Audiophiles meet up in Chennai!!

Guys,
Was thinking, with this nice weather, how about some short eats like Samosa or Cutlets etc. If you guys think its a good idea, will try to get some short eats and bottle of coke for all.

Ofcourse, we will share the cost :eek:hyeah:

Ram - is this what you call 'nice weather'? :)

I really do hate the slush and grime that monsoon in Chennai brings. Plus this means I am not able to really do outdoor activities!

I really do hate the slush and grime that monsoon in Chennai brings. Plus this means I am not able to really do outdoor activities!

Offcourse, this is the weather I love to take my Jeep with top down and ride my bullet in ECR. Add to that, listening to music with some mirchi bhajji when its raining is absolute bliss :)

Last edited:
Guys,
Was thinking, with this nice weather, how about some short eats like Samosa or Cutlets etc. If you guys think its a good idea, will try to get some short eats and bottle of coke for all.

Good idea, MBR. Lets do it and share the cost.

Warm Regds / Shailender

great weather for listening to music :) but terrible weather for doing almost anything else.....unless you're like Ram and have an affinity for offroading :)

Guys,

Hi,

All great ideas are pouring in! You are my best buddy!:clapping::yahoo::eek:hyeah:

Offcourse, this is the weather I love to take my Jeep with top down and ride my bullet in ECR. Add to that, listening to music with some mirchi bhajji when its raining is absolute bliss :)

Ah, I see! I dont mind the temperature lowering. I would much prefer that. But without the rain.

I am just miffed that this continuous deluge has stopped me getting my weekly cricket match in:).

Hi friends,
Wish i could join, but after a taxing sat'day, will find it difficult to travel to the other end of the city, but hope to make it some time.Anyways wish you all a wonderful weekend meet.

Hi

Do count me in for a fine evening and sorry for delayed reply as i was busy with my construction work and learnt about the meeting thro a friend only yesterday.

Regards

sub

Guys,
I had a talk with the VP of Alpha Power, a very fine gentleman who is passionate about music like us. He is in the power industry for good time and understands the grid. I had requested if he can get his Chief Engineer to give us a 30 mins session on problem caused by voltage fluctuations and various systems like Servo stabs etc. This is more to understand power conditioners etc.

Off course, this will not be a marketing talk :). I am getting a Servo Stab for my house and learnt a lot from him. So thought it will be nice for our community to understand the perils.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers!

Updated list:

For venue details refer post no: 27 (page 3) http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/6944-audiophiles-meet-up-chennai-3.html#post90069

1. ghouseam
2. venkatesh
3. MBR
4. Flanker
5. soundadvice
6. srinisundar
7. Venkatcr
8. Naseer
9. Psychotropic (Tentative)
10. Gannyboy
11. Mark (Craftel)
12. N.Murali
13. Srikarkav
14. Ramesh (Tentative)
15. Vortex (Tentative)
16. Tellranga
17. PKS Nathan
18. Capt Rajesh
19. Sashi Kumar
20. Shailender + 1
22. sushanthace (tentative)
23. Kingfisher
24. Samuel
25. Sub

Ram:

Getting someone to explain to use the value of a servo stabilizer is excellent. We have been having a number of discussions on HFV about servo vs electronics vs UPS.

Cheers

Guys,
I had a talk with the VP of Alpha Power, a very fine gentleman who is passionate about music like us. He is in the power industry for good time and understands the grid. I had requested if he can get his Chief Engineer to give us a 30 mins session on problem caused by voltage fluctuations and various systems like Servo stabs etc. This is more to understand power conditioners etc.

Off course, this will not be a marketing talk :). I am getting a Servo Stab for my house and learnt a lot from him. So thought it will be nice for our community to understand the perils.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers!

Hi,

Well done, Ram. It is great to have masters from different arenas in our meet, which will add lot of values.

Thanks,

wonderful idea Ram..will definitely help us all on issues related to power supply to our precious gadgets !!:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back