Audiophiles meet up in Chennai!!

Hai all,

Sorry that I will not be able to attend the meet today.

N.Murali

All hifi-ers lucky to make it to the meet- have a blast! Hope you have a good turn out!
MBR, good initiative on your part to make the meet more interesting.

All the best guys, Have a rocking time.Nice to see that chennai is the most happening place for such meets.

Updated list:

For venue details refer post no: 27 (page 3) http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/6944-audiophiles-meet-up-chennai-3.html#post90069

1. ghouseam
2. venkatesh
3. MBR
4. Flanker
5. soundadvice
6. srinisundar
7. Venkatcr
8. Naseer
9. Psychotropic (Tentative)
10. Gannyboy
11. Mark (Craftel)
12. N.Murali
13. Srikarkav
14. Ramesh (Tentative)
15. Vortex (Tentative)
16. Tellranga
17. PKS Nathan
18. Capt Rajesh
19. Sashi Kumar
20. Shailender + 1
22. sushanthace (tentative)
23. Kingfisher
24. Samuel
25. Sub

I know its short notice but would love to join in.

Hmm, other cities guys are missing out. Let us know what you auditioned and uptakes/outtakes. Interested to see what equipment makes it up in the discussion.

Keep us posted.

Hi Guys,

The meeting took place and it was a very nice experience.It was great meeting
the audio gang of Chennai.I don't know if Ram is going to open new thread for posting details about the meeting. So i will write my impressions once the new thread is opened,

cheers,
sri

Hi Guys,

the audio gang of Chennai.I don't know if Ram is going to open new thread for posting details about the meeting. So i will write my impressions once the new thread is opened,

cheers,
sri

Thanks Sri, for updating the thread! Good to know that the much awaited meet finally happened.

Hi Guys,

cheers,
sri

Of course Sri :) I am planning to create one thread for each meet so we have it properly documented.

Great meet today at Ignite, ECR

Hey everyone

It was great to meet all of you in person today. VenkatCR's presentation was very nice - not too techie and not too simple either. Just nice. I am sure most of us would have found it interesting and useful. I am already making adjustments to my sound setup at home (speaker placement etc) based on the info from VenkatCR's presentation !!

By the way, after Gannyboy left (who was the almost the last to leave), I had an audition in Mark's Swift on his superb custom config system in the car. Sounded lovely and going by what he said, it was not too expensive either. We were right outside Ignite, sitting inside the car with the A/C on, listening to music and chatting about various kinds of systems, the stuff he makes, pricing, sound damping and what not. Wow. I enjoyed those 30-40 mins with Mark of Craftel. Very nice down-to-earth person too.

Looking forward to the new thread on this meet by Madbullram as well as to meet more of our forum friends at future meets !!

Thanks and warm regards,
Venkat :)

Re: Great meet today at Ignite, ECR

Hey everyone

It was great to meet all of you in person today. VenkatCR's presentation was very nice - not too techie and not too simple either. Just nice. I am sure most of us would have found it interesting and useful. I am already making adjustments to my sound setup at home (speaker placement etc) based on the info from VenkatCR's presentation !!

By the way, after Gannyboy left (who was the almost the last to leave), I had an audition in Mark's Swift on his superb custom config system in the car. Sounded lovely and going by what he said, it was not too expensive either. We were right outside Ignite, sitting inside the car with the A/C on, listening to music and chatting about various kinds of systems, the stuff he makes, pricing, sound damping and what not. Wow. I enjoyed those 30-40 mins with Mark of Craftel. Very nice down-to-earth person too.

Looking forward to the new thread on this meet by Madbullram as well as to meet more of our forum friends at future meets !!

Thanks and warm regards,

OH, we missed this Car session.:sad:.. Can you elaborate in details in a seperate thread about this or in the same thread, so atleast we will have little idea what you guys discussed and what kind of different config he is doing and how the music differs from normal stereo for car and ofcourse pricing part..:licklips:

It was a wonderful meet yesterday to meet every unknown faces and not even a single minute was felt that we never met already.That is wonderful....Mr.Venkat session was very basic to understand every need to select/setup an 2 channel system and ofcourse on next session it will be 5.1/7.1.Love this session and great to interatct with him:)...Thanks guys for this happening!!!!!!!

Hey everyone

Thanks and warm regards,

Hi venkat,
Well that must have been a bonus for you after the wonderful meet:).Please post some more info about Mark's car audio here.My son in law is having a Swift and asking me to take hime to Mark to improve his car system.So please post some more details .

cheers,
sri

Dear friends,
I really missed meeting you all yesterday as I had to leave for my native place on an urgent work.I will surely make up for the next meet.It was really unfortunate for me not coming there.When is the next meet planned?
With regards,
pksnathan

OH, we missed this Car session.:sad:.. Can you elaborate in details in a seperate thread about this or in the same thread, so atleast we will have little idea what you guys discussed and what kind of different config he is doing and how the music differs from normal stereo for car and ofcourse pricing part..:licklips:

Hey Srini

Yeah I am sure you all would like to know what we were talking about in Mark's Swift. Well it looks like I actually have to recollect stuff before I put them down here. He was so full of information and was so enthusiastic about talking about his home and car audio, that he sort of overloaded me with info !! But very nice chap. I enjoyed spending that time with him.

He was specifically mentioning something he called "The Slice" which was I think a new slim type amplifier or subwoofer (don't remember correctly) and which is yet to be launched in their car audio range. He was saying that it was made based on some design by Mark Levinson and is very space saving etc while giving a good output.

As for the setup in Mark's Swift, he had a JVC double DIN full touchscreen unit in the dash, normal door speakers in the front doors, 2 tweeters mounted on the dash and an amp and a subwoofer at the back. I did not get to see the boot to have a close look at the amp and the sub. We were just sitting in the front, chatting and listening to the music. He had a separate switch for the amp and subwoofer, and the difference between the standard output from the head unit and the output through the amp and subwoofer was incredible.

He was also telling me a lot about sound damping in cars, ranging from 5k to 20k, where the 20k damping would be for the whole vehicle (using something called Dynamat) and which he said would make your car as quiet inside as a Mercedes. Wow. Now this is something I would seriously like to consider having done in our new car once we get it in a couple of months.

Maybe I shall give him a call and try to put together all that we exactly spoke about last evening, after which I would be able to write it down here in a bit more detail for you all. But for now, the above is what I remember !!

Warm regards,

It was a great meeting yesterday! Excellent and painstaking presentation from Venkat and lovely gestures like that of Srini who lent us the use of his projector and flanker who so generously let us use his place for almost the entire evening. Ram too went to great lengths to organize the entire meet and put everybody at ease with bottles of Coke and Samosas!

The Chennai chapter of Hifivision is going strong! And this is only the beginning. Talks of further sessions, joint equipment auditioning, knowledge sharing etc. all of it is being talked about. I am sure Ram would be highlighting some of these in his new thread.

Now when are we going to have an all India Hifivision meet? :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back