AUDESSEY MICRPHONE FOR MARANTZ SR 5011.

musiclovr

Hi fellow forum members where do i find an Audessey mike for caliberation of marantz sr5015.have found some in olx for 600rs, any idea if those can be trusted? also can any audessy mic work for all models? my friend has Marantz NR1510 will it work for my model? i bought a used SR5011 came without accessories. thanks in advance

Hi fellow forum members where do i find an Audessey mike for caliberation of marantz sr5015.have found some in olx for 600rs, any idea if those can be trusted? also can any audessy mic work for all models? my friend has Marantz NR1510 will it work for my model? i bought a used SR5011 came without accessories. thanks in advance
If you check manual, mic model no is written.
You check online too.

Usually Audyssey MICS of Denon / Marantz work with all models. Borrow from your friend, no harm in trying. It should work. Till you try, you will never know.

If you check manual, mic model no is written.
You check online too.
Found out from online source it is ACM1HB.
Usually Audyssey MICS of Denon / Marantz work with all models. Borrow from your friend, no harm in trying. It should work. Till you try, you will never know.
yes,, i went to the audyssey official website too, they have metioned denon,marantz,teac,onkyo,integra etc for the same mic. available in amazon.com for 44$. no shipping to india. I think i will borrow from someone with a Marantz/denon,

yes,, i went to the audyssey official website too, they have metioned denon,marantz,teac,onkyo,integra etc for the same mic. available in amazon.com for 44$. no shipping to india. I think i will borrow from someone with a Marantz/denon,
Yes do that, you just need to use the same once, unless you keep changing speakers, you will need to have one handy for the same.

"It is important to use only the microphone that comes with the Denon A/V receiver as the calibration curve built-in to the receiver is specific to that microphone. It is also critical to point the microphone upwards and to place it at ear height. Any other microphone will have different characteristics and will not produce accurate results. Microphones have different sensitivity ratings and are not interchangeable when calibrating the Audyssey software."

"Yes, the supplied Audyssey microphone is calibrated to a 1/4" industry standard measurement microphone. The correction is applied to the measurements as they are being taken. It is important to use ONLY the microphone that is supplied with the Denon AVR as the calibration curve built into the receiver is specific to that microphone. It is also critical to point the microphone upwards and place it at ear level. Using any other microphone will have different characteristics and will not calibrate with the Audyssey software properly. "

But then again, having no calibration at all would be worse than calibrating with a replacement/borrowed microphone that is probably slightly off.

"It is important to use only the microphone that comes with the Denon A/V receiver as the calibration curve built-in to the receiver is specific to that microphone. It is also critical to point the microphone upwards and to place it at ear height. Any other microphone will have different characteristics and will not produce accurate results. Microphones have different sensitivity ratings and are not interchangeable when calibrating the Audyssey software."

"Yes, the supplied Audyssey microphone is calibrated to a 1/4" industry standard measurement microphone. The correction is applied to the measurements as they are being taken. It is important to use ONLY the microphone that is supplied with the Denon AVR as the calibration curve built into the receiver is specific to that microphone. It is also critical to point the microphone upwards and place it at ear level. Using any other microphone will have different characteristics and will not calibrate with the Audyssey software properly. "

But then again, having no calibration at all would be worse than calibrating with a replacement/borrowed microphone that is probably slightly off.
In the link provided they are talking about 'any'microphone. As long as it's an audyssey mic ACM1HB it's all the same supplied with denon Marantz teac onkyo integra and tascam avrs. Audyssey official website supplies same model for all these avrs.

Yes do that, you just need to use the same once, unless you keep changing speakers, you will need to have one handy for the same.
Yea.. that will be a concern l8r when I start adding speakers. But for as of now this seems like a viable option.

In the link provided they are talking about 'any'microphone. As long as it's an audyssey mic ACM1HB it's all the same supplied with denon Marantz teac onkyo integra and tascam avrs. Audyssey official website supplies same model for all these avrs.
What the links mean is that all ACM1HB audyssey mics are not exactly the same. There are slight variations in each one.
The characteristics/variations of a particular mic is encoded in the AVR that it comes bundled with.
For example: If the mic that was supplied with your AVR measures -0.5db less at 50Hz. When you run calibration, your AVR knows that and will compensate for that -0.5db and calibrate accordingly. Now, if the replacement ACM1HB mic happens to measure +0.5db at 50Hz and you try calibrating. Your measurements will be off by +1db.

What the links mean is that all ACM1HB audyssey mics are not exactly the same. There are slight variations in each one.
The characteristics/variations of a particular mic is encoded in the AVR that it comes bundled with.
For example: If the mic that was supplied with your AVR measures -0.5db less at 50Hz. When you run calibration, your AVR knows that and will compensate for that -0.5db and calibrate accordingly. Now, if the replacement ACM1HB mic happens to measure +0.5db at 50Hz and you try calibrating. Your measurements will be off by +1db.
I think you are talking about ACM1X , they are individually caliberated . but don't come bundled with AVR, ACM1HB are not individually caliberated with any avr, audyssey officially sells the same mic for all supported avrs.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back