I spent literally an entire weekend a week ago listening to it all day and night and the music is still ringing in my ears. It was a wonderful personal experience and that is why I recommend it.

Hi all, If i am spending 60-70K on bookshelves (incuding stands) are floor standing speakers a better option? (Room size 200 sq ft)

You should only trust your ears and don't believe in any generalization. There are small speaker which will blow away bigger speakers easily .... even in a big room. It all depends on their performance and not on their size. Therefore do compare directly as many speakers (small and big) as possible. Best would be if you can convince your dealer for a home demo. If you are residing in Bangalore I can bring the ARITAs incl. stands around today if you wish.
A word on the term "Bookshelf Speakers". I don't know who has invented this term. But one thing is clear: this guy does not know anything about HighFidelity. A speaker's place is NOT ON A SHELF !!!:mad: Period. Because every speaker will interact with the surface it is standing on. Therefore it has to be developed in a way that the interaction with this surface is taken into consideration. A hard floor which pratically does not transmit any resonaces is a sort of constant for the designer of a speaker. Whereas a bookshelf will always resonate differently depending on it's material and construction. A varying factor which the designer can never anticipate and control. Therefore it's a must that those small speakers have to be mounted on a stand, preferably on the same stand that was designed for the speaker it self.
Discussion on decoupling of audio gear is open;).
Jochen

I agree with Jochen's approach. Also, most of the confusion stems from not listening with your heart but paying too much attention to the brands. In fact choice should be good :) Try listening to different speakers with all other factors being the same (as much as possible). See if you can take your amp/CDP&CDs/cables to the showroom or if the dealer(s) can provide in an in-house audition, thats even better.

In general a smaller speaker should suffice for your listening room (200 sq ft). With a floorstander you need to be able to either bring out the speaker from the backwall a bit (especially if its a rear ported), this will also depend on your room. If you are in Bangalore, then I invite you to come into to the ARN/Hitachi showroom to listen to the Odyssey bookshelves (just to add to your confusion :D). We are also getting in a new line of speakers (in your price range and above) in the next couple of weeks which will have an unbelievable good intro pricing.

cheers
Sridhar

Hi Kunal,
While i totally agree that quality stand mounts can easily outclass some Floor standers and that generally for a small room its best to opt for a small speaker for obvious reasons.
At the 30K mark that u started off i could not really think of a FS which would be musical(BIG BASS YES!!!) but at the 65/70 K mark there are a few that u should at least consider before u take the plunge. If u still prefer the way the arita sounds then u know u have made the choice after exploring all options.
Actually some 30 yrs ago my dad had the Quad ESL s with the 3 peice quad amps, then for the longest time we had a variety of floor standers and now in a small apartment i have a stand mounter. Cant say what will suit u best or what kind of sound will appeal to u? I didnt suggest the FS option to confuse u, its just an option to consider.
Best regards

Blue Frog !

Hey no problem -- I should've put it differently. Speaking of amplification doesn't Dynaudio or one of their affiliates have a hand in the system at Blue Frog in Mumbai? Hope to hear it soon. What do you think of Totem?

You are correct;

The sound in Blue Frog has been done by Mr. Andy Munroe of Munroe Acoustics. AM used to use all Dynaudio Acoustics. The speakers in BF are not from Dynaudio Acoustics - I forget the name.

Have you been to BF ? If not, go today. Be prepared to go there every day.
It is 2 good - 3 good !!! Just check who is playing & that the music is up to your liking, else it can be a drag.
The sound is great for a club !!

Cadence Demo Room !!

Hi Jochen and Sridhar, really appreciate your inputs and help. Sadly I am in Mumbai but do visit Blr at times. (Will get in touch then)
The quest continues.....for now.

You can audition both the speakers in Mumbai.

Dynaudio @ Fort & Cadence @ Fort too.

Dynaudio @ Apeejay House - Sound Smith !
Cadence @ Botawalla Building - 4th floor - Cadence Listening Room !

Both the show rooms are less than 500M apart;

Go and listen.
;)

Thanks Shanti, have demoed both the Dyna 52 and Aritas at home this week, liked the Aritas better. Now for the final call (Dinyaar, no confusion :))
If i am spending 65K for Stand mounts + stands, are there any floorstanders I should also be considering. (The usual suspects - MA RS 6, Dali Ikon 6 and the Quad 22L). Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back