Audio ripping software

GeorgeO

Does any one here have experience using dbpoweramp to rip their CDs into flac? How well does it work in general and does it pull the titles of each track using IMDB and also artwork?

I'm considering buying it-I've been using EAC for many years, but find that IMBD nowadays doesnt work for me like before.

Any suggestions re alternatives or feedback welcome.

TIA

Does any one here have experience using dbpoweramp to rip their CDs into flac? How well does it work in general and does it pull the titles of each track using IMDB and also artwork?

I'm considering buying it-I've been using EAC for many years, but find that IMBD nowadays doesnt work for me like before.

Any suggestions re alternatives or feedback welcome.

TIA

I recently made to switch to the shareware version, because eac was coughing over some of my older discs. The ripping is a bit better than eac. And it flawlessly pull album art and track info. Am not sure I would buy the full version though.

Hello George. I have been using dbPoweramp for a year and it has been excellent. Occasionally when I use the batch converter (when converting over 10,000 files at a time from Flac to WAV) it skips over a folder or two so I do have to go over and double check it.
By the way the free trial version is the full version and so you can get a very good idea of how it works for a month.
I also believe the metadata is pulled from several sources for which you have a licence forever (although they do ask for a donation) once you buy the full version.

Thansk Rupam and Staxxx. One related question.

Do products like this, when bought. allow you to install one copy on your desktop as well as one on your laptop?

On Googling, I found that you can load the program on up to 5 computers for non-commercial use with one licence.

As per their website "Single PC $38, Family Pack $56 (install on 2-5 PCs)"

You need to purchase 'Family pack' to install it on more then one machine.

I have used the trial version of dbPowerAmp to rip few CDs and I think it's much convenient than EAC.
Could anybody please let me know, how to create ".cue sheet" using dbPowerAmp? I couldn't find any option of making .cue files in dbPowerAmp.
I searched on Google, but couldn't find an exact answer.

Ahhh... the effects of some years of Linux! I suppose I have become what some commenters on The Register (my daily nod to some sort of update on the IT world) call a freetard! I am yet to be convinced that software like this needs to be paid for --- although I do believe in supporting the authors when one comes across something really good.

To be honest, I usually take a simple approach to ripping, unless the CD is known to be damaged, when the deeper stuff sometimes saves the day, but often doesn't, but takes a very long time trying.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back