Aritas Vs Dyna 52

How big is your room ? Kind of furniture ??

Sir,

How big is your room ?
If it is not more than 200 sq. ft. then go for Stand Mounts.
If you have a big room, then consider a floor stander.

Floor Standers have their own set of issues !!:mad:

Have you been to BF ? If not, go today. Be prepared to go there every day.
It is 2 good - 3 good !!! Just check who is playing & that the music is up to your liking, else it can be a drag.
The sound is great for a club !!

Thanks, I will be sure to check it out. I am glad there is such a place in Mumbai.

Thanks Shanti, have demoed both the Dyna 52 and Aritas at home this week, liked the Aritas better.

Great, now I will be able to hear Cadence whenever I want by dropping in at 2leftear's place ;) :D

Particleman, since you have stated that you have auditioned the Totems thoroughly, your recommendation is very valid.
Many persons spout recommendations with no/highly sketchy auditioning-my grief was about that habit.

Totem @ Boomerang !

Totem makes good speakers;
I would like to say that of all the times I have heard them, they have never disappointed me.
I just find them to be a tad bit too expensive for the kind of sound they offer.
'Coca Cola' sells them in India & Boomerang sells them in Mumbai.
Auditions are possible there.
I prefer them to Dali & Monitor Audio [up to silver].

Shantiji,
I tried to locate Botawala Building, but there are 'n' number of buildings with same name in that area. Can you please give exact location and phone no.?

Thanks

Horniman Circle !!!

Shantiji,
I tried to locate Botawala Building, but there are 'n' number of buildings with same name in that area. Can you please give exact location and phone no.?

Thanks

Sir,

I am sorry, but I do not have the tel number.

This is on Horniman Circle.
1st Building. Bang oppostite to Asian Library.
Botawalla Building. It is very very famous. Go there and ask.
4th floor. Audio Room.

Thanks Shanti and neo.

I did meet Huzaifah and had an extended audition of 'Arista' as the 'Aritas' were out on demo. Shall try next week when it is expected back. The former, is really a class apart, being electrostatic speakers and no fatigue even after hours of listening, provided you are willing to shell out 1.65L+12.50% VAT.

Now, they have a new range of dynamic speakers called 'Spendor' imported from the U.K, heard the S5e really nice and compact, very musical, but lacks tight bass. Maybe, the higher end could prform better in that aspect.

Lacks Tight Bass ???

Now, they have a new range of dynamic speakers called 'Spendor' imported from the U.K, heard the S5e really nice and compact, very musical, but lacks tight bass. Maybe, the higher end could prform better in that aspect.

Spendor is a Cadence Company.

The bass was not tight ?

That is a 'strange' obervation !

Tight i.e. "Controlled" bass is the Spendors forte.
I think probably what was meant was bass extension.

Hi Guys,
Went over to Kunals(originator of this thread) place yest to hear his set up and just concur on the Cadence Arita.
His room is a pretty large living room. The equipment is a Cyrus CD6s+ Musical Fidelity A3.2 amp and the cabling is VDH D102MK III and the Revolution Hybrid speaker cable.
The Arita (on its dedicated stands) were a lightweight listen!!! From a distance of about 10 Ft u could barely hear the bass lines. Surprising really as the cabling would be erring towards the bass and the cyrus (current version) is better/deeper listen over the original version. Since the speakers were a metre from the rear wall he pushed them closer to almost touching the wall but the bass was far from convincing.
I am not referring here to big bass or anything similar as thats not what i would expect from such a speaker but some amount of presence/extension would have been welcome.
He felt the Dyna he tried earlier had that but had lesser midrange activity.
Any opinions? Or suggestions?
Personally feel he would be better suited with an FS in a similar price range(65/70K)
Regards

Concur with Shanti's thought processes.
But , first of all, were the Aritas properly toed in?1 mtr from the real wall is fine.If even after toeing in the bass is insufficient, & his room is big-e.g 15" X25" etc, floorstanders it is .And the Amayas/Aristas would fit the bill beautifully.I have heard the Amayas a lot & my respect for them has only grown with time.
But i doubt if u cld get factory refurbished Amays for 60-70 K-it'll be more.
but call up Dhananjay phalke or Mr Ambalavanam at Cadence, Pune to find out.Ph Nos in the Cyrus vs Marantz thread by Tharun.

Last edited:
Thanks Shanti and neo.

I did meet Huzaifah and had an extended audition of 'Arista' as the 'Aritas' were out on demo. Shall try next week when it is expected back. The former, is really a class apart, being electrostatic speakers and no fatigue even after hours of listening, provided you are willing to shell out 1.65L+12.50% VAT.

How much is the spendor S5e for???

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back