Audioquest DragonFly USB DAC 1.2

In India Audioquest is represented by Audio-one.
I contacted them for the same last month.They haven't yet received the 1.2 yet also the price was not fixed.
They had said they would be getting it by june end but haven't contacted me yet.

In India Audioquest is represented by Audio-one.
I contacted them for the same last month.They haven't yet received the 1.2 yet also the price was not fixed.
They had said they would be getting it by june end but haven't contacted me yet.

Is the 1.0 available? I contacted Mr Vasudeo Jagwani of Harmonie Audio, Calcutta. They are the distributors of audioquest in the city as listed in audioone website. He stated that the dragonfly might be available by the second week of August.

Even I am looking into the dragonfly especially with Android L incorporating native USB audio support.

Mr Jagwani is a member of the forum as far as memory goes. Maybe we can hand in a petition from interested members :-D

Last edited:
I talked to audio-one today. Ver 1.2 is in shipment and will arrive next week. However the price is 14K which is 5k dearer than if purchased from US. Food for thought.

It is 50% more expensive...why so expensive? I mean it is not even a bulky device where the shipping component is high...the dealers just want to play safe, order a few pieces and mark it up high...

It is 50% more expensive...why so expensive? I mean it is not even a bulky device where the shipping component is high...the dealers just want to play safe, order a few pieces and mark it up high...

Yes. Or our customs duties are super - high. I will be ordering from the US or might be from Honk Kong. Apart from warranty issue, I do not see another reason why I should buy from audio-one.

Yes. Or our customs duties are super - high. I will be ordering from the US or might be from Honk Kong. Apart from warranty issue, I do not see another reason why I should buy from audio-one.

Even if you order it will come to 149$+20$ (shipping)+ around 30% of 169$ around 50$ as customs I suppose. Will cost you 13k without warranty.

Unless you get someone to carry it in for you, you will end up paying around audio-one's price anyways.

If you know someone who can carry it in from US or HK do let me know.:licklips:

Last edited:
Our Customs duty is 29.6% on all electronics...and this duty is the same in China as well but even there the products are cheaper than India....Hongkong is a duty free port but an expensive city so the prices are not very cheap but cheaper than most of the world...

Only yesterday, I went to surfing the audio shops in HK and even the wilson Audio dealer had demo pieces for Sophia 3 and 2 pairs of Alexandria in black and white finishes...the Indian dealers are ridiculous and keep complaining about high customs duty which is the same everywhere in the world....

Even if you order it will come to 149$+20$ (shipping)+ around 30% of 169$ around 50$ as customs I suppose. Will cost you 13k without warranty.

Unless you get someone to carry it in for you, you will end up paying around audio-one's price anyways.

From US, it is always be someone to carry in. The unit is small and lightweight.

Also customs duty applies on the product invoice and not on the freight charges. For small units like these and for personal use, customs duty is often overlooked. I bring a lot of hobby related stuffs for model railroading from US by mail and 9 out of 10 shipments are not custom charged.

Last edited:
Our Customs duty is 29.6% on all electronics...and this duty is the same in China as well but even there the products are cheaper than India....Hongkong is a duty free port but an expensive city so the prices are not very cheap but cheaper than most of the world...

Only yesterday, I went to surfing the audio shops in HK and even the wilson Audio dealer had demo pieces for Sophia 3 and 2 pairs of Alexandria in black and white finishes...the Indian dealers are ridiculous and keep complaining about high customs duty which is the same everywhere in the world....

Tell me about it. We can do nothing about it though. Most of the audio equipment seller are already very arrogant to talk much with.

Tell me about it. We can do nothing about it though. Most of the audio equipment seller are already very arrogant to talk much with.

Agreed. I have been hunting the Dragonfly for a few days now and I have actually come across a few dealers who has stock (dunno if they are 1.0 or 1.2).

But the quotations were ridiculous: 19.8k

They do quote according to their whims.

Last edited:
Agreed. I have been hunting the Dragonfly for a few days now and I have actually come across a few dealers who has stock (dunno if they are 1.0 or 1.2).

But the quotations were ridiculous: 19.8k

They do quote according to their whims.

I am having talk with a HK seller. If he agrees to ship, I will let you know the store and you can try from there. I have found HK sellers are very co-operative and humble to talk to. They would just go that extra mile to make their customers happy. Be it on ebay or just any online store or a brick and mortar store.

And here, the moment you walk into a audio equipment store the faces around you will make you feel that your ears, taste, budget, choice everything is wrong :eek:hyeah:

And if you ask anything over phone, they ask to come down to their store. Arey bhai, where is so much time? :lol:

I am having talk with a HK seller. If he agrees to ship, I will let you know the store and you can try from there. I have found HK sellers are very co-operative and humble to talk to. They would just go that extra mile to make their customers happy. Be it on ebay or just any online store or a brick and mortar store.

And here, the moment you walk into a audio equipment store the faces around you will make you feel that your ears, taste, budget, choice everything is wrong :eek:hyeah:

And if you ask anything over phone, they ask to come down to their store. Arey bhai, where is so much time? :lol:

Even I have been talking to an ebay seller based out of Hong Kong. Very humble and cooperative. He has the v 1.0 in stock @ 108$ + 20 $ shipping

Last edited:

Same with singapore sellers. I had a real good experience with Audio Note SG when importing my AMR DAC. Very nice and understanding seller and probably in the business for longer than pretty much every indian retailer.

Even I have been talking to an ebay seller based out of Hong Kong. Very humble and cooperative. He has the v 1.0 in stock @ 108$ + 20 $ shipping

Yes, I had talked with this seller. We can try to convince him for the 1.2 revision. There are retail stores in HK from where he can buy and sell us at a profit.

It is worth a try. Shipping from HK is cheapest and they declare packages as "gift".

Shall we try to convince him for ver 1.2 ?

Ver 1.0 is not worth buying because there is a substantial difference in the soundstage.

Yes, I had talked with this seller. We can try to convince him for the 1.2 revision. There are retail stores in HK from where he can buy and sell us at a profit.

It is worth a try. Shipping from HK is cheapest and they declare packages as "gift".

Shall we try to convince him for ver 1.2 ?

Ver 1.0 is not worth buying because there is a substantial difference in the soundstage.

From what I read, its a tradeoff between clarity and soundstage. 1.2 has a bigger soundstage whereas clarity on the 1.0 is a tad bit better.

Talk to him ....we can see what prices he quotes if possible, meanwhile I am trying to see if I can get someone to carry it in from US. Will let you know if anything pans out.

Guys, try and buy in a group...even 2-3 pieces shipped together would be cheaper and even make the dealer happy.... the forum is a great place for such things...

Single pieces of an item like this, shipped by post may well escape duty. Would multiple items in one package be so lucky?

Anyway, it is a toss-up: cheaper carriage against possible customs charges. Pick the chosen method and take the gamble :)

Those are very small pieces which can easily pass of as USB samples....everyone knows what the cost of USB drives are....

Don't worry and order...I have just returned today morning and you guys should have asked me....the 1.2 versions were all over the place at Mongkok...

Those are very small pieces which can easily pass of as USB samples....everyone knows what the cost of USB drives are....

Don't worry and order...I have just returned today morning and you guys should have asked me....the 1.2 versions were all over the place at Mongkok...

:sad:

I had no clue you were at Mongkok...

Back