AV Cabinet/Rack for home use

sydney

Hi

Looking out for an AV rack, to accommodate LCD TV (40"), Amp, Stabilizer, spike busters, PS3, DAC, STB ...........other equipment (future use). Any one please could you suggest a suitable product (along with dealer in bangalore & prices if any)

Checked the Gautier Orys TV cabinet (14K + 3yrs warranty), its made of particle board. Just worried whether the board might sag after some usage.

Thanks in advance

Have shortlisted the "Alphason AMBRI ABR1/100-B Plasma TV Cabinet". Any Alphason dealers in Bangalore. The price quoted in SHOPYOURWORLD is 10K (+customs & shipping).

Hi Mridul

If you happen to read the post, was trying to send you a PM but it reports "mridulgoel has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Please could you suggest me a suitable cabinet (budget around 10-15K)

Thanks
Sidney

I just placed an order yesterday with a local furniture store here in Bangalore. Whatever racks I found at the so called big furniture outlets weren't to my liking. Simply went here picked on a design that I liked and called the furniture dealer home.

We took measurements to accommodate the AVR/center speaker/TATASky setup box/Media player and placed the order. Damage was at 10k for the rack.Am keeping my fingers crossed hoping it turns out to be what I had in mind.

In Bangalore, I can recommend RJ Furnitures on St. Marks Road near Oh Calcutta.
R J Furniture House

You can pick a design from the vast collection of catalogs and they make it to your specification. The finishing is not like what you can get from the big box stores as they don't cut the wood using CNC machines but you really get a solid design which is fairly close to the original. My choice of design for hi-fi components is
Salamander - S 40 - Package-Audio Advisor

I have placed an order for the tv unit at a nearby furniture shop.
I had designed it myself and gave an order along with measurements and choice of material, mica sheet, etc. Today I will get a pair of spotlights for lighting effects. The size is 66" x 21", after negotiating they agreed to do it for Rs. 6500. Expecting delivery this week

UNIT.jpg

Will you be stand mounting or wall mounting the tv? Where will you keep the center speaker? Have you measured all your gear and calculated the breathing space and cable mgmt?

TV will be wall mounted, I prefer it that way.
Centre will be Energy RC mini, its quite should fit in the middle slot; if not will keep it on top of the unit.
The long opening is of 9" height; should fit almost any receiver.
I will make 2-3 holes on back of the unit for cable management.
I haven't done too much of research, just made one to my liking. :)

Can anyone provide contact details of some good carpenter (who can make the TV unit for me). I live in Electronic City.

Hi Mridul

If you happen to read the post, was trying to send you a PM but it reports "mridulgoel has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Please could you suggest me a suitable cabinet (budget around 10-15K)

Thanks
Sidney

Mate, it seems Mridul has been banned from the forum hence you are unable to send him a pm....

Last edited:
Hi Santy

I liked the design and fits perfectly to my requirment.

Can you send me the complete drawing details and BOM so that i will try to get the same done here in bangalore.

Need details liek width of each cabinet apart from dimension of H,W and depth.

Regards

Srinivas Macha

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back